• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Snowman 50p Proof 2018

danmc82

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, HelpingHands said:

Hopefully the 2000 black boxes don't all flood ebay at the same time.

I think anyone in the know will want the 'full fat' version (as someone on here - soz, forget who termed it that) although I'm really pleased for those who missed out on the initial sale to grab what is an utterly stunning coin and presentation (with the perspex) :)

5 minutes ago, HelpingHands said:

It looks like around 80 separate listings have sold within the last 24 hours.

Hopefully the 2000 black boxes don't all flood ebay at the same time.

How many black boxes do you have? Maybe better in a few months time to sell when ebay has calmed down abit.

I agree.  And I'm still expecting the full-fat version to get to the  £350-£450 range.

So the black boxes could be £250 as long as there isn't over supply in the tight window up to Christmas.

Some panic-present buyers could pump the price.

Added 0 minutes later...
1 minute ago, danmc82 said:

How many black boxes do you have? Maybe better in a few months time to sell when ebay has calmed down abit.

None of the black ones.  Just the first release.  I've told a couple of people to ring up and get some of the black boxes so we'll see.

19 minutes ago, h103efa said:

Typical, seems like i'm the only one that got a defective coin! Sending back to the RM tomorrow, not sure what my chances are of a replacement and if still in the nice original packaging!

*Near the third snowman button :(

2018-11-09_18_53_18.thumb.jpg.4e349d79a69d47bc4add349303f56049.jpg

You just need to get creative with your ebay patter:

Limited edition 'snowman already melting' coin. Only 1 in existence.  MEGA ULTRA RARE. 

1 hour ago, h103efa said:

Typical, seems like i'm the only one that got a defective coin! Sending back to the RM tomorrow, not sure what my chances are of a replacement and if still in the nice original packaging!

Try calling them and say you will only return the coin no box etc and they in return send you a new coin ?

1 hour ago, h103efa said:

You got any Tipp-ex? 😁

2 hours ago, h103efa said:

Why not just send the coin back? They have black boxes they could just pop a coin out and send to you

Just noticing sold prices of the coin, higher prices with the low CoA numbers.

I'm guessing the want for low CoA numbers is that the coin has less imperfections or is it just a desire for those certificates? Is there any data comparing quality/grading of coins of low and high CoA?

52 minutes ago, h103efa said:

Just noticing sold prices of the coin, higher prices with the low CoA numbers.

I'm guessing the want for low CoA numbers is that the coin has less imperfections or is it just a desire for those certificates? Is there any data comparing quality/grading of coins of low and high CoA?

It’s mostly because people are bonkers.

2 hours ago, mr-dead said:

I am pretty sure that certs are not allocated to coin production in chronological order.

They most likely mint a big batch of coins and the boxing + cert stuck in a box comes at a later process.

In your case if you have spend “ more “ you can ask your account manager to “ try their best “ to allocate better coa for you 

they will say they cannot guarante but usually they will make it 

the key is spend enough on the same product 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

Archived