• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Snowman 50p Proof 2018

danmc82

6 minutes ago, zeusss4 said:

Why would you put the recommended retail price in the title of the item you're trying to sell at a highly inflated price?  :D

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt the non coa and black box will sell for more over time. It is far too easy to just make a similar box and print out the same writing. Far too easy. But well done to those who missed out on the first round. A nice Christmas present :)

Hmm interesting this recalled version is classed as a ‘Limited Presentation’ of 400.

Looks like they didn’t get many back from the retailer.

BCEB96BF-D3F9-43E5-89AE-9F70422A3B89.jpeg

Currently building my silver stack so looking for Kooks, Koalas, Eagles & Pandas

Outside of silver I also run a technology YouTube channel http://youtube.com/thenorthernblogger

I am trying to understand what makes the difference between a coin that becomes a hit and the rest. What is the difference for example with the Paddington Bear one, which doesn't seem to be doing brilliantly?  Is it just the lower mintage or something else as well?

Instagram: gildeon_67

Has anyone got the non-coloured versions? I wanted to know what they are like in hand, as the image on the RM website... the little boy is SUPER creepy looking. I feel sorry for the snowman and what's gonna be done to him when they fly away.....

image.png.0b792ff70efccecd13cfae18db171aa5.png

Readers discretion advised. My favourite product review from amazon, featuring a snowman:

Veet -- the Men's Hair Removal Gel Creme (from hell) . . .
30 July 2012

After having been told my danglies looked like an elderly rastafarian I decided to take the plunge and buy some of this as previous shaving attempts had only been mildly successful and I nearly put my back out trying to reach the more difficult bits.

Being a bit of a romantic I thought I would do the deed on the missus's birthday as a bit of a treat.I ordered it well in advance and working in the North sea I considered myself a bit above some of the characters writing the previous reviews and wrote them off as soft office types...oh my fellow sufferers how wrong I was.

I waited until the other half was tucked up in bed and after giving some vague hints about a special surprise I went down to the bathroom. Initially all went well and I applied the gel and stood waiting for something to happen. I didn't have long to wait.

At first there was a gentle warmth which in a matter of seconds was replaced by an intense burning and a feeling I can only describe as like being given a barbed wire wedgie by two people intent on hitting the ceiling with my head.

Religion hadn't featured much in my life until that night but I suddenly became willing to convert to any religion to stop the violent burning around the turd tunnel and what seemed like the destruction of the meat and two veg.

Struggling to not bite through my bottom lip I tried to wash the gel of in the sink and only succeeded in blocking the plughole with a mat of hair.Through the haze of tears I struggled out of the bathroom across the hall into the kitchen by this time walking was not really possible and I crawled the final yard to the fridge in the hope of some form of cold relief.

I yanked the freezer drawer out and found a tub of ice cream, tore the lid of and positioned it under me. The relief was fantastic but only temporary as it melted fairly quickly and the fiery stabbing soon returned.

Due to the shape of the ice cream tub I hadn't managed to give the starfish any treatment and I groped around in the draw for something else as I was sure my vision was going to fail fairly soon. I grabbed a bag of what I later found out was frozen sprouts and tore it open trying to be quiet as I did so. I took a handful of them and tried in vain to clench some between the cheeks of my arse.

This was not doing the trick as some of the gel had found it's way up the chutney channel and it felt like the space shuttle was running it's engines behind me.This was probably and hopefully the only time in my life I was going to wish there was a gay snowman in the kitchen which should give you some idea of the depths I was willing to sink to in order to ease the pain.

The only solution my pain crazed mind could come up with was to gently ease one of the sprouts where no veg had gone before.

Unfortunately, alerted by the strange grunts coming from the kitchen the other half chose that moment to come and investigate and was greeted by the sight of me, arse in the air, strawberry ice cream dripping from my bell end pushing a sprout up my arse while muttering..." Ooooh that feels good "

Understandingly this was a shock to her and she let out a scream and as I hadn't heard her come in it caused an involuntary spasm of shock in myself which resulted in the sprout being ejected at quite some speed in her direction.

I can understand that having a sprout farted against your leg at 11 at night in the kitchen probably wasn't the special surprise she was expecting and having to explain to the kids the next day what the strange hollow in the ice cream was didn't improve my status...

So to sum it up Veet removes hair, dignity and self respect....... :-

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

Please don’t post these when there is a risk they will be read at work in meetings...😂🤣

Here, here on this point, I have just involuntary spat a mouthful of coffee all over the table and unfortunately for her, my wife 😂 my belly is aching following the laughter attack.  Thanks for posting, it’s made a dull Yorkshire day more hospitable 

21 minutes ago, kimchi said:

That Veet review is an all time classic 🤣

Come on folks another day, another special edition surely? What's the colour today? :P

I think White interior box surrounded by black exterior, numbered COA but no coin 🤣

Archived