• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Forum uploading images issue

danmc82
Message added by ChrisSilver

This issue has been fixed. You should have no problems uploading images :)

• Founder & Administrator
On 02/11/2018 at 10:27, danmc82 said:

Having trouble uploading pictures again - "There was a problem uploading your file"

Please can you email the image to my email (it is same email in all forum notifications) if you need the email address again please PM me. I will then try to upload the image to the forum, if it works fine then it is an issue on your browser. 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

I have made this into a new topic.

The below test image did not work the first time I uploaded it. I resized the image (about half the size) and it has uploaded fine. So I think the issue is just with the size of the image. You can try reducing the sizes and then uploading for the time being (no need to reduce as much as I did I think, that was just for an example)

Not sure entirely why this is as there shouldn't be any size limits. Still working on it....

20181102_105231.jpg

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

I will contact the software developer and ask why you are getting this issue, as both your member group settings and global image settings should you allow you to upload them in the original size. In the meantime please try adjusting the size as that will allow you to upload.

Discounts / Offers

I’m experiencing the same problems uploading images. I’ve had no problems uploading images before. The major headache with downsizing image files is that you end up with low-res images rather than the hi-res originals which are important for viewing detailed numismatic items.

I am aware of the issue and it is being looked into.

Discounts / Offers

Issue has been diagnosed, is caused by a setting on the server itself. Will contact the web host and ask to change that limit.

Will comment back in this thread when that has been done. 

Discounts / Offers

Everyone, this is how fixed. There is a maximum image size of 10MB per photo, but that should be more than enough for all photos, as most photos in their original size will be about 5MB. If 10MB isn't enough I can always increase that slightly, but it should be more than enough with enough buffer room.

Discounts / Offers

7 hours ago, ChrisSIlver said:

Everyone, this is how fixed. There is a maximum image size of 10MB per photo, but that should be more than enough for all photos, as most photos in their original size will be about 5MB. If 10MB isn't enough I can always increase that slightly, but it should be more than enough with enough buffer room.

Thanks Chris, seems to be working just fine 👍

• 2 months later...
On 06/11/2018 at 10:52, ChrisSIlver said:

I'm struggling to upload a ~5mb picture at the moment. It gets 1/4 of the way through the upl I ad and says the upload failed. Error code -200

Edit. Seems to be working now. Odd

Archived