• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Help Required Pm Related

jonrms

I need someone who can do a PDF file and help me sort this out.  I am getting my Sponsors mark but the Edinburgh assay office wrote back to me asking me to do more... IE in a PDF file... and Closer grouping... I will try to paste what they asked for below.... Here is what I have so far if it will allow me to upload it.

Here is part of the Message from Doreen from the Edinburgh Assay office...

Dear Jonathon,

I apologise for the delay in getting back to you. 

Thanks for sending through an attachment of your choice of sponsor’s mark.  I have checked with the Assay Master and can confirm that this will be possible however, we will require a jpeg or a pdf of the “spades” grouped tighter together. 

We do not make punches on site, we send our orders off to punch manufacturers who can take about 2-3 weeks to manufacture. Please be aware that there will be a pattern charge added to the cost of your punch as your choice of sponsor’s mark is not one from our standard list of shapes.  A “ball park” figure for the cost of a punch is in the region of £85 however with a pattern charge the cost could increase in the region of £140.00. We will not know the exact cost until the punch manufacturers invoice us.

ACE makers Mark.pub

14 minutes ago, jonrms said:

@mr-dead I emailed that odd to Doreen at the assay office.  Let's see what she has to say. I will also check with another company who make stamps for a price. @BackyardBullion 1.25mm ?? 

1.25mm is the biggest you can get with the standard pricing from them. Any bigger and it will cost about £5 per hallmark!!!! 

I don't think that you can shop around for the stamps to be made (other than approaching the other assay offices) They will have certain standards that the punch needs to meet and as such they will only use certain stamp makers most likely. 

Good luck and keep us updated. 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

3 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

1.25mm is the biggest you can get with the standard pricing from them. Any bigger and it will cost about £5 per hallmark!!!! 

I don't think that you can shop around for the stamps to be made (other than approaching the other assay offices) They will have certain standards that the punch needs to meet and as such they will only use certain stamp makers most likely. 

Good luck and keep us updated. 

I took your advice and spoke to Martin who had his punches made elsewhere. He sent me the details, I think it's another assay office.  But it's still worth getting a quote I think. They just left it in the air  

Archived