• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

Lowlow

Brexit status ...

ChrisSIlver

⚠️ Members engage in political discussions at their own risk. Please note that likely other members may have strongly opposing views to yours.

It is advisable to stay out of political discussions, if you wish to engage in debate please be respectful to other members. ⚠️ 

Message added by ChrisSIlver

The great prophet George Orwell and his book 1984. He is up there with Nostradamus with his prediction of the future. Though I am fairly sure the book was suppose to be a warning, rather than the instruction manual it has become. 

A lot of tories have said they will back Theresa Mayhem in the vote tonight. Its a private ballot though so chances are they could get rid of her if the snake micheal gove is any representation of the duplicity in the tory party. Part of me hopes she goes so we get someone who wants to leave in, part of me wants her to stay to force MP's to reject her deal and get us on the road. 

Yes, also do you remember when he said he would back Boris after Cameron went but then stabbed him in the back last minute. His actions tell that he is either an opportunist that overplayed his hand (opportunist on Brexit too having now switched sides) or that he is bought and paid perhaps, to help May get in the first place. Impossible to know the reason behind his actions, only that he is as trustworthy as a snake. 

And the Zombie staggers on regardless, getting weaker by the day, not caring about all the bits falling off as she goes.

Next episode......... She comes back in January with a weak assurance with "Zero legal legitimacy", that the UK won't be kept in the backstop for ever.

This finally pushes the DUP over the edge and they side with Labour in a Governmental wide vote of no confidence - which brings her down.

And our Zombie finally comes to a sticky end.

On the plus side, I wonder what Gold will go to in January :)

Edited by Kritika

3 hours ago, KDave said:

Yes, also do you remember when he said he would back Boris after Cameron went but then stabbed him in the back last minute. His actions tell that he is either an opportunist that overplayed his hand (opportunist on Brexit too having now switched sides) or that he is bought and paid perhaps, to help May get in the first place. Impossible to know the reason behind his actions, only that he is as trustworthy as a snake. 

Yeah,only way you can judge his actions are if he suddenly found a large bag money 😉 or maybe,Just another one that will say and do anything.

The EU want to keep the backstop in the deal.

The EU says they don't want to use the backstop. May says we do not want to use the backstop. No one wants to use the backstop but it is still in the deal.

Why is it in the deal if no one wants to use it. If the EU have no intention of using it, then it makes no difference if it is taken out of the deal does it.

The mere presence of it suggests that there is intention is to use it and now their insistence that the deal will not be renegotiated confirms their intention to use it. It is an obvious trap. May can come back with all the 'assurances' she wants this deal is going no where. 

If we go to WTO at this 11th hour, it will be a chaotic time for businesses and the remoaners will shout I told you so. The intention for WTO (what detractors pejoratively call "no deal") should have been stated when A50 was triggered, then we'd all have 2 years to prepare the infrastructures and adapt our business strategies accordingly.

That said, WTO is still a better Brexit than May's BRINO deal. Here is a good discussion on how the mechanics of a WTO Brexit would work:

https://youtu.be/5RkqwEaqMaQ?t=1853

Day one of WTO would see the UK government slash all import tariffs on everything our industry and shoppers need from the rest of the world.

Lets see then how the public react when they realise they can get everything cheaper than they used to when  we were in the EU?

59 minutes ago, Kritika said:

Day one of WTO would see the UK government slash all import tariffs on everything our industry and shoppers need from the rest of the world.

Lets see then how the public react when they realise they can get everything cheaper than they used to when  we were in the EU?

I've thought about this and however great it sounds,What's to stop ripoff britain from getting said cheaper items.then doing what this country does best,Just adding tons of taxes to the cheaper goods.They won't let you have cheap things :) lol

Edited by blackadder

Released a couple of months before we are due to leave. I am sure the intention was remain propaganda made obvious by the buzzword salad and 'you were being lied to and led on' angle being repeated. But I found myself getting nostalgic for leave 2016, what a great year that was all over the world. :lol:

Looks like the big guns are coming out! Peoples vote here we come. 

I wonder if Theresa isn't as stupid as she looks, but is actually pulling a blinder in her "Brexit means Brexit" pledge.

Since losing her majority in the general election she hasn't been able to push the bills through like she could before. It seems as though she negotiated a deal the EU would love and knew everyone on the UK would hate it, giving the deal zero chance of ever passing parliament, and now she keeps kicking the can down the road as close to 29th March as she can, putting us on the home straight of a de-facto WTO Brexit.

I'd laugh if she came out of No.10 on the morning of 30th March and said "Brexit means Brexit and I meant it!", then dropped the mic and strolled back in the door.

It could go either way. Look she has no kids so her personal legacy is perhaps the most important thing for her. Which means either she will deliver Brexit as she has promised and be remembered for that, or she will deliver remain because she believes in the project like all of the other childless globalist leaders, Merkel, Macron, Sturgeon. 

It will be entertaining either way, there will be opportunities either way, life will go on. Perhaps we will end up like Paris now 8 weeks into protests or perhaps we will get Brexit ;)

I am a bit late to this thread. 

An In or Out on a knife edge result was madness for a vote with such a radical outcome.

I have to say, if you take it at face value, Theresa May is the only one standing forward to do the job and I think for the scale of the job, she is doing a great job, but it is an impossible job.

Most of her Honourable colleagues are quite happy to watch the country burn.

I think the Aesop fable; The Miller, His Son, and Their Ass sums it up pretty well;

"The poor Miller now set out sadly for home. By trying to please everybody, he had pleased nobody, and lost his Ass besides."

Quite sad, really.  We are already paying the price with food inflation, utilities, the banks et al are not missing their chance and retail spending and general confidence is ground into the floor.

No wonder the price of gold is moving forward - both a weak pound and also worldwide tensions. 

Winter blues certainly got a grip in the @whitesands1 household!