• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

ChrisSIlver

⚠️ Members engage in political discussions at their own risk. Please note that likely other members may have strongly opposing views to yours.

It is advisable to stay out of political discussions, if you wish to engage in debate please be respectful to other members. ⚠️ 

Message added by ChrisSIlver

I have  wager at most elections, I believe the brexit party will not do that well.  Most people will go back to vote in there tribe.  I also believe the Labour party will allow the Northern MPs who have leave seats to run on a leave ticket, thats why they will have another public vote.   

2 hours ago, Pipers said:

I also believe the Labour party will allow the Northern MPs who have leave seats to run on a leave ticket, thats why they will have another public vote.   

I'm not sure momentum will allow them to be re-selected as labour candidates. . 

Yeah MP's are really trying hard to screw us over and keep us in. Funny that some people voted Tory and got libdem.

Added 0 minutes later...

Yeah MP's are really trying hard to screw us over and keep us in. Funny that some people voted Tory and got libdem.

The people I’m speaking with aren’t going back to their tribe, they are furious. I’m predicting the Brexit Party will rip a new one for both the stories and Labour. Looking forward to a GE!!! I think they’ll all be looking for new jobs 😂 good!!!

22 minutes ago, MancunianStacker said:

The people I’m speaking with aren’t going back to their tribe, they are furious. I’m predicting the Brexit Party will rip a new one for both the stories and Labour. Looking forward to a GE!!! I think they’ll all be looking for new jobs 😂 good!!!

You are absolutely right that outside London people are very irritated about this failure to deliver and failure to listen to the people again and again - even if they didn't vote for Farage. If we don't leave there is a slowly growing realisation that the EU administration/French government are likely to be vindictive and force us to bail out DB/ECB when it fails plus they will probably bill us for something like rebuilding their new Commission Offices  just to prove our loyalty to the EU President. (Hopefully they'll impose EU army conscription  on London first).  

Mays deal is lunacy as it is a stack of "open"  cheques

It really only leaves one option now....        bring back Winston

I’m on holiday so a bit out the loop so can anyone confirm for me.      BJ is going to ask for an election,    Labour going to say yes but after Hillary benn puts a motion to delay Brexit is that correct?           That will bugger the remainers is if the EU say no

i can see a lab,SMP Lib Dem coalition happening.      Maybe greens instead of one of the last 2.    

I’m still of the opinion to just stop sending money and we will be thrown out 

I think the eu budget that is coming up for renewal maybe a wake up call for the remainers and the eu.     They are going to have to do 2 because I can see this dragging on for a couple more years yet  

Just now, Oldun said:

ECB about to unleash more QE.....is that what Labour and the remainers want......to put every man woman and child further in debt ?

Having a large % of the population struggling and in debt and living of benefits is a good way of control for the Labour party I reckon.

9 hours ago, MancunianStacker said:

I’m predicting the Brexit Party will rip a new one for both the stories and Labour. Looking forward to a GE!!! I think they’ll all be looking for new jobs 😂 good!!!

I hope the Brexit party do rip a new one for the traitors.

1 hour ago, MancunianStacker said:

Hopefully the EU will get sick of it as much as us and kick us out somehow. 😑 

Somehow I doubt that, although that scum in Brussels detest us & want to control our lives, they love our money, if we go there is only Germany left to fund the whole of their defunct ideology. I don't see Germany supporting 26 countries on the take for long, they have their own problems.

Guys ,

I fully support Brexit because I respect every nation in the world and i would like the UK to be sovereign.

But please have some introspection : English mentality is partly responsible of this disaster as it is solely based on capitalism/mercantilism.

I fully agree that the EU is a tyrannical organisation and the first step to a new world order. But the whole thing is based on English economics. You are fine to blame others and you are partly right but the origin of the problem is the way English (and generally in the English-speaking world) manage the economy and always needs new markets.

Can someone knowledgeable in English history describe me a period where England hasn't been capitalist ?

19 minutes ago, Cornishfarmer said:

I’m on holiday so a bit out the loop so can anyone confirm for me.      BJ is going to ask for an election,    Labour going to say yes but after Hillary benn puts a motion to delay Brexit is that correct?           That will bugger the remainers is if the EU say no

i can see a lab,SMP Lib Dem coalition happening.      Maybe greens instead of one of the last 2.    

I’m still of the opinion to just stop sending money and we will be thrown out 

I think the eu budget that is coming up for renewal maybe a wake up call for the remainers and the eu.     They are going to have to do 2 because I can see this dragging on for a couple more years yet  

As it stands, BJ has put down a motion for a GE, (after he has chucked out the remainer traitors from the Tories), Labour have come out and said they wont vote for that, (strange that Corbyn has always wanted an election, but obviously knows he wont win it), unless the bill stopping a no deal brexit is passed first. As 2/3rd majority is needed to pass the bill, the labour vote is needed. In the meantime brexiteers in the House of Lords have put in 90 odd amendements to the bill, and will attempt to filibust it and time it out. They only need to get to Monday and then parliament will be progoued and the bill is dead.

HOWEVER.......this is all part of Boris and Cummings plan. The aim has always been to show parliament trying to stop brexit, and even if the bill gets through preventing no deal, a new government can tear up that bill in a new session. This will be the ticket Boris runs on in a new election. Vote for us if you want brexit, only we can get no deal back off the table. Farage will see brexit slipping away if he doesn't line up behind the tories, and may have to hold his nose and trust Boris, the tories will get into a pact with the brexit party for the northern brexit regions, and the brexit party will let the tories have a free run at the marginals.

The remainer MP's have fallen right into the trap, and haven't even realised they have been played.

8 minutes ago, SILVERFINGER said:

Having a large % of the population struggling and in debt and living of benefits is a good way of control for the Labour party I reckon.

Financial suicide....these remainers and Labour lot are insane....

I've just had a thought. There is a way to force a GE. What if.........................., Tory Mp's refuse to actually come to the House of Commons to put forward any business. Parliament would grind to a halt. the business of the day has to be brought forward IN PERSON to the speaker. If no one does it, then parliament cannot sit or debate any motions. The speaker can only allow motions brought by the opposition in emergency situations, (although he has stretched the meaning of emerrgency to fit his own ends). If the opposition put in emergency questions motions, and no one from the government actually attends to reply to the questions, it will put the Tories in contempt of parliament and the whole thing comes crashing down. The only way to stop it would be an election.

So could we see the government going on strike? It'll be fun watching Bercow blow a fuse if that happens. 

Edited by HighlandTiger

15 minutes ago, HighlandTiger said:

The remainer MP's have fallen right into the trap, and haven't even realised they have been played.

4D chess being played, parliament are being set up to look like the enemy of democracy. Very dangerous game being played by all sides. 

There is a reason why remainers DON'T  want a GE. It's simple maths. Election pacts could put each seat down to two candidates. One remainer, one brexiteer. If this happens, then the Brexiteers will get a majority of over 100 seats minimum. Remainer votes are concentrated in metropolitan areas, whereas brexiteer votes are spread out. 

The ONLY hope for remainers is to gamble on a new referendum, if they win it, then all will happen is that the brexit party will win a lanslide in the next GE after the referendum.

Unfortunately remainers are hoping if they win, then brexiteers will go away. They won't....!

13 minutes ago, savoyard said:

Nah! If they can stomach a serial liar like BoJo, they can stomach anything.

LOL, compared to the lying left such as Corbyn and his pals, BJ looks like a saint when it comes to telling porkies. 

John Mcdonnell was caught lying about the numbers of bad landlords in the street he actually lives in, only this week. 

Edited by HighlandTiger