• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

My bet is mays deal will get through.... third time lucky for her, then in their view everyone wins, Brexit............. but we will never leave because of the back stop.      I think we should have European elections and veto everything we can and make the EU want us out

They won't veto a delay; all will be whipped to agree what the EU bureaucrats decide.

Tusk has been at his mind games already; "We could be open to a long extension, if the UK finds it necessary to re-think its Brexit strategy"

Keep throwing bones to the remainers in the commons. Keep kicking the can and one day everyone will be so sick of it, Brexit will be revoked.

Yes the noises coming from the likes of Tusk are worrying. May also had a revealing freudian slip the other day when she said is on the side of the EU (as oppose to being our Prime Minister :lol:). I will be surprised if everyone will agree to extend, all 27? Some of them want to spite the UK, some of them want to spite the EU. It only take one to veto.

Heres hoping anyway. Its one thing for parliament to mess about voting on advisory votes and showing true colours, its another to completely disregard legislation and democracy. If we do agree to extend, the elected politicians would not be carrying out the majority will and would also be disregarding law, what an example to set. I can't imagine anything bad will happen.

Just leave on the 29th deal or no deal on WTO rules, then the 3 stooges Barnier Junkers & Tusk will s--t themselves. They will have to come to us to do a deal, they have shown their true colours they want to punish the UK for daring to leave the corrupt club.

Its a real shame that the European people, us included will all suffer because of those 3 deadbeats.

I think this mess is actually less the EU's fault and more May & co. This slide presented by Barnier a little over a year ago shows the process on their end in response to May's red lines. They actually offered a Canada or Korea style FTA but May wanted something to the left of that part of the slide while simultaneously wanting nothing to the left of that part of the slide. I think most Brexiteers would have been happy to see a Canada or Korea style withdrawal agreement as a proper Brexit and I remember that kind of future relationship being regularly brought up during the Referendum campaign. The EU may be a lot of things, but in the case of the negotiations, they offered us a way for a proper Brexit and we didn't take it. I think if May went up to Barnier even now and said "We'll take the Canada/Korea FTA plan, sir", they'd give it to us.

3 hours ago, bluemoon said:

I think this mess is actually less the EU's fault and more May & co. This slide presented by Barnier a little over a year ago shows the process on their end in response to May's red lines. They actually offered a Canada or Korea style FTA but May wanted something to the left of that part of the slide while simultaneously wanting nothing to the left of that part of the slide. I think most Brexiteers would have been happy to see a Canada or Korea style withdrawal agreement as a proper Brexit and I remember that kind of future relationship being regularly brought up during the Referendum campaign. The EU may be a lot of things, but in the case of the negotiations, they offered us a way for a proper Brexit and we didn't take it. I think if May went up to Barnier even now and said "We'll take the Canada/Korea FTA plan, sir", they'd give it to us.

That's because May never had any intention of implementing Brexit. She's just been playing for time and kicking the can down the road, while all the time spouting the mantra of we must implememt the result of the referendum. It's been a big con job.

I'm sure her **** up of the ill advised general election was deliberate as well; no one could be that stupid to ignore all her cabinet advisers and rely in a couple of children on her staff to write the manifesto.

btw apparently you're not allowed to say c0ck up, the forum big brother software changed it to ****

Edited by sovereignsteve

3 minutes ago, PansPurse said:

As a rule I seldom attribute to malice what can be readily allotted to incompetence.

People where i work go on about the poorly run company,Hours of moaning and putting down the problems to some elaborate plan on their half :)

And i'm always like it really is how you see it,their just cheap and incompetent 😂

I saw a graphic that laid out the numbers as follows;

By Vote - 17.4m Leave / 16.1m Remain

By Constituency - 406 Leave / 242 Remain

Constituency by party - LAB Leave - 148 CON Leave - 247 / LAB Remain 84 CON Remain - 80

By Region - 9 Leave 3 Remain 

By MP 160 Leave / 486 Remain 

Does anyone see the problem. Now parliament want another two years in the EU please, ignore the biggest democratic vote in British history, and ignore the legal requirement to leave on March 29. The only hope for MP's now is if one of the EU member states vetos the request for extension, then at least they can claim to have tried to stop Brexit, rather than explaining why they have ended democracy and law.

May said the other day "I work for the EU". This is known as a Freudian slip, or it could be simple human error. Given the context of her actions, and now her words as well, what do you think.

Look at her actions. Her deal is a treaty designed to subjugate the UK. Where did it come from? It was not negotiated, the Brexit secretary was negotiating our departure when May magically produced said treaty. Brexit secretary promptly resigned. May attempted to pass the treaty through parliament and set the historic record for defeats in the house of parliament. The EU were surprised that it didn't get through. She attempted a second time to push this treaty through parliament and failed. It has now taken the speaker of the house to remember his position in our failing democracy and stop this vote being put to the house for a third time. May will be back to the EU to get the next version of the subjugation treaty, one that has enough changes to warrant putting to the house once more. But she will need time now, thanks to Bercow. 

Afterall, if its not her deal, there may be no Brexit. She said that. 

Before brecow stopped her bringing the deal to the house a third time she said, if we don't agree a deal by the 21st of March, quote - "We will not leave the EU for many month, if ever".

Extention is the next step, buy more time to change this subjugation treaty just enough to put it back to parliament. I now expect all the EU nations to allow extension. Then the UK will be taking part in EU elections May 2019, nearly 3 years after voting to leave. An utter betrayal and travesty. The damage is done. May works for someone but its not us. 

On 11/02/2019 at 21:26, mr-dead said:
44 minutes ago, Xander said:

The poison dwarf reverts back to 1602. It wasn't long after we had the gunpowder plot, where's Guy Fawkes when you need him. 

One of my favourites

Right up until the ripe old age of 17 i always thought November 5th was a celebration of someone having a go. Finding out i was wrong severely altered the way i perceived society around me. Gutted. 

1x1-oz-copper-vendetta-guy-fawkes_360_be75fe6c70222647b32f38ebc733c2cc(2).jpg

16 minutes ago, Oldun said:

this Is gold !

OH dear I am so offended by his misuse of words. So politically incorrect. Should not be allowed to say such things for fear of upsetting people and being politically incorrect. I am sure Diane Abbott (AKA Gruffallo) will having sometng to say about that. Secretly Daltry is my hero. 

4 hours ago, Marc said:

OH dear I am so offended by his misuse of words. So politically incorrect. Should not be allowed to say such things for fear of upsetting people and being politically incorrect. I am sure Diane Abbott (AKA Gruffallo) will having sometng to say about that. Secretly Daltry is my hero. 

Watch out oldun probably a ban coming your way. 

It is a sad world if a Roger Daltry of The Who video on SkyTV gets me a ban....the SF would be losing something essential in its enjoyment factor....and I might leave it for good....these are his words and are on topic and bleeped out...are we really that simple minded that we cannot see the forest for the trees ? I do hope not. There is misuse of language in attempts to abuse others and there is language that enhances the message being delivered. This is a case of the latter (and is correctly bleeped out for those with more delicate constitutions).

Edited by Oldun