• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

Don't forget our Intelligence services either @motorbikez and our financial center.

Seems several European leaders are taking issue with Tusk and his attitude and comments about the UK . It didn't go down well. Italy and Germany now both in recession I believe. and France, well, lots of yellow vests so all's not well there either.

It's our money they really want to prop up the EU. I wonder if the vast majority of Europeans realise that their everyday taxes are likely to increase to cover the shortfall. Bet that will go down a treat!

As UK has paid into European institutions for many years the UK part owns them such as the european parliment building and the Berlaymont. What will happen to our ownership of these buildings. Is the UK simply giving them away??

42 minutes ago, Coolsmp said:

As UK has paid into European institutions for many years the UK part owns them such as the european parliment building and the Berlaymont. What will happen to our ownership of these buildings. Is the UK simply giving them away??

Our pathetic leaders didn't think of asking for stuff like that and just agreed to pay for these mythical promises we made in the non-existent EU budget.

We should be selling our share of the EU buildings that UK tax payers money helped to build, I think 39 billion is a fair price. Alternatively I would be happy if we charge people like Junker extortionate crippling rents for the use of his office. 

If they refuse to pay then we finally have a good reason for spending 20 billion a year on nuclear weapons. Its win-win. :D

13 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

Our pathetic leaders didn't think of asking for stuff like that and just agreed to pay for these mythical promises we made in the non-existent EU budget.

Not quite true, this was about the only area they seem to have done right.  Remember all the talk of a near £100Bn exit bill, with far fetched expectations of payment for projects, now fallen to £39Bn?  That lower figure is taking account of assets and existing loans. 

39 minutes ago, Martlet said:

Not quite true, this was about the only area they seem to have done right.  Remember all the talk of a near £100Bn exit bill, with far fetched expectations of payment for projects, now fallen to £39Bn?  That lower figure is taking account of assets and existing loans. 

100bn seemed a nice round figure calculated within days. I always assumed it was a scare tactic pulled out of various anuses.

3 hours ago, savoyard said:

So, I've paid tax to the HMRC for 25 years. Does it mean I get a share of the HMRC building in Parliament Street if I leave the country?

Well not as a private individual. When Lloyds bank was part privatised the UK taxpayer part owned it through the government.

21 hours ago, KDave said:

We should be selling our share of the EU buildings that UK tax payers money helped to build, I think 39 billion is a fair price. Alternatively I would be happy if we charge people like Junker extortionate crippling rents for the use of his office. 

Don't forget, the EU has NEVER had its accounts audited and its budgets signed off for the last 16 years.

In the private sector you would never in a million years agree to pay over £39 Billion to a company that had no audited accounts! Who's to say they have not been fudging the account's for years, and the truth is they actually owe us 50 Billion?

Edited by Kritika

3 hours ago, mr-dead said:

Large Gold Bullion Shipment Moves From London to Dublin Gold Vaults As Brexit Concerns Deepen

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-02-11/large-gold-bullion-shipment-moves-london-dublin-gold-vaults-brexit-concerns-deepen

£2m of gold @mr-dead your holdings would be a big % of that 

2 minutes ago, Cornishfarmer said:

£2m of gold @mr-dead your holdings would be a big % of that 

About 25% currently.  Bonkers really as I had no intentions initially of stacking that much but it's easy to get carried away.  Can't beat waiting for a delivery when there's a 1kg gold bar in the parcel ;)

I am looking forward to a simple no deal, thereby peeing off the NI lot who think they can play silly buggers with the voting process in parliament (May was a total twat for calling an election last year and causing this issue) and  then leave the (to all intents and purposes) coalition with ultimately irrelevant NI politicians, with the Conservatives thereby forced to call an election (hopefully May departs anyway causing an election). May departs, and  noone in their right mind votes for Corbyn and we get a third party candidate that tells the truth that we will have a terrible time in the next decade because it is baked in by the global financial crisis pummeling down the lane at us and watch from the relatively speaking sidelines as the EU disintegrates thinking great we dodged a bullet (the EU as an extra weight dragging us down would have been sheer madness and including the fact that we dont want their intractable dictates and laws dictated to us by unelected officials) and off we go into our own (bad enough without the rest of it) reset under our own laws, for better or worse.

How hard is that to understand  and why are all politicians at all levels such cowards that they cant speak the truth ?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iMewtlmkV6c

Edited by Oldun

Politicians are arguably just a reflection of the voters. Maybe not the case with ours as most appear to be remainers of some degree. But if politicians are lying, it's because people don't want to hear truth (or they vote out people who give them the bad news). If politicians are cowards, it because the majority of voters are cowards. Comes back to who has the right to vote, if you had to earn a vote you would get a different caliber reflected in the politicians elected, different values, strengths, ect. 

An example of the principle - why the left want 16 year olds to vote. The young hold majority left values and views, because they have been looked after for their entire lives up to that point. For the most part. Not all of course, but the majority. 

Also why remainers want the young to have a say. No coincidences. The left understand this concept very well. 

The irony is that Blair opened the gates to immigrants in the full knowledge, later revealed, that new immigrants always, and totally understandably,  vote left for free stuff (thereby ensuring Blair for his subsequent terms the selfish prick, whilst sending our lads to their deaths under bs premises...at least have the dignity to say we don't give a bad and want the oil).....and vote left for hospital care, housing etc etc to be able to establish themselves... fair do, never look a gift horse in the mouth.......The irony is that that their kids and ensuing grandkids etc actually vote right and anti immigrant as they also then have something to “lose" in the way of housing, jobs, higher taxes, inheritance etc etc as a result of the later incoming immigrants...funny huh ?

Human beings are so predictable.

Edited by Oldun