• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mail stock?

20 minutes ago, GrahamDiamond said:

EBAY Is now making sellers add a Tracking Number on their Sales as Standard, so the days of one coin being Posted in a Standard Envelope and a 2nd Class Stamp Applied look to be over. Royal Mail should make more profit through this Ebay Decision, there must be Hundreds of Small Parcels sent daily without Tracking through Ebay. What are your thoughts Coinsters !! Ebay users/sellers ? I think this comes into force from early March and straight away for new sellers.

Got me a bit worried, but i found this on the ebay community

It states that tracking is NOT compulsory,  but if you do use it,  and ONLY if you use it,  then enter the tracking number the same time as you mark the item dispatched.  If it shows delivery,  and at a later date the buyer tries to open a case for item not received,  they won't be able to.  In effect,  it stops the number of  INR cases being opened.

It's not compulsory to enter the number straight away  either,  it just speeds up the process of that INR if opened later.

We want to let you know that we’ve updated the eBay.co.uk User Agreement. 

These changes are effective immediately for new members and from the 4 March 2019 for current members. 

As with previous updates, we’ve made changes to keep the User Agreement up to date with the products and services we provide. 

We want to make selling and buying on eBay a fair process, so we’re updating our tracking policy. As of 4 March 2019, you are required to upload tracking in the structured data field before the estimated delivery date has passed. This is so that eBay can protect you if a buyer claims they haven’t received the item. Sending the tracking number to the buyer via email won’t protect you from a claim. We always recommend you upload tracking information as soon as you have shipped the item. See the eBay Money Back Guarantee for details. 

You don’t need to take any further action to accept the new User Agreement. If you choose not to accept the new terms, visit this help page for further information. 

1 minute ago, GrahamDiamond said:

We want to let you know that we’ve updated the eBay.co.uk User Agreement. 

These changes are effective immediately for new members and from the 4 March 2019 for current members. 

As with previous updates, we’ve made changes to keep the User Agreement up to date with the products and services we provide. 

We want to make selling and buying on eBay a fair process, so we’re updating our tracking policy. As of 4 March 2019, you are required to upload tracking in the structured data field before the estimated delivery date has passed. This is so that eBay can protect you if a buyer claims they haven’t received the item. Sending the tracking number to the buyer via email won’t protect you from a claim. We always recommend you upload tracking information as soon as you have shipped the item. See the eBay Money Back Guarantee for details. 

You don’t need to take any further action to accept the new User Agreement. If you choose not to accept the new terms, visit this help page for further information. 

Click on upload tracking - basically says "when an item is being sent with a tracked service",you need to show the tracking number when you mark the item as dispatched!

On 02/02/2019 at 13:50, h103efa said:

Got me a bit worried, but i found this on the ebay community

It states that tracking is NOT compulsory,  but if you do use it,  and ONLY if you use it,  then enter the tracking number the same time as you mark the item dispatched.  If it shows delivery,  and at a later date the buyer tries to open a case for item not received,  they won't be able to.  In effect,  it stops the number of  INR cases being opened.

It's not compulsory to enter the number straight away  either,  it just speeds up the process of that INR if opened later.

I always send my eBay sales by Recorded Delivery and have done for some time as it is the best way of avoiding buyers attempting the 'item not received' scam.

On 2 February 2019 at 12:39, caloundracats said:

You forget @Uksilverstackers  hat you can arrange for your parcels to be re-delivered. Not everyone wants to collect their parcels. What about those who don't have a car? Yes, there are people out there who don't. Most public transport won't go near a Post Office depot.

What about the elderly or disabled/infirm who can't get to a depot or post office to collect. It's easy to think only of ourselves and our situations but RM need to consider everyone. Seems they are doing so if they are about to implement welfare checks.

Your postman may also be delivering mail to you alongside a card telling you of your missed delivery. That cost has been factored into the purchase cost of the parcel.

I'm very fortunate as my postman is fabulous, problems only arise if he's on holiday!  I'd give him a pay rise if it was within my remit.

I probably should have rephrased my comment. What I should have made clearer was it should be an additional optional service. ie if I know I'm not going to be home then can I collect and save the PO having to try and deliver it first.

I didnt forget the Redelivery option, I just dont have the option to get it redelivered anywhere else.

The PO already have the storage space to keep packages when its not delivered so I just think a collection service would benefit both the Post Office and the customer if there was an option to choose, ie home delivery or click and collect.

You are fortunate with your postperson :) 

4 minutes ago, Uksilverstackers said:

I probably should have rephrased my comment. What I should have made clearer was it should be an additional optional service. ie if I know I'm not going to be home then can I collect and save the PO having to try and deliver it first.

I didnt forget the Redelivery option, I just dont have the option to get it redelivered anywhere else.

The PO already have the storage space to keep packages when its not delivered so I just think a collection service would benefit both the Post Office and the customer if there was an option to choose, ie home delivery or click and collect.

You are fortunate with your postperson :) 

Don’t forget the Post Office don’t deliver anything.  Post Office and Royal Mail are two separate entities.

There is already a Post Office collection service but it relies on the individual vendors offering it - https://www.postoffice.co.uk/mail/collection-services

eBay offers a click and collect service to most Argos stores on many listings.  And Amazon can deliver to collection lockers in most parts of the country.

Archived