• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Order has been stolen

ChrisF

Please note the original post has been removed at the request on the company I ordered from and my following posts have been sanitized  to remove references to them.  Please also note that this is not a cover up job, I have had it put to me that this post has caused angst amongst other buyers who have contacted the company I have purchased from and I can completely see their point of view.  This situation that happened was completely out of that company's control.  Whilst I cant control what others have typed I find this a completely reasonable request from the business involved.  For the record, I have had very good customer service from start to finish from said company and cant fault them.   

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first problem is it was signed for. GS will say if the box was empty why did you accept it?

The second problem i expect is the opening of the package was not videoed.

You do not mention if there was any evidence of the package being tampered with.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

7 minutes ago, HelpingHands said:

Maybe someone can reply on whether packages from GS are weighed and recorded multiple times through their journey.

This should be the case. I thunk if you put in your tracking number on bpost site it tells you the weight. Id say once yodel get it they do the same ?

Was the package in tact ? All white tap correct ?

This could be the final nail in the GS coffin if its not resolved ! Im a loyal customer but this is scarey to hear.

Tape was opened then resealed,  I didnt video opening it but that would not help any defence anyway as I could have taken contents then resealed.   The box had been cut open then resealed with packing tape.

@ChrisF

Please keep us posted. 

What was in it , if you dont mind ?

Ive got my fingers and toes crossed for you mate 🤞.

Added 0 minutes later...
Just now, ChrisF said:

So bpost say the weight was 7481g so it got opened after this or Yodel are to blame.  

No details from Yodel side.

Hopefully thatll help some.

6 minutes ago, Bullionbilly said:

@ChrisF

Please keep us posted. 

What was in it , if you dont mind ?

Ive got my fingers and toes crossed for you mate 🤞.

Added 0 minutes later...

Hopefully thatll help some.

Will do, I was really hoping someone could tell me if this had happened to them and what happened.  

11 minutes ago, Bullionbilly said:

Id push for proof yodel recieved it at 7418g . Id say for sure itll have been weighed on reciept by them. 

Will do, Ive phoned Yodel to log the incident.  

Just now, ChrisF said:

Will do, Ive phoned Yodel to log the incident.  

Most likely someone at yodel,opens the packages to take a peek.Then nicks the good stuff,they should have a log of the weight at each place your package visited.Then hopefully a log of when the weight drops of to nothing etc.

Or it was weighed at each depot at 7418g,in which case its the driver Shouldn't be to hard for them.

26 minutes ago, Bullionbilly said:

Id push for proof yodel recieved it at 7418g . Id say for sure itll have been weighed on reciept by them. 

you would have thought it would red flag,when a package goes from one place to another and weighs a different amount.

1 minute ago, blackadder said:

Most likely someone at yodel,opens the packages to take a peek.Then nicks the good stuff,they should have a log of the weight at each place your package visited.Then hopefully a log of when the weight drops of to nothing etc.

Or it was weighed at each depot at 7418g,in which case its the driver Shouldn't be to hard for them.

you would have thought it would red flag,when a package goes from one place to another and weighs a different amount.

Yeah that was my thought.  Although if its the drive I'm kind of screwed coz they could say I opened it and took the stuff out then claimed it was stolen.  Im hoping it got taken then weighed.  

I don't think ordinary mail with Yodel even gets weighed.  The weight will have been logged at time of shipping with BPost.  Beyond that I very much doubt it.  Special delivery in the UK with Royal mail is a different story but that is specifically for valuables and urgent mail.  The last time I ordered from gs.be the fine print for Yodel did not actually allow bullion to be shipped.  I haven't used them for a while so not sure if that's changed but I doubt it.  Writing medical supplies on the parcel is not cool in my opinion which is one of a few reasons I stopped using GS.  Really hope you get this resolved with them.

New profile pic to support the current thing, because it's current year.

Hi Chris,

Sadden to hear that your order was stolen in transit and makes me feel both angry towards the thief(s) and sorry for you pal have to go through this. So many good people on this forum trying to preserve their purchasing power for future use or to pass onto the next generation through PMs and to be unfairly penalised in this manner is so unfair.

I have recently placed an order with GoldSilver.be and I always make sure that I am working from home the week the delivery due and because GS.be use Yodel (unreliable and mentioned numerous times on the forums). After wise words from @BackyardBullion I will be taking the precaution filming the unboxing but GS.be do send out the following email to protect themselves. White tape tampered anyway nobody should accept the delivery.

image.thumb.png.8f917a80b1c91771f0abbdfb769fcf0a.png

Added 0 minutes later...

Archived