• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Starting out

Ritchie

Hi all,

I am very interested in investing in gold and perhaps silver. I have a collection of silver and gold pocket watches, however it is hard to keep track of the precious metal content oppose to buying coins.

I am very interested to see what you all would recommend I invest in,  I have been doing research into the various designs and mints available. I understand it is a long term investment so I am interested to see what you guys think or if you can guide me in the right direction?

I am looking to invest 5,000GBP

Thank you all in advance!

Welcome to the forum I know that @Gordon buy Sovereign from Bullion by post but they not the cheapest

Atkinsons

image.thumb.png.6b2e011b07b03633ab87671b1fe08aa2.png

image.thumb.png.abfab8aa9128301da0dcd4560f9713f9.png

I am purchasing my Gold from Baird & CO initially some work to setup your account but cheapest prices that I can find in the UK.

image.thumb.png.b3a284ef74ba43466f0d830db48d58aa.png

I would start out by looking at the various YouTube videos done by BackYard Bullio trying to figure out what you like, sliver/gold or both and what type of coins interests you. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM_iarnIuvnwq8eMMGvWzOA

Hi and welcome :)

You'll find pretty much everyone on the Forum is friendly, helpful and generous with their advice.

I've only been stacking gold and silver since the start of this year and there are people therefore here who are much better qualified and more experienced than me, but if I may proffer just one small piece of advice - don't rush into buying anything right at the outset. Take your time, listen to what others here on the SF have to say, and have a good look around at the numerous bullion dealers (both here in the UK and abroad), peruse eBay (though do be careful of the fake stuff that sometimes crops up there), and generally do as much research into precious metals as your time permits.

Actually, there is a second piece of advice that you might find handy - when you are ready, join in one of the Group Orders that a chap by the name of Backyard Bullion kindly organises for all of us here. There's another one coming up in the next week or so, though that might be a little too soon?

May I humbly suggest you start with a single Sovereign and a Single Silver Britannia?

It will give you an idea of the product plus it’s definitely worth while investing over a period of time not in one big lump. 

Good luck and enjoy

best

dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

Welcome! My advice would be to look through what is available on the market, pick something you like and dive in. Some good suggestions have been made above. I am mostly in to Canadian silver myself but even I have felt the need to pick up the odd Sovereign that crosses my path. Buy what you like and enjoy it!

Archived