• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Coin Database

Jvw

Hello, i am new at the coin collecting and silver stacking. I am slowly buying some coins and would like to organise them in a database. I could use Excell, but before i start off with that i would like to hear thoughts and advise from you lot. I rather start off with a good system than a simple crappy spreadsheet :)

So; Any advice on good coin database systems /programs?

Cheers!

A simple crappy spreadsheet is little different to simple crappy database for storing simple data.  Its all one needs for tracking coins really, unless trying to capture lots of additional data points around the actual coin.  Struggling to think what would be useful that cant be captured in spreadsheet form.  Perhaps you seek a fancy UI with dropdowns for input and reports, I dont know if such apps exist for the specific market. 

I just use my MacBook's numbers application which is very basic but does the job brilliantly for me, you just need to type the information and do the maths  yourself.

I include the following  informations:

coin, purchase price , date of purchase,  dealer / seller , spot price ,  % premium, premium price , total paid for all coins , total weight , total premium paid.

well done for thinking about a list like this early on, I didn't do it from the beginning and now that I've done it, I have a much more clear idea of what I've ben doing so far and what I should be doing in the future to achieve my goal.

Also use a spreadsheet and have separate sheets for gold/silver and seperate sheets for coins/bars. Have a summary sheet which also acts as spot price input section and shows total outlay/profit.  Numbers not Excel but has similar features. And because it’s saved in my cloud is available on Mac, iPad and iPhone at all times.  Color coded and with my wish list at hand ready to transfer when purchases made. 

💷 💷 Check out my Wanted adds and message me direct if you can help 💷 💷 

1 hour ago, JunkBond said:

Yep, I have separate gold and silver sheets.

I think my spreadsheet was the BYB one and I tweaked it a bit.

Same here. 

I even managed to insert the live gold and silver prices in so the value of my stack was updated in real time. I was very proud of myself for that :D

Archived