• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2nd Trade Dollar St. Helena

vanderPoot

The 2nd trade dollar is available, the US trade dollar. Next are French, Spain and Japan I believe, a total of 6 in this mini serie of 10.000 mintage, very nice serie.

Can anyone confirm the 6 countries and which ones?

Also, a mistake they aren't making a Dutch trade dollar, since the dollar comes from daalder, denying its roots hurts.

1-oz-silver-us-trade-dollar-st-helena-2018-2nd-of-the-series-.jpg

1-oz-silver-us-trade-dollar-st-helena-2018-2nd-of-the-series- (1).jpg

28 minutes ago, vanderPoot said:

Can anyone confirm the 6 countries and which ones?

Also, a mistake they aren't making a Dutch trade dollar, since the dollar comes from daalder, denying its roots hurts.

1-oz-silver-us-trade-dollar-st-helena-2018-2nd-of-the-series-.jpg

The series consists of 5 coins featuring Trade Dollars from the British Empire, the United Stee of America, the French Empire, the Japanes Empire and the Chinese Empire.

In terms of aesthetics little can beat the Lion Dollar and I prefer the KNM to one with an oriental border and Her Majesty on it. 

I got the proof version, the design has a high contrast and relief and  this coin is a real beauty.

I received  the QB Proof Falcon at the same time, and though  I love my QB proofs, these trade dollar are second to none. Will be also on the boat for this BU version.

Next coin (proof one ) to come will be on the 15th of november according to the East Inda Company, probably the French Piastre

I am eagerly waiting for the Japanese and Chinese coins next year , and I think that these 5 coins all together could be a winner and I hope that the proof version (with a mintage 2500) is a winning sleeper

47 minutes ago, augur said:

I think Backyardbullion is going to open a group order this weekend. Otherwise can do

I think we will have to wait and see if goldsilver.be will be used 😂

23 hours ago, AgD said:

I think we will have to wait and see if goldsilver.be will be used 😂

I believe he has already outlined the rules for the next order and has said that he is planning on using both GS and EuropeanMint. Idk why he's trying to drown himself in spreadsheets, but hey, I ain't complaining.

• 1 month later...

Great looking coin, and seems like a decent series to collect. Does anyone know the release schedule for this? 

I can only see this on dealer sites: 

The Trade Dollar Collection consists of five beautifully designed coins, each inspired by the original trade dollar designs of the Britain, America, France, Japan and China. Planned for release at regular intervals over the next two years, each coin is minted to exceptionally low issue limits and are expected to be one of the most highly prized collections of the modern coinage era. 

i've got 3 of the first coin, not got any of the second yet. Im surprised there hasn't been much buzz around these. great looking coins low mintages. i think interest will sky rocket when the Japanese and Chinese trade dollars are released. These both both had dragons on. People seem to go nucking futs for coins with dragons on :) 

6 hours ago, QStack said:

i've got 3 of the first coin, not got any of the second yet. Im surprised there hasn't been much buzz around these. great looking coins low mintages. i think interest will sky rocket when the Japanese and Chinese trade dollars are released. These both both had dragons on. People seem to go nucking futs for coins with dragons on :) 

Any ideas when these will be on sale?

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, vanderPoot said:

Yeah I know, it's a bummer

But when the dragon dollar comes out, this series will be hit

I agree and actually the real  coins are very beautiful, better than the stock photos.

12 hours ago, spanit said:

I agree and actually the real  coins are very beautiful, better than the stock photos.

Then maybe you should put a photo on so we can see how beautiful it really is!📷

20 minutes ago, Coolsmp said:

Then maybe you should put a photo on so we can see how beautiful it really is!📷

Ok then I will put my pics up these are real and not stock 🤣 the 1st and 2nd in silver and the 1st in copper 👍

20180411_154021.jpg

20181128_124200.jpg

Archived