• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Newbie stacker

LogicalStacker

Hello all,

Can't say enough about how resourceful this forum and it's sister youtube channels have been so far.

In a 45 months, I have gone from nothing to 500 Oz of mix and match - gold Britannias, Silver Britannias, Silver bars, Canadian Maples, American Eagles, Philharmonics, Maple Superman, Silver 30g Pandas, Queen's Beasts (2Oz and 10 Oz) - paid ridiculous premium for Lions and I am so ashamed to even share here 😄

Going forward I would like to learn from you and share about my pit falls with fellow newbies.

I am from London, anymore active Londoners here?

Also, what's the best place to buy Silver and Gold in Europe? I figured out goldsilver.be have great prices for most of the products if not all.

Best,

LS

Im in London myself although I cant claim to be a native! Sounds like you have quite a sizeable stack already!

gs.be are certainly one of the cheapest, but other good sellers include europeanmint, coininvest and eldoradocoins. I have used them all and have been pleased.

Glad to have you aboard!

Thanks SN, I am not a native either 🙂

Are there any numismatic clubs that you think are worth joining?

The size of the stack - well I started off with 1 Kg Silver bar at Atkinsons for which I paid £70 in VAT and after reading through the forum I realised that could save VAT by buying silver from from EU and then I became greedy and then I explored the semi-numismatic world and got busy stacking 🙂 I am aware of europeanmint and coininvest (it's sister site silver-to-go does it without VAT) but not eldoradocoins - thanks for the recommendation.

LS

38 minutes ago, LogicalStacker said:

Hello all,

Can't say enough about how resourceful this forum and it's sister youtube channels have been so far.

In a 45 months, I have gone from nothing to 500 Oz of mix and match - gold Britannias, Silver Britannias, Silver bars, Canadian Maples, American Eagles, Philharmonics, Maple Superman, Silver 30g Pandas, Queen's Beasts (2Oz and 10 Oz) - paid ridiculous premium for Lions and I am so ashamed to even share here 😄

Going forward I would like to learn from you and share about my pit falls with fellow newbies.

I am from London, anymore active Londoners here?

Also, what's the best place to buy Silver and Gold in Europe? I figured out goldsilver.be have great prices for most of the products if not all.

Best,

LS

welcome from Ireland, i see your lion has an S on the end..... how many and do you want to share????????????????/

9 minutes ago, silverdocket said:

welcome from Ireland, i see your lion has an S on the end..... how many and do you want to share????????????????/

ha ha..well noticed. I have 5 2 Oz Lions that will be delivered tomorrow and 3 10 Oz lions that will be delivered in the first week of November as I ordered it along with the 10 Oz Unicorn which is yet to be released.

Have you been hunting for a Lion? There a couple of sites in EU that still sell it but at a high premium. I paid it as I wanted a complete set. Griffins are also flying off the shelves and I see that price has now matched Lions.

Here are some:

2 Oz

https://www.coininvest.com/en/silver-coins/queens-beasts/2-oz-queen-s-beasts-silver-2016/ - That's a great price. I have read a member's post here who sold it for £50.

https://www.coininvest.com/en/silver-coins/queens-beasts/2-oz-queen-s-beasts-silver-2016/ - Not worth at that price unless you have no choice but to stick to CI

10 Oz

https://auragentum.de/10-unzen-silbermuenze-queens-beasts-lion-2017 - The least priced I could find but that's almost at 140% premium - still a good buy as the 10 Oz are more rarer than 2 Oz

https://www.bleyerbullion.co.uk/10oz-silver-queens-beasts-lion-2017 - This is now 160% premium and Bleyer are also doing a 3 10 Oz set - Lion + Griffin + Dragon for a discounted rate.

Good Luck

LS

4 minutes ago, LogicalStacker said:

ha ha..well noticed. I have 5 2 Oz Lions that will be delivered tomorrow and 3 10 Oz lions that will be delivered in the first week of November as I ordered it along with the 10 Oz Unicorn which is yet to be released.

Have you been hunting for a Lion? There a couple of sites in EU that still sell it but at a high premium. I paid it as I wanted a complete set. Griffins are also flying off the shelves and I see that price has now matched Lions.

just want the one 10 oz but i'm not paying a mad amount for it. i don't mind someone making a few bob but not £150 extra....... i'll go without 

4 minutes ago, LogicalStacker said:

Here are some:

2 Oz

https://www.coininvest.com/en/silver-coins/queens-beasts/2-oz-queen-s-beasts-silver-2016/ - That's a great price. I have read a member's post here who sold it for £50.

https://www.coininvest.com/en/silver-coins/queens-beasts/2-oz-queen-s-beasts-silver-2016/ - Not worth at that price unless you have no choice but to stick to CI

10 Oz

https://auragentum.de/10-unzen-silbermuenze-queens-beasts-lion-2017 - The least priced I could find but that's almost at 140% premium - still a good buy as the 10 Oz are more rarer than 2 Oz

https://www.bleyerbullion.co.uk/10oz-silver-queens-beasts-lion-2017 - This is now 160% premium and Bleyer are also doing a 3 10 Oz set - Lion + Griffin + Dragon for a discounted rate.

Good Luck

LS

god thats mad.....thanks for the links

8 minutes ago, LogicalStacker said:

Here are some:

2 Oz

10 Oz

Good Luck

LS

Im yet to use auragentum. Shipping is reasonable. Any hidden costs there? Like to they accept £ or do you have to pay in euros?

1 minute ago, silverdocket said:

god thats mad.....thanks for the links

From what I see, it's not uncommon for good 10 Oz designs to achieve semi numismatic in no time. I know that 10 Oz Kookaburras go for a little over £200, so assuming Qeen's beasts are once in a life time - they are probably worth it. 

The good QBs so far are the LIon, Griffin, Dragon and the Bull. I think Falcon looks inferior and unicorn is okay. 

Just now, StackerNoob said:

Im yet to use auragentum. Shipping is reasonable. Any hidden costs there? Like to they accept £ or do you have to pay in euros?

I haven't used them! They have 4 10 Oz Lions left but then their payment gateway is tricky and only accepts Euros. They also charge for shipping based on weight, so no discount for a bulk order.

On the flip side, I used gs.be - first time today - and they accept £s and reward bulk orders.

Both the sites charge 4% premium for PayPal which I find ridiculous but I wouldn't do a bank transfer to save that - not at least for the bulk orders!

2 minutes ago, LogicalStacker said:

From what I see, it's not uncommon for good 10 Oz designs to achieve semi numismatic in no time. I know that 10 Oz Kookaburras go for a little over £200, so assuming Qeen's beasts are once in a life time - they are probably worth it. 

The good QBs so far are the LIon, Griffin, Dragon and the Bull. I think Falcon looks inferior and unicorn is okay. 

should have 10 oz unicorn in the next few days....

1 minute ago, silverdocket said:

should have 10 oz unicorn in the next few days....

My Lions, Griffins, Dragons, Pandas, Kangaroos are all waiting for the Unicorn! gs.be wouldn't ship anything till all the items are available to ship! 😄

Added 0 minutes later...
2 minutes ago, KitboyE17 said:

Welcome. Also a Londoner (and native!) 

Thank you! Where do you normally get your bullion from? Any numismatic clubs that you go to?

Just now, LogicalStacker said:

My Lions, Griffins, Dragons, Pandas, Kangaroos are all waiting for the Unicorn! gs.be wouldn't ship anything till all the items are available to ship! 😄

i might do a short video when i get it..... europeanmint  will send me a 1 oz coin for it.... free is good in my book

3 minutes ago, LogicalStacker said:

Added 0 minutes later...

Thank you! Where do you normally get your bullion from? Any numismatic clubs that you go to?

I shop online at Atkinsons, BullionByPist and the Royal Mint mainly. I tend to buy bricks more than coins tho. Ssshh don’t tell the others 😉 

💷 💷 Check out my Wanted adds and message me direct if you can help 💷 💷 

Just now, silverdocket said:

i might do a short video when i get it..... europeanmint  will send me a 1 oz coin for it.... free is good in my book

Super! So would I! Not that I am going to get a free coin from gs.be but act as a proof, just in case they send an incomplete pack or an inferior product!

Just now, KitboyE17 said:

I shop online at Atkinsons, BullionByPist and the Royal Mint mainly. I tend to buy bricks more than coins tho. Ssshh don’t tell the others 😉 

ha ha!! I have a Silver brick - my first order from Atkinsons. But all the sellers you listed here charge VAT for silver, so are we talking about Gold bricks? 😄

11 minutes ago, LogicalStacker said:

ha ha!! I have a Silver brick - my first order from Atkinsons. But all the sellers you listed here charge VAT for silver, so are we talking about Gold bricks? 😄

I don’t have much confidence buying from

overseas which is why I pay the VAT. But yes, have a mix of gold and silver bricks. 

💷 💷 Check out my Wanted adds and message me direct if you can help 💷 💷 

If you pay the nominal fee you can join the Premium members section and check regularly for forum members selling on this site.
When prices for gold and / or silver coins & bars are good you have to be quick though as some stuff will sell instantly but there are regular good deals to be had.

I always compare prices for silver at Atkinsons, GS.be, Aurinum, STG, CoinInvest and German Comparison websites.
With shipping from Europe running at around €20 you need to be ordering sufficient to amortise shipping.
Having said that I hate those eBay sellers charging almost £4 for sending a single coin when their cost is half as much.

For gold check Atkinsons and HGM for the best deals.

Archived