• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Goldsilver.be refuse to send my order?

Kleiner

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Lowlow said:

I guess I'm the odd person out ... but I kind of see the vendor's point.  I mean, they have a policy, you broke it, they informed you that they wanted compensation for the cancellation .. and, why did you order from them the second time knowing all of that ?

I'm not saying they were justified in holding your money for ransom, that is a little over the top, but ...

I see this kind of BS all the time, people seem to have no comprehension of the business owner's side of things.  Everything from people leaving shopping carts out in the middle of parking spaces in the parking lot, to leaving perishable cold storage food sitting out in food aisles spoiling because they decided they didn't want it afterall and didn't feel like taking it back to refrigeration where they got it from, people making appointments to have hours worth of work done on their car at the mechanic's shop and then not even calling to cancel the appointment and leaving the mechanic to sit there wondering how he's going to make money all morning, etc.

Consumers, a lot of them, think they are all that matter.

BTW, I'm not really meaning to bust on the OP, it just sparked thoughts about something that irritates me in general about people in general .. in this specific case I kind of thing the OP has a point, holding their money for ransom is kind of sketchy.

No you're not, i understand your point.

Don't get me wrong, the way that GS.be communicates to her clients is terrible and i also had some frustrations in the past, but i have to say it always ended up perfectly. And in this case tja... so many peoples buy first and think after. This seems to be the case in this topic too. You also don't go to a garage, buy a car and return 30 minutes later to ask if you can cancell your contract or purchase... Besides this, during the process to confirm your order on GS.be it mentions several times that confirming your order is binding and you can't cancell it anymore. If you then click accept and confirm the order... I hope it will end up good for the topic starter and he will find some arrangement (David is for sure not the easiest person to deal with!), but i also see a bit of mistakes from both sides. 

I'm also really curious what the amount is that they charge for cancelling an order... I think this must have been communicated at the time of cancellation? Or not? 

1 hour ago, PolarPanda said:

No you're not, i understand your point.

Don't get me wrong, the way that GS.be communicates to her clients is terrible and i also had some frustrations in the past, but i have to say it always ended up perfectly. And in this case tja... so many peoples buy first and think after. This seems to be the case in this topic too. You also don't go to a garage, buy a car and return 30 minutes later to ask if you can cancell your contract or purchase... Besides this during the process to confirm your order on GS.be it mentions several times that confirming your order is binding and you can't cancel it anymore. If you then click accept and confirm the order tja... I hope it will end up good for the topic starter and he will find some arrangement (David is for sure not the easiest person to deal with!), but i also see a bit of mistakes from both sides. 

I have to admit I don't have a lot of sympathy in general if the terms are spelled out.

The business owner, and I don't know this business or the owner, .. they go to the trouble to build a website, establish ways of processing credit cards, work with banks for accounts, work with localities and their countries government to arrange to pay taxes, they invest in inventory, have to store that inventory, have to set up phone lines for customer support, establish email addresses to deal with customers, have to make themselves available during their established hours to deal with customers, pay lawyers to help them set up their terms of service, privacy policies, they have to get set up to ship products, do packaging, advertise ... and all the customer has to do is show up with their money and expect &^%$ing miracles to happen.  Then they wonder why businesses get mad when they don't even fork over the money and STILL expect miracles to happen.  Shop owners aren't a public service, they aren't therapists, they aren't community workers, and they don't actually care about you ... the only reason they do all of the things they do for you and put up with your BS all the time is because you pay them (generic "you" not anybody in this thread)

6 hours ago, PolarPanda said:

What's your point now? That you can quote 7 words out of my message containing more then 30 words? If yes, then congratulations... Come on man... 

Not trying to pick a fight here guys, i love the UK and i have a lot of friends there, but come on, in 9 from the 10 topics it goes about Brexit and how much better the UK would have it without Europe. If that's how you think about it, it's fine, that's also the way the UK voted, but then get it over with and have at least some respect for member states... It's not a political forum, but it's a forum about a nice hobby we all share. :) 

I think you find the vast majority of people want their identity back  including people of Ireland,  unfortunately people are so brainwashed  and the fear factor is drilled into them.

I'm not European I'm Irish  always will be.

I support the UK 100%  on their decision just wish our unelected  leader would do the same  instead of getting balls deep in his boyfriend....

Europe/ European  as you call it is on the verge of collapse  it's just State controlled media will not comment/report  on it.

4 hours ago, Lowlow said:

I have to admit I don't have a lot of sympathy in general if the terms are spelled out.

The business owner, and I don't know this business or the owner, .. they go to the trouble to build a website, establish ways of processing credit cards, work with banks for accounts, work with localities and their countries government to arrange to pay taxes, they invest in inventory, have to store that inventory, have to set up phone lines for customer support, establish email addresses to deal with customers, have to make themselves available during their established hours to deal with customers, pay lawyers to help them set up their terms of service, privacy policies, they have to get set up to ship products, do packaging, advertise ... and all the customer has to do is show up with their money and expect &^%$ing miracles to happen.  Then they wonder why businesses get mad when they don't even fork over the money and STILL expect miracles to happen.  Shop owners aren't a public service, they aren't therapists, they aren't community workers, and they don't actually care about you ... the only reason they do all of the things they do for you and put up with your BS all the time is because you pay them (generic "you" not anybody in this thread)

I can understand the owners side, but as a buisness you still need to inform the client of incurred costs then. I may misunderstand, but I have the impression they didn't tell him how much. Sent a bill or have even said they would take the incurred cost from the current order. Just holding his order ransom. That is not a way to do buisness, even when frustrated. Wouldn't you agree?

5 minutes ago, airmac said:

I can understand the owners side, but as a buisness you still need to inform the client of incurred costs then. I may misunderstand, but I have the impression they didn't tell him how much. Sent a bill or have even said they would take the incurred cost from the current order. Just holding his order ransom. That is not a way to do buisness, even when frustrated. Wouldn't you agree?

I was talking in general, not about this specific situation, which I tried to make clear by saying "generic "you" not anybody in this thread" in my post.

7 minutes ago, airmac said:

As for whether it's good business practice or not, I think we've all seen worse.  I'm not defending it, and in my original post on this thread I even used the word ransom and said I didn't think it was a good idea, but there are some hard nosed business people out there who will toss you out of their business in a heartbeat if they think you're disrespecting them and their business, refuse to take back merchandise, refuse to service some customers, I mean stuff happens.  It's just like you, me, the original poster, or anybody else ... if we think somebody is causing trouble, we can cause trouble back, there's no law saying a business owner has to put up with people's nonsense, or even be nice if they don't want to be.

4 minutes ago, Lowlow said:

I was talking in general, not about this specific situation, which I tried to make clear by saying "generic "you" not anybody in this thread" in my post.

I understand, and like I said can understand the owners point of view. I was referring to this one as I'm trying not to generalize the bad on every buisness owner. Just having an exchange of opinion as it's always possible for me to be wrong. 🙂

4 minutes ago, Lowlow said:

As for whether it's good business practice or not, I think we've all seen worse.  I'm not defending it, and in my original post on this thread I even used the word ransom and said I didn't think it was a good idea, but there are some hard nosed business people out there who will toss you out of their business in a heartbeat if they think you're disrespecting them and their business, refuse to take back merchandise, refuse to service some customers, I mean stuff happens.  It's just like you, me, the original poster, or anybody else ... if we think somebody is causing trouble, we can cause trouble back, there's no law saying a business owner has to put up with people's nonsense, or even be nice if they don't want to be.

You and me both know that's not necessarily the car in the states because of laws for discrimination. Just need to say your being discriminated and unfortunately that is abused at times

2 minutes ago, airmac said:

You and me both know that's not necessarily the car in the states because of laws for discrimination. Just need to say your being discriminated and unfortunately that is abused at times

Yeah, there are definitely some people out there who wouldn't toss water on you if you were on fire, though. :D

Just now, Lowlow said:

Yeah, there are definitely some people out there who wouldn't toss water on you if you were on fire, though. :D

Related .. I don't think it's just me who has noticed this, but there are certain kinds of shops that have the hard nosed types who aren't that great at dealing with people, and I think we've all run into them before.  Precious metals and coin shops, as an example, seems to have more than its fair share of abrupt, no nonsense gentlemen, who do not seem to enjoy suffering fools.  How many times have you walked into some random coin shop out in the world and had the owner look at you over the rim of their glasses and study you like they were trying to figure out if you were going to knock the place over, and seemed to sigh a little when they realized they were going to have to actually come and see what you wanted lol.

11 minutes ago, Lowlow said:

I think in this he (David) owner of goldsilver.be has broken the law. When both parties issued then paid for the specific goods in this invoice it is a legally binding contract one that has to be delivered regardless of any other invoice generated prior to the current order. Upon generating an invoice then accepting payment for that order he has a legal requirement to fulfill that purchase order. This is not the Wild West and he has gone way too far in this instance as his message is quite clearly stating he is withholding (now somebody else's property) to ransom.

4 hours ago, PolarPanda said:

I'm also really curious what the amount is that they charge for cancelling an order... I think this must have been communicated at the time of cancellation? Or not? 

There's the problem, they didn't charge or communicate anything about the cancellation.  Some companies will let it go, some would charge a cancellation or "restocking fee", some might simply black list you.  Here they apply neither, the T&Cs dont state any, only clumsily cite pieces of legislation to say consumer law on cancellation is exempt (which is fair enough).  The whole episode would be much better resolved by a stated cancellation fee, not waiting until the next order then mucking about. 

7 minutes ago, Lowlow said:

Related .. I don't think it's just me who has noticed this, but there are certain kinds of shops that have the hard nosed types who aren't that great at dealing with people, and I think we've all run into them before.  Precious metals and coin shops, as an example, seems to have more than its fair share of abrupt, no nonsense gentlemen, who do not seem to enjoy suffering fools.  How many times have you walked into some random coin shop out in the world and had the owner look at you over the rim of their glasses and study you like they were trying to figure out if you were going to knock the place over, and seemed to sigh a little when they realized they were going to have to actually come and see what you wanted lol.

I guess I've always been lucky since I've never received that kind of impression or treatment myself. Or is it maybe just my charming personality? 😄

13 minutes ago, Bullionaire said:

"Just don't mention the law! I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it..."

Haha!  I actually looked up any specific Belgian wars for that quote but couldn’t really find anything amusing or useful.  Damn 19th Century Belgian Generals!!

23 minutes ago, Lowlow said:

I tend not to attend such establishments.  I always feel obligated to buy something.  I hate visiting galleries for the same reason.

I've never ordered from this crowd but I've seen other threads that have nothing but negative vibes about them so for pure peace of mind I'll pay that lil bit extra to know that I wouldn't have to deal with any bull.

Comments like "your not getting the rest of your order till you pay our cancellation fee" just shows me how unprofessional they are.

They just aren't worth the hassle when there are so many professional dealers out there.

Archived