• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Goldsilver.be refuse to send my order?

Kleiner

Hi,

Several month ago I made an order but regret it short after because the entire fund was not ready (will explain why below). Shortly after, I contacted GoldSilver.be and asked for alter in my order (11600 euro). I wanted to buy exact same coins but less., - 9000 euro. - because that was all I had at that time. (difference = 2600 euro).

However, instead om alter the order they canceled the it and said: "I've cancelled your last order. Please keep in mind that a cancellation generates costs and thus damage for GOLDSILVER.BE". I was surprised by them doing so, especially when no bill were issued or so.

Last week I made an new order for 10000 Euro (655 coins). Yesterday, I contacted them regarding when the order would be shipped, they replied:
"One parcell will be shipped today and one parcell tomorrow"

The following day (today) I was curios and asked them why they split up the order, why not ship the entire package in once?
Believe it or not they replied by saying: 
We forgot to thank you for the deposit. Pay for the damage from last time you cancelled the order, my friend. If not, you'll never see the rest of your order".

The first parcell they have shipped contains only 20 coins. Less than 1/10 of the entire order.

I mean can they really take my new order in ransom and refuse to ship the rest of the order? 

Best regards,
Kleiner

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only placed two orders via GoldSilver.be but I have never had any issues but to the contrary GoldSilver.be very helpful

image.thumb.png.2766f9f94d948cd9e9219044375f959a.png

For example due to transferwise not accepting payments I had underpaid for my items but GoldSilver.be responded very kindly

image.thumb.png.017e2a7167704a133f439ef6b7b33eae.png

Doesn't seem like good business practice - did GS.be ever advise you of their cancellation fee which under their terms is permitted. ?
When you placed your second order did they not itemise all the costs and show a charge due giving you the opportunity to pay the full amount ?

Another piece of terrible service from this company until people vote with feet it will continue. If this is proven true  people really need to think about ordering with this ungreatful company. Returning custom is the backbone of most businesses no doubt if it has happened as it reads they are breaking some sort of law unless they have given you and exact £ value of their "damages" . Also you have a set amount of time from placing an order as a cooling off period in which you can cancel an order with no charges on most items. If I was you I would defiantly look this up on European trading laws.

Based on the terms of service it might be a difficult case, because you actually don't have the right to cancel your order. (You cancelled right away, that might be your loophole)

Terms of service

I agree to the terms of service and will adhere to them unconditionally. Please be aware that the goods you buy are subjet to fluctutation and THE RIGHT TO CANCEL AN ORDER DOES NOT EXIST ( E.U. Law art. VI.53.). (Read the Terms of Service) A delivery to a mail box, a packing station, or after any specific agreement with the delivery company is not insured

Article 7 : Right of cancellation
Article VI.47 of the Economic Activity Code stipulates that the consumer has the right to notify the vendor that he is cancelling his purchase without penalty and without justification within 14 working days as from the day after the delivery of the product or the end of the service contract.
 This right of withdrawal does not extend to the professional buyer. 
However, Article VI.53 of the Economic Activity Code states that the consumer may only exercise the right of withdrawal specified in Article VI.47 for (2°-) for the provision of goods or services whose price depends on fluctuations in the financial market outside the supplier's control and likely to occur during the cancellation period. 
Also, neither the consumer nor the professional buyer has the right of withdrawal in their contractual relations with S.P.R.L. ELECTRUM.

But anyway: I don't know how you have to read this exactly with legal eyes.

4 minutes ago, Silverhunter said:

Another piece of terrible service from this company until people vote with feet it will continue. If this is proven true  people really need to think about ordering with this ungreatful company. Returning custom is the backbone of most businesses no doubt if it has happened as it reads they are breaking some sort of law unless they have given you and exact £ value of their "damages" . Also you have a set amount of time from placing an order as a cooling off period in which you can cancel an order with no charges on most items. If I was you I would defiantly look this up on European trading laws.

I might be wrong, but I don't think that cooling down period applies to silver and gold 

3 minutes ago, Bullionaire said:

I might be wrong, but I don't think that cooling down period applies to silver and gold 

Yes you might be right that way I said most orders. They will still have to abide with eu law and unless they have told him a value they can not hold part of his order to ransome . The tone and wording if their reply is discussing 

18 minutes ago, Pete said:

Doesn't seem like good business practice - did GS.be ever advise you of their cancellation fee which under their terms is permitted. ?
 When you placed your second order did they not itemise all the costs and show a charge due giving you the opportunity to pay the full amount ?

No, my friend. They did not.

I think you have to start a case in a country first before you can go to a European court, but it looks like you might have to go there. I don't know whether your own country or country of the company is the place you have to start a case. At least Belgium has decent laws in place.

The fact that they never issued a invoice for their damages doesn't make their case any better. (besides the appalling response)

7 minutes ago, Kleiner said:

No, my friend. They did not.

Good reason to quit the EU with or without a Brexit agreement if that's how business is conducted across the Channel.

3 minutes ago, Bullionaire said:

Sounds from this and other threads like Christine at GS.be is a good egg. Maybe try and get in touch with her directly? Or wait till the arsey person is on their hols tomorrow and try again,

I started the conversation with Christine first but then David said " I take over this conversation now" 

2 minutes ago, Martlet said:

Bit different and more serious than the usual off the cuff from Eva saying don't order again.  This act of with holding an order would be illegal, they accepted the order they must fulfil it.

I think soon or later they will ship the rest of the order.
But the question is: Am I going to get every coins I have ordered or would some be missing and what would I do in that case?

And Also I wondering, should I take the first parcell or wait for the entire package?

I wish I would never had bought from them. NEVER EVER AGAIN.

11 minutes ago, Pete said:

Good reason to quit the EU with or without a Brexit agreement if that's how business is conducted across the Channel.

Yeah, whatever dude, like all business is conducted like that in the rest of Europe.. keep on generalising... 

Ontopic: this really sucks, have you considered using the EU E-justice portal? https://e-justice.europa.eu/content_small_claims-42-en.do

Archived