• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver to Go (or where best to buy)

Garret

Hello all, 

Just wondering what people's experience of Silver to Go and or Coin invest is? 

Thinking of doing about a 300quid order to make the best use of shipping charge. It'll be a early Xmas present as Im collector as more or hobby. Like to get a mix of coins etc

Do they charge in pounds and I am right in thinking that as they are in Germany there will be no more Vat etc to pay once it arrives in the UK? Do they send in caps? Sorry, I looked on the website but couldn't see

Anyones thoughts would he greatly appreciated 

(I notice some pieces on coin invest had a Vat charge added, are the marketplace for other sellers?) 

You pay whatever the German VAT is and that's it in regards to VAT.

I don't think they send them capped, you will probably have to buy those yourself.

I think they charge in Euros but you can use a wire service to pay in £ with minimum commission. Much cheaper than letting the bank do it.

Thanks, I'll check out the European Mint

From searching the Forum I can see the comments on goldsilver.be so I'll take your advise there 

At the end of check out on silver to go it has a price in pounds but wasn't sure if it was just a guide price. I'm planing on sticking it on a new credit card that has an offer for spending 300 pounds. Hence the budget  😂 

Silver to go took my virginity

The prices are included German vat, no extra vat at borders. I know they advertise vat-free, but it's just already included.

The best thing about silver to go is, it is very clear, how to order, shipping, ups drop of point near by (handy when you are at work). I never really order anything, and this was my first silver order, so for me a plus

Gs.be is the cheapest and, after first order, you can put your orders in storage and combine orders. So they are #1 for me.

2 minutes ago, Garret said:

Thanks, I'll check out the European Mint

From searching the Forum I can see the comments on goldsilver.be so I'll take your advise there 

At the end of check out on silver to go it has a price in pounds but wasn't sure if it was just a guide price. I'm planing on sticking it on a new credit card that has an offer for spending 300 pounds. Hence the budget  😂 

Theres a coupon code for 50% off shipping: TSFBYB50

It's @BackyardBullion's code.

If you look at STG or CoinInvest sites you can select UK and prices in £ sterling.
Some coins are reduced VAT, but not all, and the price will include the appropriate VAT so no further charges to worry about.
They will also show you the shipping cost prior to ordering.
They have a UK bank account so you can transfer in sterling from your bank so avoiding any fees and the last time I used them the exchange rate was at a commercial rate and not a rip-off rate.

10 minutes ago, Ryan said:

@Garret do you have the link to that thread?

It was on various threads, and to be fair many people where praising them too. I was merely agreeing with the comment made that some people won't touch them. Very good prices and variety though 

STG always delivered the goods (literally!) Well packaged and you can pay in sterling (they invoice you with payment details once order is made). Haven't used them for a year or so though probably due to European Mint being cheaper for what I've wanted. 

I haven't used StG for a while now but you used to be able to display prices on the site in GBP or Euro. If you buy in GBP you can pay to their UK account as previously mentioned. However, If you do the sums, their prices always work out more expensive in GBP. It was always cheaper to buy in Euro and spend a small amout in fees paying in Euro via Transferwise or even CurrencyFair.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Im a S2G fan!  Priced and paid in Sterling both bank transfer and by card too.  Delivery by UPS - no issues, trackable.  Had quite a few deliveries.  I trust 'em.  They may not be the cheapest but there's no hassle or drama.

Just been looking at the European Mint and they do seem cheap when prices are in Euros, however as soon as I change it to £ the exchange rate is almost 1:1!!!! What do people here do? I assume you all leave the invoice in Euros and pay whatever conversion rate your bank applies?

8 minutes ago, greektony said:

I assume you all leave the invoice in Euros and pay whatever conversion rate your bank applies?

No you never use your bank to do the Fx conversion. Send Euro via Transferwise or CurrencyFair, the fees will be a couple of quid, not 30 or so your bank  would charge. Send your GBP to TW or CF by free bank transfer.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

12 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

No you never use your bank to do the Fx conversion. Send Euro via Transferwise or CurrencyFair, the fees will be a couple of quid, not 30 or so your bank  would charge. Send your GBP to TW or CF by free bank transfer.

Thanks sovereignsteve. I've only used STG previously. Not sure the extra faff with the European Mint is worth it to me for a small saving as I have not used TransferWise or CurrencyFair before.

Also, the EM website is quite lacking. No ability to filter is a bit lazy IMO

Archived