• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Is There Something About to Crash with Gold ?

Pete

Just woke up to the drop in gold.
Anyone understand the reasons ?

What got me into a buying mode was HGM were listing many gold coins at 3% over spot.
That's not normal when prices are falling so is there an undercurrent and will I now regret buying tonight ?

Back up to £920 tomorrow no doubt. It goes up with physical demand then gets smashed down the next day. When money can be shorted it’s open to all sorts of manipulation scenarios.

Wouldn’t surprise me if the yanks printed $21 Trillion to buy physical gold because they don’t have the tax income to do it legitimately. 

Could they do this without anyone finding out??? Buying it at a discount price they set themselves.

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

Price dropped for no reason other than paper contracts got sold in the night (UK time) - the usual antics when seen in price manipulation. No news, just sold off..

Now people are thinking price is heading lower, when a week ago they thought it could be breaking to the upside.

The other issue is bonds have been selling off - holding bonds is not a good option if yields start rising - if you have $10 000 of US Treasuries and they went up from 3% to 3.5%, your Treasuries fall in value to $8570. Makes gold look like a viable option especially when prices are so beat up - so gold gets beaten up some more.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

5 minutes ago, Oldun said:

Raid. Canada, US, Japan all on holiday Monday. China back from a week off. Commercials net long....someone did a smash and grab. And add the bond set up, gold was ripe for it.

was just about to say this (well same gist ;))

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

32 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

was just about to say this (well same gist ;))

I agree, it's likely we go higher I think, even if the destination is lower they won't go straight there, and we've had a bottoming period, time to go a bit higher I think.  I would prefer lower, of course.

1 hour ago, Oldun said:

If the stockmarket drops and people get margin calls, the first thing that will get dumped is gold. Flip a coin, could go eitherway but my opinion, and that is all it is, is that it may have further to fall.

how many that are still long the stock market have their insurance

in gold?

HH

Pension funds have anywhere between less than 1% and upwards to 20% in extreme cases but don’t quote me exactly on that. Couldn’t tell you anything else as I’m not privy to that info. Then there are the speculators and commercials.....

Different funds have different appetite for risk so that figure maybe overall. And if they had ventured in in usd in the last 7 years, they would be even more heavily underwater.......so the guys running these things know what they doing in an incredibly difficult market with increasing payouts due as each day goes by. There is simply no comparison. Stockmarket has won hands down......so far.

Price dipped under £900 this afternoon. Steady decline all summer. Could hold under £900 by the end of the month. My recommendation get ready to go buying. 

💷 💷 Check out my Wanted adds and message me direct if you can help 💷 💷 

2 minutes ago, QStack said:

Can anyone recommend a good site that shows the live price of gold in sterling? I'm using live charts.co.uk but that shows it in USD.

I use an app on my phone called 'Gold price'

Hatton Garden Metals, Sharp Pixley, ATS bullion, Royal mint Bullion and pretty much all the dealers have the live price on their website. 

5 minutes ago, QStack said:

Can anyone recommend a good site that shows the live price of gold in sterling? I'm using live charts.co.uk but that shows it in USD.

I use gold.co.uk they also have an iPhone app and it’s in real time. Pounds sterling dollars and euros

💷 💷 Check out my Wanted adds and message me direct if you can help 💷 💷 

24 minutes ago, Nick1368 said:

agree, its a great time to add to your stack.

what would you buy ?

Bought some one ounce Brits from HGM as only 3% over spot and a few 2018 sovereigns from Atkinsons.
I am amazed that there has been so much gold on sale with prices so low suggesting more than normal people selling their gold.
Definitely a great opportunity to buy but what do these sellers know that maybe I am missing ?
Will gold drop farther and are people getting out ?
Everything is falling at the moment but volatility makes the financial sheisters loads of dosh - they love it as they win on the ups and also on the downs with their clever complex algorithms. Steady and stable is not what they want.
Unfortunately there are no guarantees but if gold remains around £900 per ounce or maybe lower and popular coins and bars can be bought for 3-4% over spot I will accumulate as long as the fiat is available and the bills are paid.
Never risk what you cannot afford to loose in part.

Archived