• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

BullionByPost thoughts?

MoralHazard

48 minutes ago, SilverSleeves said:

When buying a monster box of Brittanias, there is a vast difference in price at BBP compared with Bleyer - BBP is about 10% dearer..

I just wish I'd known about Bleyer earlier before jumping in!

Have look at price of silver on Goldsilver.be or the European mint don’t have pay VAT? Buy monster box Britannia for 7480 euros or £6580 pay using transfer wise.

https://goldsilver.be/en/1-oz-30-gr/275-monster-box-500-x-1-oz-silver-britannia-2018.html

Ok back to the reason why looking at this thread after some 1oz Gold Queens Beast Dragon coins and everywhere looked seems to be sold out. As last resort I will have to use Bullion By Post / Gold.co.uk not that anything wrong with them just higher premiums compared other bullion dealers.

On 21/10/2018 at 22:35, Abyss said:

Ok back to the reason why looking at this thread after some 1oz Gold Queens Beast Dragon coins and everywhere looked seems to be sold out. As last resort I will have to use Bullion By Post / Gold.co.uk not that anything wrong with them just higher premiums compared other bullion dealers.

We have some in stock if you were still looking 🙂 

https://www.bleyerbullion.co.uk/1oz-gold-queens-beasts-dragon-2017

Bleyer Bullion is the South West's local bullion dealer, serving the whole of the UK by phone and online. Bleyer offers friendly, expert consultancy and welcomes face-to-face appointments with UK customers looking for a more personal service. Please visit us at: www.BleyerBullion.co.uk.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally took the plunge and ordered a monster box of Brittanias from goldsilver.be and have saved a small fortune in VAT. They came to ÂŁ6,709.60. I sold 32 Sovereigns to do so.

Brittanias are not the most exciting coins in the world, but at least they are legal tender (ie zero CGT), and I can't afford to throw cash away on rip-off Britain VAT like I have before.

What I don't understand is why the Royal Mint will sell to Belgians VAT-free, but charge Britons the full whack. Isn't that racial discrimination?

30 minutes ago, SilverSleeves said:

I finally took the plunge and ordered a monster box of Brittanias from goldsilver.be and have saved a small fortune in VAT. They came to ÂŁ6,709.60. I sold 32 Sovereigns to do so.

Brittanias are not the most exciting coins in the world, but at least they are legal tender (ie zero CGT), and I can't afford to throw cash away on rip-off Britain VAT like I have before.

What I don't understand is why the Royal Mint will sell to Belgians VAT-free, but charge Britons the full whack. Isn't that racial discrimination?

https://goldsilver.be/en/1-oz-30-gr/275-monster-box-500-x-1-oz-silver-britannia-2018.html

ÂŁ13.42 per coin and works out ÂŁ2.50 over spot very good value for money.

image.png.83dd8de9833ba13d617f0c1bb9923912.png

VAT applicable on Silver UK I don't know why but it just is and you have to buy from Belgium/Estonia (GoldSilver.be/European Mint) avoid the VAT. I was tempted to buy monster box of silver Britannia but because these generic bullion and the mint releases the same design year in year out (Silver Eagles/Philharmonic etc.) very little chance premium appreciation so instead I purchased 2 oz Silver Queens Beasts series (roughly 50 coins per release). Silver gets to $12.50 once I would very tempted buy couple of monster boxes Brittanias myself (provided GBP hold head above 1.30 GBP/USD exchange rate).

At this stage I'm just not sure there would be any advantage in buying collectibles over generics, even though they are preferred from an aesthetic point of view. It all depends on whether you believe in "price-rockets" or not!

I do have a very few collectibles, but mostly it's generics. If the price of silver does rocket soon, as I expect it will, I'll then be able to indulge in lots of those limited edition coins.

2 hours ago, SilverSleeves said:

At this stage I'm just not sure there would be any advantage in buying collectibles over generics, even though they are preferred from an aesthetic point of view. It all depends on whether you believe in "price-rockets" or not!

I do have a very few collectibles, but mostly it's generics. If the price of silver does rocket soon, as I expect it will, I'll then be able to indulge in lots of those limited edition coins.

Queens Beasts 2 oz Silver coins although I love the aesthetic they don't have any numismatic or limited edition collector value BUT older coins have appreciated in premium. The Royal Mint releases a new coin in the series every six months and they stop minting older coins in the series.

https://goldsilver.be/en/203-queen-s-beasts

The latest coin FALCON of the Plantagenets costs Euros 30.28 or ÂŁ26.34 or ÂŁ13.17 per oz works out cheaper than the 1 oz Britannia you have bought. I own both Gold and Silver but I don't think PM will sky rocket soon or in the foreseeable future. PMs bear market for the last 7 years and there is a lot of price management of PMs. PMs can continue to be in a bear market for the next seven years. I do like some of the pumpers in the PMs but I am firm believer that everything you need to know about price of a commodity/share/currency in the charts. Everyone strategy different and unique to them. My strategy is to buy PMs in a series that has the potential to increase in premiums over the long run to offset any reduction in price in the underlying metal value. There is a saying variety spice of life and I think applicable to PMs as well.

@Croatianstacker created topic a while back called Show your stack very interesting to see what other people have collected in their stack.

I ordered a 1/4 oz Queen’s Beast, the Lion, and a 1/4 oz American Eagle from them which arrived in lighthouse capsules at no extra cost. That was nice of them. Other dealers with the exception of the Royal Mint Bullion send you their coins unprotected in tissue or plastic flips even if you purchase a capsule with the coin. Yes, they’re more expensive than their competitors but you can’t fault BBP on excellent customer service. They have a much wider range of specific year and older coins from around the world than any other dealer I know of. Smaller dealers would struggle to supply collectors with birth or anniversary year coins.

Archived