• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

BullionByPost thoughts?

MoralHazard

I was planning to make a quite sizable order with BullionByPost

https://www.bullionbypost.eu/

What are your thoughts with the company? Why I feel they sound very attractive is because they offer free international shipping.

I appreciate to hear your thoughts about them. Their customer service agent at least sounded very professional on the phone.

All depends on what you are after. They are more expensive than MOST on every item I've looked at but I'm a small buy I've used them  a few times on one coin purchases. I take it your not in uk? Do they have specific items you need? I found silver gold bull very good in u.s and use Atkinsons in the main in uk

I think I read they have a sister site that is cheaper, but that they will price match. Have you searched on the forum?

Before I found this forum and got clued up on 'marginal' VAT on silver from Europe for us in the UK I used them. I found them super for gold and silver bars (although the latter I paid that full UK VAT on - ouch).

I stopped using them though after I paid extra for 'Grade A' random year silver Britannias and they all arrived as Grade C or worse. Their phone support was usually very good so when I got in touch and was told 'it's just bullion, tough luck' I gave up on them. It was quite a big order so cost me quite a lot of money for what should have been 'Grade A' coins but were basically scrap.

When they advertised shortly after that a 'free Silver Britannia worth £27.50!' with some sort of order I just gave up on them, I thought they were taking the absolute piss out of customers. I'd paid £21 odd for that same coin, and when they all arrived trashed was told 'it's only bullion price for buyback' (which at the time was around £16).

I'm sure they're still good for gold if it's not cheaper elsewhere, but like I say they may price match/have a sister site that is cheaper so worth researching.

16 minutes ago, kimchi said:

I think I read they have a sister site that is cheaper, but that they will price match. Have you searched on the forum?

Before I found this forum and got clued up on 'marginal' VAT on silver from Europe for us in the UK I used them. I found them super for gold and silver bars (although the latter I paid that full UK VAT on - ouch).

I stopped using them though after I paid extra for 'Grade A' random year silver Britannias and they all arrived as Grade C or worse. Their phone support was usually very good so when I got in touch and was told 'it's just bullion, tough luck' I gave up on them. It was quite a big order so cost me quite a lot of money for what should have been 'Grade A' coins but were basically scrap.

When they advertised shortly after that a 'free Silver Britannia worth £27.50!' with some sort of order I just gave up on them, I thought they were taking the absolute piss out of customers. I'd paid £21 odd for that same coin, and when they all arrived trashed was told 'it's only bullion price for buyback' (which at the time was around £16).

I'm sure they're still good for gold if it's not cheaper elsewhere, but like I say they may price match/have a sister site that is cheaper so worth researching.

I think it I is gold.co.uk

I have placed four orders with them and everything has been fine.  They acknowledge the order, say when it will be posted, and then say when it has been posted so you know it is on its way.  I have been impressed with them.

This was my very first supplier before others came on the scene.
I did buy a lot of half sovereigns from them a few times but a while back before HGM and Atkinsons surfaced on my radar.
Prices tend to be high compared to their well known competitors but their service & responsiveness was good.
I was very disappointed with them when I purchased an FDC boxed proof gold coin at a high price, because of its year, only to find it had greasy finger marks on the coin despite being in a screw cap. Their attitude over the phone in rejecting this so called perfect coin was not so great and that turned me off and as a result will now only order from them if there was no alternative.

35 minutes ago, Silverhunter said:

I think it I is gold.co.uk

Rings a bell! I think this was mentioned in a thread just a few days ago.

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

This was my very first supplier before others came on the scene.
I did buy a lot of half sovereigns from them a few times but a while back before HGM and Atkinsons surfaced on my radar.
Prices tend to be high compared to their well known competitors but their service & responsiveness was good.
I was very disappointed with them when I purchased an FDC boxed proof gold coin at a high price, because of its year, only to find it had greasy finger marks on the coin despite being in a screw cap. Their attitude over the phone in rejecting this so called perfect coin was not so great and that turned me off and as a result will now only order from them if there was no alternative.

Sorry to hear that, it was exactly my experience. Fast and secure delivery, great customer service on the phone when all is good, and then something goes wrong and they tell you basically to get stuffed :(

Bought load off BBP never had any real issues to complain about and the ones I had were dealt with to satisfaction. Fast delivery, good customer service. Until recently you could pay cash at the Barclays, that's just been revoked by Barclays 🤔.

I've bought a few 1oz Gold from them where they are cheapest vs spot, no issues whatsoever

Added 0 minutes later...
32 minutes ago, Madstacks said:

Any 20% of ebay vouchers i get usually go their way on a sovereign. service has always been perfect.

How often do ebay give out 20% vouchers?

Archived