• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2019 proof sovereign

lightjaw

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, sovereignsteve said:

It'll be the usual G&D design, or will they surprise us?

I'm sure they could think of some anniversary if they felt like it.

Something like a 37,230 days since the first 1817 Sovereign anniversary.

5 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

It'll be the usual G&D design, or will they surprise us?

I'm sure they could think of some anniversary if they felt like it.

queen Victoria death 100 ann 

special jubilee head instead of George and the dragon

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

5 hours ago, westminstrel said:

The “pig” coin continued the tradition of the lunar series’ quirky designs. I wasn’t surprised.

The “falcon” came as a rude shock. 

Why no love for the falcon... i like it. Is it because it doesn't have the pretentious posture of the other coins? If so I can see what you mean, but its not bad imho.

1 minute ago, terakris said:

Why no love for the falcon... i like it. Is it because it doesn't have the pretentious posture of the other coins? If so I can see what you mean, but its not bad imho.

The series began as a representation of the “heraldic beasts” that stood like sentinels at the Queen’s coronation.

Stylistically, all the beasts so far have fit this design aesthetic. 

The falcon, however, just looks like a real bird perched atop a shield. There is nothing heraldic about the overall design. 

So my dislike of it has nothing to do with the lack of a “pretentious posture”, and as a coin design, it is fine really; there’s nothing ugly about it. But as one of a continuing series, its design just seems plain wrong (to me anyway, based on my design sensibilities :)).

I totally see what you mean with the design, and my wording was my interpretation of the style - i cant think which one is the most stuck up, i think the unicorn perhaps lol. Maybe im not as committed to the series so kinda think "meh, it looks ok" :) 

39 minutes ago, terakris said:

I totally see what you mean with the design, and my wording was my interpretation of the style - i cant think which one is the most stuck up, i think the unicorn perhaps lol. Maybe im not as committed to the series so kinda think "meh, it looks ok" :) 

Haha, true about the unicorn. And I think the bull is kinda sassy 😬

Archived