• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Palladium.

latinomanz69

last time Platinum was $400 before the bull market begun...then it is likely for it to drop back to $600 or even $400 after the bear market comes to the end, not in sight yet ...

Palladium was $200 for a few times, then challenged its own peak above $1100. now its higher than that, even beaten gold, the bull market will come to an end at its peak, but so far it has not peak out yet, many short sellers would get caught again in the coming short squeeze, it is even possible for Palladium to challenge the Platinum peak of $2300 ???

gold was beaten by it remember that well 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be vary wary of palladium. If you study the history of palladium you will see that it is the "odd one out".

It seems to operate on its own cycle which is out of sync with the standard gold/silver/platinum cycle.

eg, between 1982 - 1984 it tripled in price while the others were very supressed.

It bottomed in late 1996 at $117 and had already tripled by the last few months of that decade which is when it is generally accepted the gold bear market bottomed and the new bull market was born, then fell and lost half its value up until 2005 while the other PMs were making solid annual gains in the early years of that bull market.

OTOH that could make it a good metal to hold to compliment the others to smooth out portfolio returns. However I would say that now is not the time you want to be buying palladium. It's had its run, much more downside potential than further upside imo.

6 hours ago, flim said:

last time Platinum was $400 before the bull market begun...then it is likely for it to drop back to $600 or even $400 after the bear market comes to the end, not in sight yet ...

Palladium was $200 for a few times, then challenged its own peak above $1100. now its higher than that, even beaten gold, the bull market will come to an end at its peak, but so far it has not peak out yet, many short sellers would get caught again in the coming short squeeze, it is even possible for Palladium to challenge the Platinum peak of $2300 ???

gold was beaten by it remember that well 

But before the bull started gold was at 430 and now it is at 1250, I dont think we will ever see again pre-bull prices with all the metals.

12 hours ago, latinomanz69 said:

But before the bull started gold was at 430 and now it is at 1250, I dont think we will ever see again pre-bull prices with all the metals.

Why don't you think so?  Even silver at such a low price right now $14.60?

I've been picking up silver since the gold silver ratio is at highs and it was just in 2011 that silver was int he $40s-50

10 hours ago, intelinside said:

Why don't you think so?  Even silver at such a low price right now $14.60?

I've been picking up silver since the gold silver ratio is at highs and it was just in 2011 that silver was int he $40s-50

The tendency is for everything to go up due to inflation, just look at the history charts, precious metals even copper have been going up and up for decades, even stocks, it is a normal thing for most things to go up over time.

Added 0 minutes later...

They go up and down, up and down but in the long run, most things go up especially precious metals.

On 05/12/2018 at 19:33, 5huggy said:

Yep - Gold and silver will always be the most recognised PM's and ergo more "tradeable" under ANY circumstances

I’m beginning to think the same thing. I’m intrigued by platinum but not in any kind of hurry to invest in it. I had no idea what palladium is until I read about it today.

2 minutes ago, RogerBelmar said:

I’m beginning to think the same thing. I’m intrigued by platinum but not in any kind of hurry to invest in it. I had no idea what palladium is until I read about it today.

But think about it even copper prices have tripled in the last 15 years or so, so all things rise in prices, even Tide detergent so it is a way to buy something at today's prices and sell at tomorrow's prices, so almost anything will go up in price

there are salted eggs and milk powder

how often do we see farmers ended up with over productions on these, it the last 3 decades hardly any we heard off, as if never happened 

it is suppressed in prices and in news 

Chinese Auto Sales Accelerate Historic Collapse, Set For First Annual Decline In 30 Years
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018...ic-collapse-set-first-annual-decline-30-years

if this is accurate and true, then both Platinum and Palladium would be going down going forward

1 minute ago, flim said:

there are salted eggs and milk powder

how often do we see farmers ended up with over productions on these, it the last 3 decades hardly any we heard off, as if never happened 

it is suppressed in prices and in news 

Chinese Auto Sales Accelerate Historic Collapse, Set For First Annual Decline In 30 Years
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018...ic-collapse-set-first-annual-decline-30-years

if this is accurate and true, then both Platinum and Palladium would be going down going forward

https://www.macrotrends.net/2540/platinum-prices-historical-chart-data

They go up and down but they are like stocks, in the long run, they go up due to inflation, everything goes up, compare the price of milk 15 years ago to today's prices, everything go up, yes there are be over production etc which causes prices to come down for a while but in the long term, most but most things go up otherwise there would not be a thing called inflation. 

Have you been to a burger join and seen the old picture featuring prices from the 1940s when a hamburger costed 1 cent? well, see even burgers go up but you cant just stock up burgers and sell them later on because they rot and you would not have a place to sell them but if you could, you would make a profit.

22 minutes ago, latinomanz69 said:

https://www.macrotrends.net/2540/platinum-prices-historical-chart-data

They go up and down but they are like stocks, in the long run, they go up due to inflation, everything goes up, compare the price of milk 15 years ago to today's prices, everything go up, yes there are be over production etc which causes prices to come down for a while but in the long term, most but most things go up otherwise there would not be a thing called inflation. 

Have you been to a burger join and seen the old picture featuring prices from the 1940s when a hamburger costed 1 cent? well, see even burgers go up but you cant just stock up burgers and sell them later on because they rot and you would not have a place to sell them but if you could, you would make a profit.

Well you can always have deflation too

such as a computer, it used to cost $2450 for a 386 in 1994 now you can get a (NEW LENOVO DESKTOP FOR OFFICE AND HOME USE INTEL J3455 PROCESSOR / 4GB RAM / 1TB HDD / WIN 10 HOME/ 1YR WARRANTY / 1YR ANTIVIRUS) for just $399 

new pc is faster and have much better capacity and speed, if there is inflation...shouldn't this thing that are better be costing $5000 at the minimum ???

10 hours ago, flim said:

Well you can always have deflation too

such as a computer, it used to cost $2450 for a 386 in 1994 now you can get a (NEW LENOVO DESKTOP FOR OFFICE AND HOME USE INTEL J3455 PROCESSOR / 4GB RAM / 1TB HDD / WIN 10 HOME/ 1YR WARRANTY / 1YR ANTIVIRUS) for just $399 

new pc is faster and have much better capacity and speed, if there is inflation...shouldn't this thing that are better be costing $5000 at the minimum ???

That is right but most deflation is due to a newer technology coming out and AFAIK, metals don't need technology, even copper has gone up throughout the years.

On 14/12/2018 at 02:05, latinomanz69 said:

That is right but most deflation is due to a newer technology coming out and AFAIK, metals don't need technology, even copper has gone up throughout the years.

precious metals tech are ancient compared to oil tech, oil dig is how you want it to be done

for digging gold, its like more than 40 years behind, it should be ,much more costly but the price did not pick this up

study the spreads, check out what is their buy back prices

Au is 1.5% may be less, or trading for spot

Pt is about 3.9% ...discount to spot

Pd is 7.8%...discount to spot or due to the GST/VAT

may be about time for me to switch to Pt from Pd, as selling Pd would not buy me an Au equivalent weight due to those discounts and spreads

but buying something with a falling trend Pt is not a good strategy 

1 hour ago, flim said:

study the spreads, check out what is their buy back prices

Au is 1.5% may be less, or trading for spot

Pt is about 3.9% ...discount to spot

Pd is 7.8%...discount to spot or due to the GST/VAT

may be about time for me to switch to Pt from Pd, as selling Pd would not buy me an Au equivalent weight due to those discounts and spreads

Like I said, silver is what you buy after you have bought everything else, with the little bit of money left you have since it is so cheap. Palladium is a new precious metal, so I dont know how the market will behave, if you look at platinum it goes up and down in cycles, right now it is worth less than gold but there will be a time when it will be worth more, so right now it is the time to buy it, later on when it is worth more, then it will be the time to sell it.

On 21/12/2018 at 02:38, flim said:

That would be the stupidest move ever. You've missed the boat on on making that switch. Smart money is on the ratio topping out and reversing at least back to a historic mean. 

Last time Pt/Pd was at these levels Pt then outperformed Pd by 500% over the following 5 years. The risk/reward hugely favour Pt from these levels.

Archived