• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

NuCoin

I was wonder if there are much people that collect ZAR Paul Kruger coins, the numismatic coins, I’ve been working on the collection for sometime now and building up to try and find some good conditioned ones..to add to the collection I’m building up..proof coins are extremely rare and are only minted in the years 1892...especially finding high grade 5 shillings (crowns) they are rare, and abit pricey. Though I must say the ZAR coins have a really nice history to them from the time Paul Kruger was president of South Africa 

78945352-8E64-408C-8BBF-22E86D356045.jpeg

This is a great set to collect and, no surprise, I started with the sixpences. I have now sold my gold ponds although I think I still have the silver and bronze issues in VF/EF somewhere. I was planning on upgrading these raw coins to slabbed MS examples (now very expensive) at some point as the series is extremely popular.

@Tritoon01 lol that abit of a difficult one, what I would suggest though is go on to eBay... there you will get a perceptive of what the pricing is for those coins, specially from well good dealers on eBay, they kind of spot on with their pricings...... 

yes, you are right.....been on ebay and ngc ...... wow, those prices can differ depending on the quality of the coin !.....are these coins known for fake replicas ? I saw some coins, no idea if they are fake.....not that familiar with these coins....but they are lovely, so I might expand my investment pool ;)

If the coin was to be graded it will probably be a F..... I have see a few replicas but that is only with the 5 shilling coins because they are much rarer. But you can spot out the replicas easily once you start collecting, specially with Paul Kruger’s face and aswell as the lettering... but the ZAR coins is a really good collection to build.

Archived