• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Bear Signs

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Nasdaq all time high closed 9090 may see further gains to 9500 but market has gone parabolic. When Nasdaq pops going to take every other stock market in the world with it.

image.thumb.png.622a960efd2bbaaf7376349f1ce52489.png

Seeing slight drop in the Fed balance sheet

image.png.bec62f3df3b690d48d97304bda824db0.png

I am significantly positioned into the the Nifty 50 but contemplating switching the majority into bonds. The risk to reward ratio to continue to have exposure to any stock market minimal IMHO.

• 2 weeks later...

Has the Nasdaq 100 finally popped currently 120 points down

VIX showing increase in volatility

image.thumb.png.fdbeaf80c8b889c870aaa82a03ad51d6.png

Gold up 0.5% and Silver 1.5%

image.png.4ec157c2db4f05efad6f322987407d45.png

This may not be the melt up in the markets but should be significant falls in the markets in the coming weeks to test lower channels of support levels.

On 08/04/2019 at 16:40, HawkHybrid said:

https://www.gold-eagle.com/article/technical-analysis-markets-196

imo wave 3 that started mid 2010 is coming to an end.

best guess on s&p futures is either 2980 or 3320.

once it finishes there should be a move down towards ~2000

area. this is likely to take over a year to play out from the

wave 3 top.

HH

fti it looks like a pull back from 3320-3350 might

be in play soon. I've change my 4th wave prediction

(with new data) to be more likely in the range of 2820

plus or minus 200 points. current time frame for this

pull back to finish would be sometime in the 2nd

quarter this year.

(there should be an opportunity to short from 3300-3350

sometime this week. edit make that from above 3280)

HH

• 3 weeks later...

For the longest time I would not believe it but matrix moment has happened since the outbreak of the corona virus

image.png.366e69efd6fbb275af54f6edb560c4c7.png

https://in.tradingview.com/markets/indices/quotes-major/

Look at how stock markets around the world reacted to global pandemic (Dow, Nasdaq, S&P, FTSE 100, DAX, SMI, Nifty, HSI) all been supported by central banks around the globe either pumping liquidity in the system or directly buying into the stock markets. Unbelievable even managed to suppress the VIX index should be sky rocketing with uncertainty about the future. On the 14th January switch over my entire portfolio from equities into bonds still unbelievable keep getting bad news daily basis about corona virus and many companies cancelling corporate events and having supply chain issues but does not even phase the US markets.

Markets setting new highs after an initial selloff was always VERY likely to happen.

As a student I market history I long ago learn that whenever there is a shock the market sells off but then rebounds HIGHER than where it was before the shock. Study the market during 9/11, or the London Terror attacks, or last month's Iran missile strikes and you will see this is true. Every time. 

I took the oppotunity to move more of cash position into equities.

Longer term view however is that equity valuations are now beginning to detach themselves from earnings growth. We may be near a final top, or we may have upside left yet, but if that is the case it will be driven by bubble like characteristics:

I would not be in too big of a hurry to short the market right now. The weak hands have been shaken out thanks to the Coronovirus selloff, and the fresh money will take a few months before it becomes stale. Higher highs are quite likely for a few months yet.

Added 0 minutes later...

I would not be in too big of a hurry to short the market right now. The weak hands have been shaken out thanks to the Coronovirus selloff, and the fresh money will take a few months before it becomes stale. Higher highs are quite likely for a few months yet.

Added 0 minutes later...

Added 0 minutes later...

Added 0 minutes later...

Added 0 minutes later...

Added 0 minutes later...

Added 0 minutes later...

1 hour ago, vand said:

Excellent advice to many people have been burnt by trying to make money by shorting the stock markets because of central bank intervention. I have taken steps to protect gains in Nifty 50 made in the last four months.

image.png

• 4 weeks later...

It appears that the Saudis have switched from trying to support the oil price through limiting production to the opposite strategy of raising production in order to bankrupt the shale producers. Without support, there are many marginal oil producers that will not cope with sub $30 oil. Some may have hedged their output, but that won't last for long.

On the upside, cheap oil is good for other industries, including mining.

I have been waiting for the markets to crack for the last 5 years, coronavirus started the fall now the Saudis & Russia are in a spat over oil prices which have led to a 30% fall in oil prices. London markets & European markets in freefall.

It will be very interesting to see where wall street is on opening this afternoon. I wouldn't be surprised to see a 10% plus drop at the bell.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

PPT will be evaluating whether it is worth letting the market sort itself out (which is the correct thing to do in order to correct the madness of the last year or so) or intervene to stem the flow. Maybe some brave ‘think it is the bottom” buyers at these levels......basically, everyone is shitting themselves, no matter what they decide to do.

1 hour ago, Oldun said:

PPT will be evaluating whether it is worth letting the market sort itself out (which is the correct thing to do in order to correct the madness of the last year or so) or intervene to stem the flow. Maybe some brave ‘think it is the bottom” buyers at these levels......basically, everyone is shitting themselves, no matter what they decide to do.

I would not be calling a bottom until at least the 150

point fall implied by the vix futures spike last night

have made it into the numbers of the s&p 500. ie the

s&5 500 should be trading around 2680.

HH

5 hours ago, goldking said:

Who saw that coming?

Look at my posts above on this thread I did see a top in the markets forming but no way I could seen the global sell we experiencing right now. Always good to take a global view don't just think terms of isolation what the UK/US markets doing. Look at historical charts of Niffy50 and HSI they hit peak price 14th January and the US markets still continued to climb for several weeks afterwards. I was scratching my head thinking have I made the right call to switch my entire portfolio from stocks into bonds but I started to following Chris Martenson's on Peak Prosperity YouTube channel and he called it on the 27th January time to prepare. After that date I knew I had made the right call and all doubt was gone.

6 hours ago, Abyss said:

Look at my posts above on this thread I did see a top in the markets forming but no way I could seen the global sell we experiencing right now. Always good to take a global view don't just think terms of isolation what the UK/US markets doing. Look at historical charts of Niffy50 and HSI they hit peak price 14th January and the US markets still continued to climb for several weeks afterwards. I was scratching my head thinking have I made the right call to switch my entire portfolio from stocks into bonds but I started to following Chris Martenson's on Peak Prosperity YouTube channel and he called it on the 27th January time to prepare. After that date I knew I had made the right call and all doubt was gone.

I wasn't referring to the market, I was referring to Robinhood.

Archived