• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Kookaburra F15 Privy

colindbeale

Hi,

Can anyone one help with information about the Kookaburra F15 Privy collection.

I first came across the F15 in 2013 but cannot find any exanples before that.  Was 2013 the first year of mintage?  Also, I cannot find a 2017 with the F15 privy, did they mint one that year? Finally does anyone know if Perth Mint intends to continue with the F15.

Thanks in advance

Kind Regards

Colin 

What I can find is this.

F15 = Fabulous 15  is a "Silver Coin program".

The International Commemorative Coin Program known as Fabulous 15 consists of a collection of silver coins and aims to promote the culture of each participant country. This series gathers the most important countries with a long-lasting numismatic tradition such as Spain, Canada, Mexico, Austria, the United Kingdom, France, China, and South Africa.

Small notice on Perth mint blogg:

http://www.perthmintbullion.com/Blog/Blog/13-01-24/2013_Silver_Bullion_Privy_Mark_Coin_Releases.aspx

2014 it appers to be the Kangaroo. 2014 Australia 1 oz Proof Silver Kangaroo (F15 Privy)

Here you find there is a F12 also.

http://silverbullionworld.com/collectorkangaroo.html

A privy is a small additional picture or logo added usually to the reverse side of a coin. The Perth Mint Kookaburra collection and also the Canadian Maple Leaf  plus various other bullion coins often mint additional coins with these privy marks to differentiate them from the standard bullion.  There is often a slight (sometimes very slight) additional premium attached to these coins because the mintage is always lower than the standard bullion.  The Kookaburra's have a long history in producing privy coins and if you look on Ebay you will usually find a fair selection for sale.  The F15 privy was simply the characters F15 stamped on the coin, follow this link for examples https://www.macquariemint.com/2018-fabulous-15-silver-collection.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Colin

Hi @colindbeale 

I am one of the rare collectors of the  kookaburra F15 privys . There are very few of us about mainly due to the difficulty getting them..and tgey carry quite a premium. 

2013 was the first year and there has been one every year since..

I've just indulged myself and boxed mine 😁

Al

20180914_121852.jpg

20180914_121833.jpg

3 hours ago, Kookaburracollector said:

Hi

I also collect the F15 kooks but do find the premium a little uncomfortable. Could anyone tell me where I can buy the 2018 from ( based in UK). 

Not seen it anywhere in the UK as yet, just the European places and eBay, and as you say the premium is high. Mine came from Germany, which seems to be a source for most. 

On 23/09/2018 at 19:19, colindbeale said:

Hi,

Can anyone one help with information about the Kookaburra F15 Privy collection.

I first came across the F15 in 2013 but cannot find any exanples before that.  Was 2013 the first year of mintage?  Also, I cannot find a 2017 with the F15 privy, did they mint one that year? Finally does anyone know if Perth Mint intends to continue with the F15.

Thanks in advance

Kind Regards

Colin 

Think very carefully before spending lot's of money on this sort of coin,do more research,plan a strategy,ask yourself how are you going to sell this sort of numismatic.

I am not anti numismatic,but you have to position yourself in the 10% who are successful, and not the 90% who never make a profit.

I've been doing some light research in the f15 collection as a whole not just kooks. 

Looks to me the coins can change yearly and don't need a f15 privy to make the list. In 2014 if I'm correct only 5 out of 15 coins had the privy mark.

With such a volatile collection i think i will give these a miss and stick with my regular kooks. 

13 hours ago, StackemHigh said:

I've been doing some light research in the f15 collection as a whole not just kooks. 

Looks to me the coins can change yearly and don't need a f15 privy to make the list. In 2014 if I'm correct only 5 out of 15 coins had the privy mark.

With such a volatile collection i think i will give these a miss and stick with my regular kooks. 

Yes your right, although every year since 2013 the kook has had the F15 privy , and in my opinion being one of the premier annual coin releases and most popular should keep it, but no guarantees with anything.

It's one of the things I collect purely because I'm a collector, I have many things I stack purely for weight or flipping later on. 

I've got my straight forward date run and the various modern privys as well as the P20s...  It's interesting that after such a proliferation of privys in 2017 there was only the dog in 2018...

Al

• 3 years later...