• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

making my own bars

sackson

ive been looking in to making my own bars  i know what i need to get started on its something i always wanting to try to make my own. but main issue sourcing the silver grain needed to make it, due living in the u.k its hard to find a source that that does not over charger first before the vat.

for example cheapest ive found was £0.44 per gram before vat which take it about £0.53 worst one was about £0.73 without vat. i wondering  if anyone know a good source for silver casting grain and that they could give me some good tips about doing your own pours as im totally knew to this. i dont plan on selling them its just something i want to get in to as a hobby maybe down line i might sell them.

And what about using the cheapest coins you can find?

On that note, is it even possible to use coins..?
I'm also interested in casting and was wondering, also because of the price of the silver grain, if that is as usable as grain.

I still have some dirty and spotted philharmonikers laying around.

14 minutes ago, StackinJack said:

And what about using the cheapest coins you can find?

On that note, is it even possible to use coins..?
I'm also interested in casting and was wondering, also because of the price of the silver grain, if that is as usable as grain.

I still have some dirty and spotted philharmonikers laying around.

You can cut up coins easily enough with tinsnips and a blowtorch, I used to do this quite a bit. 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

I have heard BYB saying that he has had to repour bars so I assume that a bar can easily be re-melted.  

If a bar can be re-melted than a coin can be re-melted.

If you re-melted a coin then you will be a dude.

Then no more milk spots. 

Don't even use "coins", use the cheapest "rounds" you can find.

Round = non-government coin.

Added 0 minutes later...

I've made jewelry from coins before, it's easy .. any household blowtorch gets to a high enough temperature to melt silver, it has a low melting point.

1 minute ago, Lowlow said:

I've made jewelry from coins before, it's easy .. any household blowtorch gets to a high enough temperature to melt silver, it has a low melting point.

Actually I need to correct this ... I did NOT use a propane torch, I used acetylene, which isn't exactly a "household blowtorch".

3 hours ago, Lowlow said:

Don't even use "coins", use the cheapest "rounds" you can find.

Round = non-government coin.

Rounds tend to be more expensive in the EU.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

16 minutes ago, sackson said:

@BackyardBullion  thanks for the video,  certain gives a bit more space in to what to buy to melt down for what i need . do you have any tips on casting silver ?

Learn by doing is my best bet. Get some silver and start melting, you will make mistakes and learn. Watch as many youtube videos about it as possible and copy them. Monkey see, monkey do - that is how I got started. 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

Archived