• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Small dent on silver bars.

latinomanz69

You do not say what brand of kilo bar this is.

If this were a PAMP Fortuna bar then it could be significant.

Send a photo of the dents and the bars - we will be able to advise then. Unless your bars are art bars like kilo PAMP Fortuna bars the dents are irrelevant. This is the beauty of bars.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Like this? - a small dent is neither here nor there.

1-kilogram_slab.thumb.png.53b29a557cff37152cb6acf079a6adc5.png

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

29 minutes ago, latinomanz69 said:

Look at the top right.

silver.jpg

When you said “dent” I expected a dent. Something that happened from a drop maybe. That’s not a dent but a dimple. It happens in the casting process sometimes. In my experience it’s peefectly natural but the resident expert in pouting silver @BackyardBullion Might be able to explain this fenominon better. 

If anything i would say this is a slight positive for the bar. It makes the bar slightly unique. These 'imperfections' are part of the spectrum of bars which are molded/poured as opposed to pressed.

Nothing to worry about at all.

4 hours ago, latinomanz69 said:

Look at the top right.

silver.jpg

During the cooling process silver shrinks and flows from the warmer surface to the colder base and side. BYB uses this to great effect by slowing down the cooling process and moving the mold. Your bar was probably cast in a more controlled vacuum cast process, to achieve a smooth surface in such a large bar; that's why it has this convex surface and only a small cooling dimple. 

Wouldn't bother me. 

I thought the good thing about bars are that they can be handled or cleaned without worry about anything.

I've never heard of people collecting bars.  The only thing that would bother me about bars is the potential for fakes. 

2 minutes ago, RoughDog said:

Wouldn't bother me. 

I thought the good thing about bars are that they can be handled or cleaned without worry about anything.

I've never heard of people collecting bars.  The only thing that would bother me about bars is the potential for fakes.

I collect them for their material, bars tend to have a lower premium than coins and coins can be fake too.

Archived