• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Ziploc bag from APMEX

latinomanz69

6 hours ago, latinomanz69 said:

Hello,

I ordered some second-hard platinums 1oz bars, most of them came in an plastic APMEX case and sealed except for 1 which came in a little ziploc bag, the bar looks fine though.

Is it something I would worry about?

Thanks.

Are you being serious?

6 minutes ago, latinomanz69 said:

If I take the time to post a question here, it is because I am being serious, this is my first time investing in precious metals, that is why I ask these questions which may seem trivial to some.

APMEX basically did you a favor with the ziploc bag. Easy in, easy out in case you wanna play with your silver. I take all of my silver out of the apmex bags because they don’t fit in tubes or cases etc. the apmex bags do not qualify as original mint packaging if that’s what you’re wondering. How’s that for serious?!

4 minutes ago, 999magnum said:

APMEX basically did you a favor with the ziploc bag. Easy in, easy out in case you wanna play with your silver. I take all of my silver out of the apmex bags because they don’t fit in tubes or cases etc. the apmex bags do not qualify as original mint packaging if that’s what you’re wondering. How’s that for serious?!

ok, this is my first order, so I did not know.

1 minute ago, latinomanz69 said:

ok, this is my first order, so I did not know.

Yeah basically if it’s bullion it MIGHT come in a plastic bag, plastic flip, cardboard/ plastic blister packaging. Those are mainly to protect the coin or the outer packaging of the coin during storage/transport. 

Added 0 minutes later...

You really should give an introduction of yourself...if you’re serious 😂

Hmm....now that’s different I think. Are they supposed to be the same exact silver? I mean when you bought, you clicked 2 on the amount?

edit: ok nvm. Those are secondary bars which that’s why the packaging is different. Yep that’s what happens with secondary market buys. 

2 minutes ago, latinomanz69 said:

On the amount I clicked 6, and five of them came like the one on the left and 1 of them like the one on the right.

So they are secondary market priced because the packaging or the bars themselves might have imperfections, scratches, dings, but same platinum. 

1 minute ago, latinomanz69 said:

But have you ever had one from APMEX come in a zipper bag like the one on the picture?

Yes. Just a few months ago that’s how apmex used to ship mainly. The sealed plastic bags are relatively new and it brings absolutely nothing to the value. If you’re worried if that one oz might not be true, don’t be worried. It’s just packaging so they can slap that paper sticker on it instead of the bar itself. You made a very nice purchase. Enjoy them!

Bullion shops don't care one way or the other when you sell.

Added 0 minutes later...
Just now, Lowlow said:

Bullion shops don't care one way or the other when you sell.

I mean ... if you decide to beat it with a sledgehammer, try not to mess up the mint marks and purity mark, but otherwise they don't care ...

Archived