• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Hello world

fiveshotdon

Hi all,

From the UK, I got into silver stacking a couple of years back after a friend recommended it. Not been stacking much lately other than picking up lunars and queens beasts as they come out.  I am just starting to get back into stacking metal again.

You might see a few of my items for sale on the forum as I'm changing my strategy up.

This looks like a great forum to be a part of 👍

1 minute ago, Stu said:

Hi and welcome, what were you old new stratagies if you don't mind sharing, would be interested to hear.

My old strategy was no strategy, I made the standard mistakes a lot of early stackers make and I have ended up with a mixed bag of silver that is worth a lot less than what I paid for it.

1. making lots of small orders and wasting money on shipping (buying from UK 😳)

2. putting all my coins in capsules (they don't prevent milk spots and are a waste of money for bullion silver coins)

3. buying single higher premium coins because I liked the look of them

4. buying small bars for high premiums (again because I liked the look of them)

5. getting into a series late and paying HUGE premiums for the coins iv missed.

I now want to cleanup my stack so I am selling off my bars, privy marked coins, lunars, world coins and I will be concentrating on stacking a foundation of UK minted coins as close to spot as possible. I will be making larger orders less often from Europe and only buying in tubes. I am stacking it for weight to hold long term and I won't be worrying about milk spots ruining my premiums.

I may pickup a bulk order of other coins if I think a particular coin will do well but the intention will be to sell them on not to hold for the long term.

@fiveshotdon sounds like you've learned a few lessons there mate. Not very many folks go from collector to stacker, usually the other way about. I'm a stacker myself although not made any purchases for some time now. 

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

Archived