• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Brits vs Gold Sovs

Kritika

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Abyss said:

@ShadowStack produced YouTube video related to gold size.

"Best gold coin size to buy"

Almost 14 minutes long and the only thing he said was that 1oz was his personal preference, the sweet spot, but it's actually down to the individual.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

6 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

"Best gold coin size to buy"

Almost 14 minutes long and the only thing he said was that 1oz was his personal preference, the sweet spot, but it's actually down to the individual.

I completely agree, it’s a totally individual choice.

Just imagine if we all liked and did the same things, what a boring old world this would be 😜

3 hours ago, Jumbosausage said:

I'm just starting out but I'm going 1/4 oz Brits over the Sovs in gold for no other reason than to keep everything in ounces like with the silver. 

You cant go wrong with 1/4 oz  Brit or Sov, the bit you can get wrong is when you buy them.

• 4 months later...

Using a popular UK dealer for current sov pre-owned mixed dates buy and sell prices : -

(£251.60 - £234.17) = £17.43 per coin.
(31.1g / 7.315g) = 4.2515  coins per ounce.
4.2515 * £17.43 = £74.10 spread per ounce.

I much prefer ounce coins myself but can't afford them 😫

What annoys me about purchasing 1 oz Gold in the UK for the best deals you have to buy 100+ coins.

Gold spot price GBP £1004 Baird & Co 2019 Britannia £1032.68 works out at a premium 2.7% (if you have £155K).

image.thumb.png.bbc908cb31d3cca4e2e38dc70b260786.png

European Mint 1,187 Euros or £1037

image.png.43440075a48b4d49c799edd7ab2e49fa.png

image.png.7d59bbb7688e34d0ff43312f0a9c5a89.png

Best method obtain 2.7% premium over spot price of gold or lower email the Europeanmint ask them price match the most competitive UK dealer then ask for a further £4.00 reduction per 1 oz coin to cover cost of transferwise and they will at least negotiate on price (none of the UK dealers willing to do with generic 1 oz bullion gold). Next step add this custom quote to the Group Orders to reduce postage costs.

I have ordered 30 oz Gold from Europeanmint four months ago (Falcon/Bull/Unicorn) and they did price match and I paid 2.5% over spot as premium at the time. Maybe they only price match because it was larger order but even if I was going to buy just a single 1 oz gold coin I would negotiate the price. I believe dealers buying their gold (generic bullion) from the Royal Mint 1.5% over spot.

Just the strategy adopted to buying 1 oz physical gold in the UK.

Archived