• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Bullion Book: Silver Coins for Collectors and Investors,

caloundracats

Written by a fellow forum member, this is a great book to own.

As a service to the community, I have managed to acquire a limited number of these books in English from the author at cost price.

Within the UK £10 including P &P. Outside of UK, please message for shipping costs. PPFF or BT.

Review as below.

https://www.coinworld.com/voices/louis-golino/2017/12/bullion_book_new.html

Please message me if interested.

Sorry Mods if in the wrong category. Please feel free to move accordingly.

1.JPG

2.JPG

For those members in the EU the cost including postage is 15 Euros.  Happy to accept payment via PPFF in Euros to help you out. Of course if you want to pay in sterling that would be ideal.

Added 0 minutes later...

Other countries, happy to provide a quote giving you various options of delivery.

@ Coinosseur,

I received the book last week and really like it.  The layout and information provide a good resource for bullion collectors.  There are a few "omissions" that you might want to consider in future editions.  The countries of Andorra (Eagles), Gabon (Springbok), Kazakhstan(Snow Leopards), Russia (St. George), and Ukraine (Archangels) have also produced series of bullion coins.  Additionally, some countries have produced "one off" bullion coins such as Suriname.  I don't know if the scope of your book would eliminate these from being listed, but they are worthy considerations for additions.  The rarity tables in the back of the book were a nice addition and by and large I agree with your assessments.  However, when it comes to the Maple Leafs and US Silver Eagles there are certain years which command substantial premiums by virtue of rarity.  You accurately assessed the key dates in the Libertad series, giving the 1999 Libertad a rarity rating of 3 (mintage: 95K), but in the maple leaf the key date of 1997 only has a mintage of 100K with a rarity rating of 1 star.  It routinely sells to collectors for between 3X and 4X spot.  The 1996 Silver Eagle is the key date in that series and it routinely sells at 2.5X to 4X spot.  A reexamination of the rarity ratings for those series might be beneficial.  Overall, though, great book, and I look forward to future editions with updates.

@caloundracats, my “Bullion Book” arrived safe and secure today...thank you very much for the opportunity to add this to my growing references.

@coinosseur, excellent book thus far, which is a great resource to help me with my limited silver collection. I tend more towards gold, but I can already tell that this will be very informative in helping make my silver collecting decisions.

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/09/2018 at 03:25, CadmiumGreen said:

@caloundracats, my “Bullion Book” arrived safe and secure today...thank you very much for the opportunity to add this to my growing references.

@coinosseur, excellent book thus far, which is a great resource to help me with my limited silver collection. I tend more towards gold, but I can already tell that this will be very informative in helping make my silver collecting decisions.

Thank you for the feedback ! Maybe there will be a Gold Bullion Book in the future? That is a problem because of the images, I took all photos of the Silver Book from my collection, but I don't have a pile of Gold Coins to image 🙂

10 hours ago, coinosseur said:

Thank you for the feedback ! Maybe there will be a Gold Bullion Book in the future? That is a problem because of the images, I took all photos of the Silver Book from my collection, but I don't have a pile of Gold Coins to image 🙂

Please do a book on silver bars, I would happily photograph my complete set of Sheffield Assay Office bars, and I am sure other members would do the same for free also of their vast and varied collections.

To narrow it down there could be 2 volumes, cast/poured bars and minted bars.

16 minutes ago, caloundracats said:

Last two copies available. 

Message me if interested.

Great resource to have.

Posting Monday.

I will take another babes if you have one left, for my daughter, I was going to give her mine when I finished with it but I like it more than I thought and have decided to keep it :P

Give members who dont have a copy yet priority though ;)

No problem.

I'll give other  members till Monday then it's yours' I have two copies left so if they don't get a move on, tough. Can't hang around forever.

Was going to put the last few on ebay if no one here wanted them. In Germany they are double the price on ebay. But as you know, as a service to the community they are at cost plus shipping from Germany and postage within the UK. In fact, if anything, I've done myself out of  money by tossing in the jiffy bags.

Hey, what goes around, comes around.

Better give me your address again. If no one contacts me by Sunday night, I'll pop it in the post for you and let you know so you can put the money in my PayPal FF account.

Cheers,

Cathy

Archived