• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD CHEAP AS CHIPS ?

GrahamDiamond

Anyone who makes a prediction is guessing. These days it depends on how the GBP fares against the USD, so the Brits essentially have to look as two markets.

Even though the GBP/Gold chart looks like the price is at the apex of a triangl,e I'm not convinced that GBP/Gold charts are actually releavent to read, given gold's relationship with the USD first and foremost.

Sorry for the lack of an answer. I guess the answer is dependant on GBP performance and how you think IT'S outlook is.

I would buy some before 26th sept fed rate decision. it's difficult to

pick the exact lows but buying at strategic times close to an

educated guess of a possible low is the best I can come up with

currently. £ can strengthen against the $ but if the dollar weakens

then I'm guessing any £ strength versus gold should be short lived.

HH

looks like my opinion has already been covered in above posts.

In the short term, i think all bets are off until Brexit is decided. As this will be a big influencer on the GBP/USD. The pound could rally for a good deal, or plumet at a bad one. The buying power could swing either way even if the spot price is static.

Some of us will predict higher. some will not. some of us (hello) dont currently give a flying rabbits white socks and are buying for a term so long i will have to explain what Brexit was to the people i am selling to!

I guess the fact that the price is still going down and inflation is going up and money is still being printed around the world means that gold is really really cheap and even at £900 today just as good value as £700 3 years ago, maybe even better. 

It’s money insurance in my eyes. 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

Archived