• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Queen's Beasts premiums

FoolzGold

Interesting Queen's Beasts pricing from GSBe on the day that the gold bullion Falcon has gone on sale.

Prior to the Falcon release, a week or two ago, the margins on the coins were as follows:

Bull : 3.5%
Unicorn : 3.5%
Dragon : 6%
Griffin : 32.5%
Lion : 35.6%

Today, the margins are currently:

Falcon: 5.4%
Bull : 3.7%
Unicorn : 5.8%
Dragon : 21.5%
Griffin : 48.3%
Lion : 40.7%

So they've kept the previous release stable (as previously) but introduced the Falcon at a significant premium.

Otherwise, the Unicorn (nearing end of production) has now gone up slightly to the level previously reserved for the Dragon, which makes sense.

The Dragon has now jumped up significantly from 6% to 21.5%, which also makes sense for a coin out of production for some months now.

Strikingly, the Griffin currently has the highest premium of all, higher than the Lion, which is something I mentioned the other day as logical given the number of coins produced.

Their Falcon is priced a little high.  €10-15 higher than expected.  Based on their current price it would be cheaper (postage factored in) to buy from a UK dealer assuming their intro price is similar to that of the Bull.

5 hours ago, FoolzGold said:

Indeed, I was planning to place an order but I think I'll hold off on that one for now or buy it elsewhere if the price is cheaper. On the other hand there doesn't seem to be a special high premium on the silver bullion 2oz so I'll still order some of those.

Ordered my silver Falcon Beasts on GS.be as excellent price per oz but even with no extra cost in shipping, I still found Atkinsons cheaper for the gold Falcon.

There are no 1oz silver bullion Queen's Beasts, only 2oz and 10oz (with the 10oz versions significantly delayed). In gold there are 1oz and 1/4oz bullion coins.

In any case the bullion releases are unlimited and I don't believe they've even begun delivery yet. All the listings you see are probably pre-orders at this point.

Basically you haven't missed the boat. It hasn't even arrived yet. :)

For the Gold 1oz Falcon, Coininvest is the cheapest I have found, for a single coin about £2 less than Atkinsons and then I spotted the hefty delivery charge!!! Agree Atkinsons is the cheapest - I love the QB series, but oh how I wish I had bought more of the Lion from day one, as I am sure we all do!

RMB is not always the best value, Price of QB Falcon - RMB £997.98 for a single coin, Atkinson’s £961.07 - I would much rather have that extra £36 in my bank account rather than the Royal Mint 👍But it varies from coin to coin so shop around and see who is cheapest for the particular coin you are after

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/09/2018 at 00:14, fiveshotdon said:

Do people not order direct from the royalmintbullion website?

Only when they are not ripping you off !

How can a dealer like Atkinsons or our EU suppliers GS.be, Coininvest etc undercut RMB prices adding in extra shipping and their business margins ?
I once called the RMB about a 10oz silver Beast asking how was it possible to purchase in the USA significantly cheaper than direct ( ignoring VAT ).
Their answer was that they are not responsible for setting dealer prices !

Unbelieveble answer - which dealer will sell at at a significant loss ?
This means the Mint is shipping gold and silver below their RRP so in other words they are profiteering whenever they can.
That's their business choice so that's why most, I assume, fellow stackers tend to shop elsewhere.

Archived