• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Sirius minerals shares

1 hour ago, 5huggy said:

Homework is always the key - - There are some serious "BIG HITTERS" - with VERY large interests - that are likely to "ensure" this moves forward .

They want BIG profits!😉

Is there anything you can share that supports that @5huggy? All I've found is some investors remaining bullish with nothing to back it up except for the fact work continues for now.

Without the 500m bond offering they are out of money in weeks. It makes absolutely no sense to me that they withdrew the issue when they need that £2.4bn loan from J.P. Morgan to finish the project. If that offer is still on the table it there was no reason to delay the bond issue until they are already out of money possibly unless they are trying to force government backing. Worryingly Sirius admits the availability of the £2.4bn is subject to other conditions, ‘not all of which are under the control of the company’.

Someone is going to make billions out of this no doubt, I am just not confident it is going to be Sirius and am preparing myself that the company may well fail.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@kimchi

NOTIFIED BENEFICIAL OWNERS

OWNER SHARES ISSUED DATE NOTIFIED %
The Capital Group Companies, Inc 452,788,148 11/07/2019 6.46%
Jupiter Asset Management Limited 327,719,269*   4.68%
Pelham Capital Ltd 353,589,292 23/05/2019 5.05%
Qatar Holding LLC 230,282,070 23/05/2019 3.29%
Citigroup Global Markets Ltd 353,342,655 28/08/2019 5.04%

DIRECTORS' BENEFICIAL INTERESTS

OWNER SHARES ISSUED %
Chris Fraser 123,747,368 1.77%
Russell Scrimshaw 45,645,005 0.65%
Thomas Staley 1,187,139 0.02%
Keith Clarke 899,144 0.01%
Jane Lodge 601,822 0.009%
Noel Harwerth 101,303 0.001%
Lord Hutton 30,856 0.0004%

The above table includes shares held by members of the directors’ immediate family and children who are under age, shares held by trusts where they or members of their family and children are beneficiaries and related companies. This table was accurate as at 1 July 2019.

AMERICAN DEPOSITORY RECEIPTS (ADR)

As at 9 August 2019, there was 29,025 ADRs with each ADR comprising 50 shares. This represents 1,451,250 Ordinary Shares or approximately 0.0207% of the issued share capital.

ISSUED SHARE OPTIONS

As at 16 July 2019, there were 24,023,568 unexercised share options in issue as set out in the table below:

NO. OF OPTIONS VESTING EXERCISE PRICE (PENCE) EXPIRY DATE
DIRECTORS
Mr Thomas Staley 1,552,497 Vested 29.0 20-Jan-25
Mr John Hutton 1,862,997 Vested 29.0 29-Jan-22
Mr Keith Clarke 1,862,997 Vested 29.0 22-Dec-23
VARIOUS MANAGEMENT & CONSULTANTS
Vested 16,157,584 Vested 10.1p to 33.8p 31-March-20 to 29-July-24
Not vested 2,587,494 26-Oct-19 33.8p 26-Oct-26
TOTAL 24,023,568

• 2 weeks later...

OMG!...just read all of this post for the first time, and it takes me back 12 years when I used to play Russian Roulette....sorry...invest in AIM stocks..yes I was in RRL at 4p, and sold some at 12p, lost loads on Angel Mining etc etc. My attitude towards risk is a little more conservative these days ..I NEVER buy a single stock..just funds in a sectors I like.

It’s still playing Russian Roulette..but with a revolver and not an automatic 😂!

Hope you get lucky and land 10x baggers one day..

A nice memory you have invoked.

No one wants to lend against the mines. You know what they say, when everyone is out, its time to get in. Perhaps not this particular share, but the sector, if you like a contrarian buy signal.

This one has been on the watch list for a while. Perhaps this company will be bought out by a larger company, that would be another signal. Otherwise issue new shares and dilute, or secure funding at higher cost? 

15 minutes ago, caloundracats said:

Wonder whether Gina Rhinehart's agricultural holdings may tempt her to increase her investment. Apparently, the world's richest women.

Possibly behind the "organised tree shake " today! amongst other's BTW

BERT WERT DUZ I NO!?????🤣

9 hours ago, 5huggy said:

Possibly behind the "organised tree shake " today! amongst other's BTW

BERT WERT DUZ I NO!?????🤣

Ah yes I had not thought of that, a conspiracy by the management to sabotage the company share price. An attempt to allow large investors to get in cheap, or for a larger company to buy them out. Does it not also say that management have questionable bearing/can be bought and do not have share holder interests in mind. Not sure the balance of the two is positive.   

I'm reading a lot of despair on the share boards about this one looks like some people went all in on the project, quite a few unsophisticated or not diversified investors. One guy was saying how he is local and drove past the site often, bought into the dream invested a lot of money and encouraged his granddaughter to invest, bad times. Another is talking about using his home equity to support the project if needed, madness. 

Hopefully it comes right, sentiment is destroyed and while it's just two holes in the ground sentiment is key. I'll be keeping an eye on this one, must be nearly time to buy. 

I have been reading posts on SM Forum's , seems like a lot of locals have put in vast amounts of money from there Pension pots and any other savings, hope this get's off the ground and starts to produce and Profit.  I have a small amount of shares with SM and other's, Prefer Funds myself.

57 minutes ago, KDave said:

I'm reading a lot of despair on the share boards about this one looks like some people went all in on the project, quite a few unsophisticated or not diversified investors. One guy was saying how he is local and drove past the site often, bought into the dream invested a lot of money and encouraged his granddaughter to invest, bad times. Another is talking about using his home equity to support the project if needed, madness. 

Hopefully it comes right, sentiment is destroyed and while it's just two holes in the ground sentiment is key. I'll be keeping an eye on this one, must be nearly time to buy. 

I bought Sirius quite some time ago- sold my holding and reinvested the small profit I made.

I live fairly local to these two very expensive holes in the ground.  Sentiment and anticipation of well paid and importantly, skilled employment on the horizon has driven enthusiasm to invest from the locals.  Coupled with the fact that just up the road at Boulby, there is a well established Potash mine that's existed for several decades, that employs a lot of people. It commenced Polyhalite extraction several years ago- the mineral that Sirius is hunting.  The Boulby mine extends many, many miles under the sea and there's over 500 miles of tunnel.  It's one of the deepest mines in the world- acquaintances who work there, have described pretty hellish conditions, including extreme heat.    

Several generations of families have been employed at Boulby, and I guess when you have spent your working life down there, digging what seems to be an endless supply of this mineral, then this has led to the unsophisticated investments you spoke of.  Also, workers were anticipating that the new modern mining practices would lead to better conditions at the new mine.    

I feel really sorry for these naive investors- and the community- underground there is the worlds largest deposit of this mineral- even the by-products are valuable- Rock Salt for the roads in winter for example.  

Let's hope that it will get financed and it eventually starts producing and provide some good quality well paid jobs.    

Archived