• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

jonrms

Very scary fake Pamp Suisse 1oz Silver bullion

Good vid again - an important topic, and the tripod and camera work has made a huge difference :)

I only mean this as positive/constructive feedback but maybe approach it like a lot of viewers will be as 'dumb' as I am :wacko: and explain the steps with the acid etc in advance (what you should expect to see) obviously without patronising those much more cleverer than what I is! I find BYB strikes the balance really well, but it's a learning experience, you are on a roll :)

Did you try a specific gravity test out of interest? That would have been worth mentioning too I think.

I heard yesterday that something like 1.6 billion people in the world live on less than a dollar or two a day, so I can understand why people do this. The thing I don't understand is why they make such obvious errors like having the cert code without a letter in front and the wrong fonts and pattern (on the 'bar') design :wacko:

21 minutes ago, Martlet said:

Regarding thumbs down, i dont understand why its even there, what its purpose is.  I get it for comments, but for the videos themselves if you dont like move on.

Comments can be deleted, thumbs down both save wasting people's time before watching and/or alert that it might disinfo, 'fake news', or simply clickbait etc.

I believe the thumbs down can help your video get more publicity. (Its wasn't me I am not trying to help, I left a thumbs up :P)

Its a high quality fake is it silver plated? Does the packaging make these bars an easy target perhaps, such as with graded coins there are lots of empty cases for sale on eBay. Hard to do the normal tests.

Edited by KDave

13 minutes ago, SILVERFINGER said:

I always give you a thumbs up it aint me, if its something I dont like or from someone I dont like I just dont watch it to start with.

Your 'scrotum playlist' is impressive (or so I've been told, as a pre-teen naturally I don't watch that kind of thing) :)

3 minutes ago, kimchi said:

Your 'scrotum playlist' is impressive (or so I've been told, as a pre-teen naturally I don't watch that kind of thing) :)

lol what you on about, I make sure I clear my internet history everynight, and I got a friend who will come and do it if I die :P

28 minutes ago, KDave said:

I believe the thumbs down can help your video get more publicity.

^This

I don't think thumbs down numbers really matter unless you get loads more of them than thumbs up.  Some of the top earning youtubers I watch always say "feel free to leave a thumbs down" because they know  it doesn't hurt them as they get 100x more thumbs up.

Everyone gets thumbs down, even our holiness lord backyardbullion, who wouldnt insult a fly, if you want to see real butthurt play world of tanks and see the entire worlds retards in one place, I had morons say they are going to kill my whole family, steal my goats, steal my potatoe, hack my account,  rape family members I have never had, wish that I get cancer and everyone I meet for the next 10 years, say that my mums private parts look like a vandalised bus seat, all because I beat them at a game :lol:, you have to get a thick skin my friend, yes sometimes something might get to you but just concentrate on those of us who matter that like your content and you yourself, regardless whether or not your uploads are rubbish, my missus gives me some shite sometimes, but when someone else did it she went nuts on them, afterwards I said I thought you would agree with them, only I can criticise you she said.

Only your friends and family matter, screw the rest.

3 minutes ago, SILVERFINGER said:

Everyone gets thumbs down, even our holiness lord backyardbullion, who wouldnt insult a fly, if you want to see real butthurt play world of tanks and see the entire worlds retards in one place, I had morons say they are going to kill my whole family, steal my goats, steal my potatoe, hack my account,  rape family members I have never had, wish that I get cancer and everyone I meet for the next 10 years, say that my mums private parts look like a vandalised bus seat, all because I beat them at a game :lol:, you have to get a thick skin my friend, yes sometimes something might get to you but just concentrate on those of us who matter that like your content and you yourself, regardless whether or not your uploads are rubbish, my missus gives me some shite sometimes, but when someone else did it she went nuts on them, afterwards I said I thought you would agree with them, only I can criticise you she said.

I 100% agree to this comment and think that developing thick skin against distasteful comments is needed in todays world. Though I will say, while I do not recall having comments like that said to me as of yet, I feel like if I get a comment like "Kill my whole family" I feel it at least reporting it because that feels like a serious threat to me. Regardless of whether you tell it to me face to face or over social media, I will treat it the same.

Though that might just be me overthinking this and probably should just treat it as white noise. 

1 minute ago, KotaNagant said:

I 100% agree to this comment and think that developing thick skin against distasteful comments is needed in todays world. Though I will say, while I do not recall having comments like that said to me as of yet, I feel like if I get a comment like "Kill my whole family" I feel it at least reporting it because that feels like a serious threat to me. Regardless of whether you tell it to me face to face or over social media, I will treat it the same.

Though that might just be me overthinking this and probably should just treat it as white noise. 

Its usually some pre-pubescent kid from some third world style EU country, let them come, I am always ready ;)

13 minutes ago, SILVERFINGER said:

Blimey - been thinking about how to dispose of the missus - seems playing 'World of Tanks' is the way to go!! 😊

Just now, Phil100 said:

Blimey - been thinking about how to dispose of the missus - seems playing 'World of Tanks' is the way to go!! 😊

The wife said "you know if I ever got alzhiemers I would commit suicide, rather than burden you with me" . 

I said "that's the fifth time you've said that today"

17 minutes ago, SILVERFINGER said:

if you want to see real butthurt play world of tanks and see the entire worlds retards in one place

Haha, I used to play that and you're spot on!  I used to wind the trolls up even further and started recording it with a view to starting a youtube channel but never got round to it.

1 minute ago, Goldhooked said:

Haha, I used to play that and you're spot on!  I used to wind the trolls up even further and started recording it with a view to starting a youtube channel but never got round to it.

I have my own clan on there, you dont have to be good, or play all the time to join, just like a laugh, I love watching Sgt Sizzles vids, he's a complete git and looney when playing online games but I think he is so funny.

LOL,

@kimchi No I didn't do a gravity test because I know it was a fake straight away. 

@Zhorro I bought this ALONG time ago on flea bay. All necessary checks carried out and I was refunded. The seller is no longer trading after my report. 

Trolls suck! But yes I do have thick skin. I think I know who it is and it's not a member.  It's to do with a bad review I gave. 

I tried to condense the video because most people only watch bits and bobs. The acid test is dangerous but not OMG it's going to cause you instant death... not with what I was doing. And yes I did spill some on my hand. OH NO!!! LOL 

I did have caustic soda on standby. And a eye wash as well. But I should have worn my gloves.  And if I want to go crazy a respirator too. 

I could have done that in my fumehood. Guess that's the safest option. Overkill. 

I did test the acid after the video on another piece of silver and it was blood red, so the Nitric and Muriatic acid ( Silver solution) worked fine.

Because I refine metals too, I will put this bar in a beaker and disolve it to find out it's components and metals. 

2 minutes ago, jonrms said:

LOL,

@kimchi No I didn't do a gravity test because I know it was a fake straight away. 

@Zhorro I bought this ALONG time ago on flea bay. All necessary checks carried out and I was refunded. The seller is no longer trading after my report. 

Trolls suck! But yes I do have thick skin. I think I know who it is and it's not a member.  It's to do with a bad review I gave. 

I tried to condense the video because most people only watch bits and bobs. The acid test is dangerous but not OMG it's going to cause you instant death... not with what I was doing. And yes I did spill some on my hand. OH NO!!! LOL 

I did have caustic soda on standby. And a eye wash as well. But I should have worn my gloves.  And if I want to go crazy a respirator too. 

I could have done that in my fumehood. Guess that's the safest option. Overkill. 

I did test the acid after the video on another piece of silver and it was blood red, so the Nitric and Muriatic acid ( Silver solution) worked fine.

Because I refine metals too, I will put this bar in a beaker and disolve it to find out it's components and metals. 

Did you have regular toilet breaks and remember to have a drink and eat while doing this video, those things are important too.