• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

jonrms

SILVER SILVER & SOMETHING Special

Super video, you have come so far in such a short space of time!

I loved the excitement you felt (and transmitted well) with these arrivals - that made it for me :)

A shame about the stamp - I'll get that 'negative' out the way first.

Really pleased you'll keep the Elephant and the Sunshine Round, I was almost screaming at the screen there lol.

Which 2016 Brits are those with the plain edge and inscription on the border? I did know, but I've forgotten, I've got too distracted from my core stack and delved into too many other supposed 'semi-numis' I think!?!

Great vid, really enjoyed, thank you :)

I think if memory serves me,  they have a pattern of ~ ~ on them. I will double check. I just seen shiny 2016 coins and thought nothing more. 

I need to try a steel plate perhaps this will give me a better strike. I use a Rubber block at the minute. 

7 minutes ago, jonrms said:

I think if memory serves me,  they have a pattern of ~ ~ on them. I will double check. I just seen shiny 2016 coins and thought nothing more. 

I need to try a steel plate perhaps this will give me a better strike. I use a Rubber block at the minute. 

Do check because they might be (currently) worth more than melt for Brits (disclaimer - I have no idea other than remembering it's a different coin to 'the usual'!)

The rubber block doesn't sound ideal, and seems a likely suspect (again just a guess) @BackyardBullion?

@jonrms

So, you will definitely need to get an anvil or at very least a jewellers block. 

Remarkably you can get an anvil off ebay for £50!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20Kg-Blacksmith-Steel-Anvil-Metal-Work-Bodyshop-Workshop-Welding-Milling/352383305951?epid=592359109&hash=item520bae88df:g:xYQAAMXQfj9SNCxc

You can get a jewellers bench block with a steel insert easily enough, this will be fine for small pieces

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-in-1-Steel-Bench-Block-4-with-Rubber-Base-Large-Jewellers-Flatten-J1102/351738854306?epid=1670636828&hash=item51e544fba2:g:6hUAAOSwwo1Xe6lT

Might I ask what kind of hammer were you using?

You need to have a fairly weighty one to do the job

I would recommend something like this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3LB-MINI-LUMP-SLEDGE-HAMMER-FIBREGLASS-SHAFT-RUBBER-GRIP-HANDLE-SLEDGEHAMMER/352267581126?epid=1304472839&hash=item5204c8b6c6:g:bYsAAOSwxOFabzuZ

Confidence is the key. You will get bouncing stamps if you dont hold them down hard enough. You also get bouncing stamps if you strike lots of times in a row. Do one, confident and strong strike to start it. You will then get the indent from the first blow and you can then reposition the stamp in the right place to get it working again. 

Good luck with future pieces!

Ok, Anvil.   No,  I have been using my heavy duty work bench but I will pick one up if the other 2 things don't work.

I have a Rubber block like above, but there is no steel plate. So I will grab one. 

I have been using a 1.5 and a 2lb hammer. But 3lb seems right. 

Are you putting your pieces on the steel? 

1 hour ago, jonrms said:

Ok, Anvil.   No,  I have been using my heavy duty work bench but I will pick one up if the other 2 things don't work.

I have a Rubber block like above, but there is no steel plate. So I will grab one. 

I have been using a 1.5 and a 2lb hammer. But 3lb seems right. 

Are you putting your pieces on the steel? 

So, stamping on hard rubber is very difficult. I would suggest you start with stamping them onto steel if you have a flat bottomed piece it won't damage the bars. If you have a 3d design of course it will be more difficult. 

You need to put some serious force into holding the stamp and a good hard whack from the hammer. Only one whack at a time then reset. 

Ok, I will get 5he piece of steel, but I was worried about the 3d effect from the round I am making. I will need to consider possition and I will practise after i get it find a heavier hammer. 

Thanks bud for your help. 

Jon

@BackyardBullion  Just bought a 4 x 4 x .75 inch steel top for my rubber pad.

I also ordered from the com0any a 7mm to be made for other pieces. 

And I bought 2 hammers just for this. 2.5 lbs and a 4 lbs. Both lovely with wooden shafts. 

Ohhh and off track ordered another fire extinguisher and blanket to be safe. Just incase!!!! Lol 

Just now, jonrms said:

@BackyardBullion  Just bought a 4 x 4 x .75 inch steel top for my rubber pad.

I also ordered from the com0any a 7mm to be made for other pieces. 

And I bought 2 hammers just for this. 2.5 lbs and a 4 lbs. Both lovely with wooden shafts. 

Ohhh and off track ordered another fire extinguisher and blanket to be safe. Just incase!!!! Lol 

Great stuff. 

You will like the video coming out in the next 20 minutes! It is all about stamping. 

I swear you have cameras in my house and workshop. LOL

I look forward to it. I have done plenty of pouring but NEVER stamped. 

I don't need to but it adds a quality with our products , arts bars.

Waiting .... lol

You mean ONLY 1.  Ummm several. I am sure the globe moves

And I seen my bars bouncing like a Mexican jumping bean.

Ooh and the shiny eagle bar keep spinning in it's axis. Lol

2 minutes ago, jonrms said:

You mean ONLY 1.  Ummm several. I am sure the globe moves

And I seen my bars bouncing like a Mexican jumping bean.

Ooh and the shiny eagle bar keep spinning in it's axis. Lol

Just you wait buddy, with my last order I got a 'free' drone photo of myself in the shower :o

1 hour ago, jonrms said:

LOL, it's not him who flys drones. That's me LMAO. 

Blimey so my nudey shots are being passed around on here then eh? :o I've been watching the thread in the Premium Members' Members section but it's all been a bit quiet since 'the@SILVERFINGER collection'.

:ph34r:

I would love a drone, they look awesome :)

13 minutes ago, kimchi said:

Blimey so my nudey shots are being passed around on here then eh? :o I've been watching the thread in the Premium Members' Members section but it's all been a bit quiet since 'the@SILVERFINGER collection'.

Look back in my video history. You will see a selection of a few... LOL.

The unmanned aircraft.... or Multirotors as I like to call them are great fun, and can capture fantastic pictures and videos not often seen by people other than pilots.

Being lucky enough to have been a pilot, and a RC pilot for decades, I would say that they are the easiest and most rewarding things to fly. As long as you can do basic programming. OR buy the simple models like DJI which offer a great range of multirotors. I still build them but put them on hold for my wood working and pouring..... they were bogging me down, I honestly had a workshop FULL of parts and accessories costing 10s of thousands. So I moved most and will go back to building the odd one and just flying and enjoying them instead of building them for people or repairing there broken multirotors. I did it more as a favour than anything else.

3 hours ago, kimchi said:

What silverfinger© collection :o

3 minutes ago, SILVERFINGER said:

What of you ? laid in a bath full of baked beans ?

No of you mate, and I must say I thought I'd seen it all :o

Fair play though, you must be the first man (still) alive to take internal drone shots (bit yukky like but...interesting :ph34r:).

:)