• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

US Mid-term Election

With the US elections just around the corner, it is becoming more and more likely that democrats will overwhelmingly win. This would lead to the overturning of Trumps disgusting racist policies, but more importantly, it will re-institute regulations for corporations and restore rational tax levels for the top 1%. With this in mind, there has been a large flood away from commodity investment, into cash flow stocks. This is only temporary as the artificial improvement in stocks is only going to be temporary. Because, again, when the taxes and regulations return, the profit margins will return to their previous levels. 

People don't learn. These ridiculous bubbles keep popping, because greedy idiots think there B.S. tax cuts will last forever. Or their deregulated market fuels their greed, and they speed their sector into a ditch.

So with silver prices dropping, I honestly believe people who are "right-wing", will flood back to precious metals when their status quo is disturbed. "the liberals are going to tax us into poverty, the economy will collapse if liberals are ever in power in any capacity....etc,etc."

I have said it before and will say it again. I initially began investing in silver when Donald Trump won the Presidential election. Because I knew people would be selling their silver and shifting into stocks. And when he inevitably did what he is currently doing, along with a republican congress, it would infuriate people who are generally independent or never voted before. Now as I work as a political activist, currently surveying independent voters, they HATE Trump.

This seems like a recipe for silver prices to rise over the next 2 to 3 years. 

Thank you for the interesting perspective, I was under the impression that the republicans would make gains in the mid terms, but I see now that Trumps approval ratings are very low. This is based on the polls however, so take with a pinch of Brexit salt. 

I understand that Trump has over turned the disgusting racist policies that Obama introduced that favoured Black and Hispanic people over White and Asian's getting into University. Skin colour over merit. Do you mean those disgusting racist policies will be brought back in? Or do you mean the separation of families at the border? That policy was brought in under Bill Clinton. Do you mean Trumps continued deportation of illegal immigrants? Obama set the record for that one. Which racist policies do you mean?

I understand the working economy is booming in the US thanks to the tax cuts, I can't see those going back up in a hurry unless for reasons of political gain from the fallout... I would be content to see this sabotage, it makes sense to collapse the economy with Trump at the helm, there really isn't a better time, or a better president to pin it on. Ride the blue wave. :D

The one thing Iearned about US polls and our polls here in the UK as well for that matter is they are designed to shape opinion rather than reflect opinion, I would not believe these polls for a second, remember Clinton was a 95% certainty to win the Presidency. I must admit I was under the impression that there would be a red wave rather than a blue wave myself.

Don't think the mid terms actually mean alot it's a perfect opportunity for a protest vote if needed and if markets react to it in much of a way then it's an overreaction imo It's just one of those things where day traders/bankers make money give it a week later and markets will be back to where they were before the mid term hubbub 

If the Dems win the house they can keep this Trump impeachment pressure going on for as long as they want, if the Republicans win will the investigations into the FISA abuses get serious?  Personally I'm finding it all fascinating, it looks to be Watergate multiplied by a magnitude of 100 but is it Trump or Obama that gets to be Nixon?

With the US elections just around the corner, it is becoming more and more likely that democrats will overwhelmingly win.

The Democrats are a  dead party - they will not win.

Define racist and then what racist policies does Trump have?

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

True, the OP is compromised but the perspective shared here is one held by many in the US. I have seen a lot more to support the case for republican gains, but the recent approval ratings for Trump suggests a red wave may not be the case, especially given the nature of the mid term, which as matrawa said usually becomes a reflection of protest votes. Trumps lack of approval will generate a lot of protest votes. 

Considering the perception of popularity leading up to his win in 2016, we really can't trust anything right now.  Polls are inaccurate, they've proven that.  As the media is doom and glooming him constantly, we really don't know what the majority thinks, but we constantly hear what the minority thinks.  Mid term will tell for sure.  At least that is my take.

For the actual elections it was possible to tell the official media narrative was completely fake, they had Clinton as a 95% chance of winning but if you stood back and looked you could see Trump filling football stadiums while Clinton could not even half fill a school gym hall.  I can't help thinking the Dems have played their hand and Trump should really still have cards to play.

Archived