• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2019 kookaburra.... what have they done to the poor queen

Cornishfarmer

First reaction - as a Kook fan, I like it very much! It's both a return to the 'classic' designs after the last three and yet with a modern twist (that doesn't intrude too much) with the ripples on the lake.

It is quite 'busy' though! We shall have to see what the Privys will do on this one. I suspect the foliage on the right will have to be removed (not as big a change as last year, but big enough to remove design for a Privy once again).

11 hours ago, Cornishfarmer said:

But looks like they have gone down the IOM and Canada route and trying to make the queen look daft.

She does that well enough on her own, didn't you see the vid of her visiting the victims of the Manchester concert bomb blast in hospital and asking them if they enjoyed the concert? Or telling one of them 'isn't it lovely'? Mad old mare :wacko:

9 hours ago, Foolssilver said:

Love the new design! Not sold on the queen

Nor was Philip when the 60s arrived, by all accounts...

Yeah I remember at the time of her death, one royal corgi said to the other, 'I am glad she is dead' , wtf you on about the other says, she spoilt us rotten with treats and petting us, 'yeah well, we wont get the blame anymore for pissing on the furniture'.

The Australian portrait of Queenie was a positive - compared with the pig's ear on Canadian coins. This new one looks quite dodgy.

royal-australian-mint-2019-coin.jpg

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Good design on the Kook! Btw the video on YouTube says Lunar Pig bullion release date would be 10th September and Kooks would be released on 1st October. :)

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

8 minutes ago, Gildeon said:

I like the additional detail in the background.  As for the bird it's not bad but last year's was my favourite.

Lat year was quite 'disruptive' to the series - especially the Dog Privy, I liked it a lot too :)

I thought they were onto a good thing myself with 2016 and 2017 being less stylized, beautiful coins. 2019 is more 'traditional' but also very nice, so another series that it will be very interesting to watch develop!

Archived