• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Buying gold in the UK

scubajunky

HI All,

I have made some silver purchases. I am of the understanding that Gold purchases are exempt from VAT in the UK.

That being the case I assume that there is no advantage of buying from the EU like there is when you buy silver ? 

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks in advance

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

36 minutes ago, scubajunky said:

Great, thanks for the recommendation fellow flat earther !

I wonder what would happen to gravity at the edge of earth in the mind of a flat earther.  Maybe fall like an apple from a tree into oblivion because stars are above and no one knows what is below. 😁

Gravity is a theory, not proven, can be explained with buoyancy.

Prove curvature of the Earth. Time and time again it is not proven, if there is no curvature then how can we live on a globe?

Do you honestly believe we went to the moon 49 years ago? Nixon spoke to the Astronauts from the moon, I cant even get a signal on my street ! only picture of earth is from the Apollo mission which never happened. Now lets not get off topic and spoil the thread ! 

We all should know the UK is one of the best places to buy gold and there are plenty of good outlets which have been mentioned.

So now that is dealt with we have Flat Earth theory. i remember when videos constantly appeared on my youtube landing page and i had never looked at one of these videos.

It is true there are pretty much no photos of the Earth from space. The photo show evidence they are creations and they are not consistent. They are indistinguishable from CGI. This does not make the Earth flat.

We could not have gone to the Moon we did not have the technology. The astronuts may have gone into an Earth orbit.

The Flat Earth theory was an invention of the US so called security services. The Earth is an expanding globe but we don't hear about the expanding Earth b/c the Earth is expanding and we aren't suppose to hear the truth just diversions and distractions.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

2 hours ago, scubajunky said:

Gravity is a theory, not proven, can be explained with buoyancy.

Prove curvature of the Earth. Time and time again it is not proven, if there is no curvature then how can we live on a globe?

Your comment shows you do not understand the meaning of scientific theory, and makes me sad about the state of education system.  If you wish to disprove gravity, go right ahead with a long walk off a short pier.

To remain vaguley on topic, in a flat earth universe where there are no stars, where does the silver and gold come from?

To lighten the mood....and keep true to both topics....anyone that wants to comission a solid gold spherical planet earth, feel free to get in touch! Estimate is only about 11 Oz of gold!!

1264520580_288474353_IMG_20180603_190500(1).thumb.jpg.2e9767310acb66f5d4fdda9addc30340(1).jpg.3b62033546df93fb7c1fc6ea2f0afeeb.jpg

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

I realize I will not change any minds, but I can’t help myself to chime in about this flat earth shenanigans 🙂

As for the lighthouse argument: https://www.metabunk.org/debunked-flat-earth-claims-about-lighthouse-ranges.t7254/

Also, a rail gun doesn’t shoot in a straight line...

Please watch the video below and/or read a science textbook. Better yet, by all means, empirically try to prove a flat earth yourself instead of blindly following theories (of any side)

On a beautiful sunny day on a beach where the sun sets over the ocean, lay down flat and watch the sunset over the horizon. Just as that happens, jump up as fast as you can. Boom. You just saw the sun set twice in a day. Curvature. If you have a drone at you can easily replicate this several more times.

en,

th

I hope to visit UK some day and shop for some nice sovs... 

Re off topic 😉 

Dk3prvsXsAAfZtZ.jpg

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

How can the earth be flat if jet fuel can't melt steel beams?... Or something like that.

I must say I like the old-school approach of the Malcom Ellis website, I've seen his site before and meant to go to him to buy some gold but then completely forgot about it. I'm bookmarking it this time. I like businesses run the old school way, there is something honest to goodness about them.

Archived