• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

A small fishing boat to Fishguard or do we just drive over the border to Northern Ireland?

Tingles

If we leave the EU without a deal, do you think there’ll be an increase in smuggling of metals from Europe?  I presume ‘duty’ will be added to silver imported like from the US currently?

Interesting times...

2 hours ago, Tingles said:

If we leave the EU without a deal, do you think there’ll be an increase in smuggling of metals from Europe?  I presume ‘duty’ will be added to silver imported like from the US currently?

Interesting times...

I think there will be an increase of smuggeling of everything, the UK will be royally screwed. I'm no fan of the current 'democratic' EU-system with it's hand-tied parliament and the EU-commission that does everything behind clossed doors. Nevertheless the UK had one of the best/if not the best position within the EU and all control will now go to Germany first, France second. My poor friends and family in the UK will see different times with a hard Brexit :(

Any fundamental change like Brexit presents huge opportunities - legal and illegal.

Some arbitrage of goods and services is likely between the U.K. and EU whether legal or illegal. Smuggling - possibly if there is a hard Brexit.  But we won’t get back to the old days where gold was taxed in the U.K. and smuggling was an option (or even melting coins into bars and using a loophole to claim VAT back)

Personally I would prefer a hard Brexit but it will be a soft / medium compromise to ensure that neither the EU or U.K. is damaged as far as possible. Barnier has started talking “unprecedented deals” as of last night  - this is politics in action.

best

dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

Archived