• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Deals.....

HighlandTiger

This deal is for Chinese Numismatics namely the China Mint Fan Shaped Lunars.

There are some people who collect them or want to but can't find them at a decent price.  Very few dealers stock them and eBay prices can be high and then there's the dreaded VAT once it's imported from China or the USA.

Muenzenmueller.de has got a selection of the Fans at fairly decent prices.  There are 9 of the 12 from Series 1 (2000-2011).

Might be of interest to some especially the Tiger coin & Fan.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Silver deal, possibly not. HGM have a one kilo silver coin up for 25% over spot plus vat plus delivery. Unless it's a rare coin I can see them having that on their books for a while, they seem to have trouble shifting the silver bars currently also. Have they always been 25% for kilo coins?

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

Silver deal, possibly not. HGM have a one kilo silver coin up for 25% over spot plus vat plus delivery. Unless it's a rare coin I can see them having that on their books for a while, they seem to have trouble shifting the silver bars currently also. Have they always been 25% for kilo coins?

Silly pricing.

I have about 10 kilo coins, I'd happily sell for spot + 25% + 20% plus postage (currently around £515 plus delivery.

It'll be around for a while I think.

Silly pricing.

I have about 10 kilo coins, I'd happily sell for spot + 25% + 20% plus postage (currently around £515 plus delivery.

It'll be around for a while I think.

Stacker since 2013

11 hours ago, Stu said:

How can they charge 25% for the kg coin when they've got a kg bar for +14%?

They're not even saying what sort of coin it is "The Silver 1000g coin can be supplied from a number of different manufacturers."

These haven't been minted since 2012.

BU Kilo Libertad (2015) - mintage of 2,000 (according to APMEX).

http://www.silbertresor.de/product_info.php?info=p3547_Mexiko---Libertad-Siegesgoettin-2015---1-KG-Silber.html

Couldn't resist and have just snapped up the first of the 50 in stock. Delivery in 2-3 weeks.

With delivery it's about £15/oz (using Transferwise).

• 2 weeks later...

If you have no interest in Marvel Superheroes and hate coloured coins, then don't read any further.

MCM currently have  discounts on the 2015 5 coin Marvel sets.  I picked up the 2014 set for my lad but I've been waiting to see if this set would ever hit Europe to save on the VAT.  Unfortunately it never did but based on the current discount with import VAT, it would be comparable to the full price set on the margin VAT scheme from Germany.

I am tempted to get this for him too but it would be a few years before he receives them.  It does have a very niche market and this is reflected in the long availability of this and the previous set.

Greetingz,

Check your eBay accounts.

They have given me a 20% off anything voucher. It is only valid today (31/3/2016) from 4pm to 10pm.

I seem to have the voucher on 5 of my 6 accounts (but only one use per house hold), so check your accounts and see if you are in luck.

Sorry for posting this with not much time left but I only just found out.

Good luck with your vouchers guys.

On Saturday, March 26, 2016 at 10:00, morezone said:

If you have no interest in Marvel Superheroes and hate coloured coins, then don't read any further.

MCM currently have  discounts on the 2015 5 coin Marvel sets.  I picked up the 2014 set for my lad but I've been waiting to see if this set would ever hit Europe to save on the VAT.  Unfortunately it never did but based on the current discount with import VAT, it would be comparable to the full price set on the margin VAT scheme from Germany.

I am tempted to get this for him too but it would be a few years before he receives them.  It does have a very niche market and this is reflected in the long availability of this and the previous set.

Sorry excuse my maths, how much is it in total delivered to uk from mcm? For the set. 

3 minutes ago, whittington2308 said:

Sorry excuse my maths, how much is it in total delivered to uk from mcm? For the set. 

US$250 + US$50 shipping = US$300.  

Using approx exchange rate of 1.4. US$300 / 1.4 = £214.

+ 20% VAT £214 X 1.2 = £256

+£12 Fedex Cleance fee. £256 + £12 = £268.

I would say £270 or thereabouts.  Original issue was US$400 but was far too over priced.

Hmmm. Seems too rich for me, does that sort of thing hold its value? 

Definitely not. Collectable for Marvel/Avenger fans but everyone else should stay clear. They haven't sold out and they've had to cut the price by 30%. Even at this new price, it'll prob hang around for a long time still.

• 3 weeks later...

For anyone interested in collecting the 2oz BU Kooks 1992-2009 (18 coins) with box in one swoop rather than hunting them all down,

Aschoff Edementalle - Germany have a few sets at €1369 + €29 postage.

I'm not sure how much cheaper it is to hunt them down individually (private & eBay) as I haven't looked into current prices.

Archived