• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

Hi guys,

I’ve been with eToro for approximately 2 years now, and after building up (regular investments), then a period of drawdown (withdrawals, wife took a year off work for maternity), I am rebuilding my portfolio there. I also use HL for ISA purposes, but for more regular and smaller trades, I use eToro due to their fee system which facilitates frequent/smaller trades.

There are forex, commodities, equities and crypto’s and whilst I’ve dabbled in a few of these, I generally stick to equities - seems a much lower risk. I hold commodities physically, though have ‘hedged’ positions using ETFs in the past.

I’m currently bullish on UK equities; I anticipate the pound will strengthen at some point in the future and require a increase in GBP as that’s my daily currency!

My current preference is towards defensive stocks; the idea of quite high dividends from companies which are fundamental to every day life favours my long term strategy. E.g. United Utilities, National Grid. My current UU position is quite high; I’m aware of Labour’s plans, but anticipate they are playing the market so that their friends can build up positions.

I’m not looking to bore everyone here, but if you have any questionson my thoughts on eToro or future investment plans then please do ask. Also, if you use eToro, what do you think?

If you would like to copy me or view my trading information on eToro, then please let me know!

On 27/08/2018 at 19:26, ilovesilverireallydo said:

Their downtime on cryptos was such a pain I just stopped trading on them there. 

I keep Cryptos outdoor of any exchange, however I trust many exchanges struggled all through the iciness DigitalOcean SiteGround iPage

Edited by mp9000

On 27/08/2018 at 19:44, Mcgrimes said:

Hi guys,

I’ve been with eToro for approximately 2 years now, and after building up (regular investments), then a period of drawdown (withdrawals, wife took a year off work for maternity), I am rebuilding my portfolio there. I also use HL for ISA purposes, but for more regular and smaller trades, I use eToro due to their fee system which facilitates frequent/smaller trades.

There are forex, commodities, equities and crypto’s and whilst I’ve dabbled in a few of these, I generally stick to equities - seems a much lower risk. I hold commodities physically, though have ‘hedged’ positions using ETFs in the past.

I’m currently bullish on UK equities; I anticipate the pound will strengthen at some point in the future and require a increase in GBP as that’s my daily currency!

My current preference is towards defensive stocks; the idea of quite high dividends from companies which are fundamental to every day life favours my long term strategy. E.g. United Utilities, National Grid. My current UU position is quite high; I’m aware of Labour’s plans, but anticipate they are playing the market so that their friends can build up positions.key.jpg

I’m not looking to bore everyone here, but if you have any questionson my thoughts on eToro or future investment plans then please do ask. Also, if you use eToro, what do you think?

If you would like to copy me or view my trading information on eToro, then please let me know!

How are they in 2019? Still recommended for someone who just wants to buy some commodities with no hassle of actually holding them?

Edited by Challenger

2 hours ago, Challenger said:

How are they in 2019? Still recommended for someone who just wants to buy some commodities with no hassle of actually holding them?

I like them, good for making frequent trades. Trading silver/gold is obviously easy to do, with small overnight fees, but like many others here, I prefer physical commodities 

I prefer holding stocks on their platform, I have very bad luck with currencies.