• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Queen’s beasts Falcon gold proof should be out soon

*tada*

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugh! I’m sorry I don’t like it at all. The first few beasts look beautifully stylised. This here fellow looks like someone has quite literally ruffled his feathers. His head seems to big for his body, and his fantail behind the shield makes no sense to me.

Basically, I don’t think he fits in with the rest of the beasts, stylistically. I guess I’d say the series started going downhill beginning with the bull. Glad I never started collecting this series - I’d be tugging at my feathers umm hair right about now 😬

For those of you who do like it, I’m happy for you and hope the coins don’t have production flaws. 

I will look forward to seeing actual pics. 

56 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Ugh! I’m sorry I don’t like it at all. The first few beasts look beautifully stylised. This here fellow looks like someone has quite literally ruffled his feathers. His head seems to big for his body, and his fantail behind the shield makes no sense to me.

Basically, I don’t think he fits in with the rest of the beasts, stylistically. I guess I’d say the series started going downhill beginning with the bull. Glad I never started collecting this series - I’d be tugging at my feathers umm hair right about now 😬

For those of you who do like it, I’m happy for you and hope the coins don’t have production flaws. 

It's an angry falcon!! It's different in style and really sticks out. I think people will remember this design

3 hours ago, westminstrel said:

yea I almost forgot the bull but I remember the photoshop from a forum member here🤣

29 minutes ago, FoolzGold said:

I'm a bit disappointed in this one, but not a terrible design. It's certainly no RM lunar pig...

I'm hoping it will look slightly better in the regular bullion version. To be honest I prefer the look of all the bullion versions to the proofs.

Yes think the coin might look better than that pic

Bit of a shocker to me, looks like they are trying to pander to the American market. With it looking a bit like the American Eagle.    Thing is they had to do something different else it could look like the griffin.

the royal mint REALLY have to look at the shocking designs that they have put out in the last few years.  I can’t see why they can’t come to a forum like ours to ask the option of people that know and care about coins

43 minutes ago, FoolzGold said:

I'm a bit disappointed in this one, but not a terrible design. It's certainly no RM lunar pig...

I'm hoping it will look slightly better in the regular bullion version. To be honest I prefer the look of all the bullion versions to the proofs.

Agree. I prefer the look of the bullion coins. 

Not sure what I think of the falcon design. It's not terrible, it just looks a bit flat so far. I think it would have looked better with the falcon about to take off into one of the top corners of the coin. 

Just now, Cornishfarmer said:

Bit of a shocker to me, looks like they are trying to pander to the American market. With it looking a bit like the American Eagle.    Thing is they had to do something different else it could look like the griffin.

the royal mint REALLY have to look at the shocking designs that they have put out in the last few years.  I can’t see why they can’t come to a forum like ours to ask the option of people that know and care about coins

Yes my prediction is it will be popular in US. Just like the Australian wedge tailed eagle series.

It's ok and I'll likely buy one to keep the collection going.. To me it looked more a "protective" stance than the rampant, proud beasts in the earlier versions. Then I googled "protective falcon bird" and found this... :D (https://fineartamerica.com/featured/peregrine-falcon-adult-in-protective-tim-fitzharris.html?product=shower-curtain)

Screen Shot 2018-08-28 at 8.40.56 am.png

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

29 minutes ago, jultorsk said:

It's ok and I'll likely buy one to keep the collection going.. To me it looked more a "protective" stance than the rampant, proud beasts in the earlier versions. Then I googled "protective falcon bird" and found this... :D (https://fineartamerica.com/featured/peregrine-falcon-adult-in-protective-tim-fitzharris.html?product=shower-curtain)

Screen Shot 2018-08-28 at 8.40.56 am.png

I think most people appreciate eagle/falcon in flight, hence I’d say this is a bold design in any regards. After all, you have to choose from bird in flight, bird perched, or bird in protective stance...

Archived