• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Advice on GS.BE issue

Ritvaser

There are a lot of threads about GS.be but I am still trying a new topic for this issue.

I bought a handfull of proofs from GS and returned three of them due to spots. They were ok with me returning them.

When the coin arrived to GS, I got an email that one of the coin capsules was broken with no further instructions, just a short sentence.

I have replied with a list of solutions that includes a deduction for a replacement capsule, me sending a new capsule, they sending back the replaced coin in the broken capsule.

Thing is, its almost three months with no replies and the proofs has gained some premium with a total value of 320€. 

Since I do not want to be banned from future orders, which has happened to others due to complaints, I dont really know what button to push to make them want to make an effort to solve it. One Idea is to just send the capsule to their returns with a short note about the issue considered to be resolved from my end and my adress provided.

Any thoughts on what makes GS tic?

A 3 month delay seems far too long without a resolution.
You may find that if the market prices of the proofs have risen then perhaps the best you will be offered is a refund and not a replacement.
Were these brand new coins in which case GS.be should have been able to return them to their origin ? 
If they were recirculated then that could be a problem.
Reading between the lines the best way of dealing with GS.be is 'POLITELY'.
I have some Canadian silver proofs in mint sealed capsules ( you would need to break them to gain access to the coins ) that are showing spots but were most likely free of defects when they were shipped several years ago. They are still proofs of course and not handled and I feel now they are blighted but what would a jury think ?

5 hours ago, Bullionbilly said:

Just send an email asking for an update with the returns / order. 

Recently ive had a different lady replying other than Eva. I think her cage has been taken away from a desk... maybe she bit a collecting customer ?

Well, thats what I have been doing but no response at all from those emails. Can still order stuff though

Sorry to hear that mate.  All you can do is be polite as possible and ask for an update.  If that fails, we are still part of the EU.  Look into the EU legislation around the return of goods.  There are rules about how they should be acting! 

On a separate note, if you are buying proofs I cant recommend thecoinconnection.co.uk enough.  I have purchased from them a few times.  They check every coin before sending it out to you.  I was sick of getting pants proof QBs from the Royal Mint.  They also sell them cheaper than the Royal Mint.  

1 minute ago, AllThingsShiny said:

Would never buy from these cowboys. Silver to go is my go to dealer. 1st class customer service

Even silver to go have there own issues.

Last year I had to return about 15 coins to them becauseof issues with them and somehow they "lost" the return parcel even tho I sent it tracked to them and it needed to be signed for they did not know where it was.

Turns out there receptionist signed for it so not even silver to go are top notch with things.

Thanks for help Chris!

Just to clarify, I didn’t mean to complain about the matter by starting this thread. My hope was that maybe someone knows about the business culture and how they work with these issues.

Going to be very nice and concise and maybe contact them threw their WhatsApp info. 

Archived