• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Loading Up

Lowlow

It's been a few months since I was here (I think ?) and like I said then, I hadn't been purchasing gold and silver in earnest since 2008/2009, and before then I hadn't been doing it since the 1990's, but in the past year I've become interested in silver again as we move below about 17$us/oz.  Now we're at 14$us/oz and change.  If they're just going to give the stuff away ...

This is probably my only post on the subject since there is now some kind of annoying message that pops up every time I do anything on this site .. it's a step too far and I'm not going to hang around here if the place is going to pull &^%$ like that.  Forum posters are a treasure forums should cherish that adds value to their site, not resources for exploitation.

Anyway, was just a quick check in, hope everybody is having fun, miss chatting with you.  🙂

Disable Adblocker

Due to our advertisement aggreements with our sponsors we kindly request that you disable your ad blocker to view The Silver Forum.

The Silver Forum has a small selection of google ads and selected sponsored banners that help support The Silver Forum.  Purchasing Premium Membership or Gold Premium Membership will allow you to view the forum ad free.  We thank you for disabled your ad blocker.  If you require any technical assistance in how to disable your ad blocker please feel free to PM Chris Silver

Disable ad blocker just to read this forum ?

DREAM ON.

Just now, Lowlow said:

That comes up every time you click on anything, and I mean ANYTHING, so you have to dismiss it every post you read, every time you click to respond, any time you click on ANYTHING on the website.

Also this is new behavior, it didn't used to do that when I was here a few months ago.

2 minutes ago, HelpingHands said:

There was a issue with the forum at the weekend so that could be related.

Let's see if anybody else has reported it.  @ChrisSIlver

Hope so.

It looks horrible.  It's literally the first thing you see as soon as you go to the website, it pops up over the entire home/landing page before you even see any of the content on the site.  That has to be a turn off to anyone visiting the site, I know it's irritating the hell out of me.

• Founder & Administrator

@HelpingHands there isn’t any issues with the site doesn’t worry. The OP is referring to the ad block blocker.

@Lowlow please see this topic below.

All members can browse the forum for free, all you need to do is disable your ad blocker for thesilverforum.com there is no need to disable it completely for all websites, just add The Silver Forum as an exception.“

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/08/2018 at 03:14, ChrisSIlver said:

@HelpingHands there isn’t any issues with the site doesn’t worry. The OP is referring to the ad block blocker.

@Lowlow please see this topic below.

All members can browse the forum for free, all you need to do is disable your ad blocker for thesilverforum.com there is no need to disable it completely for all websites, just add The Silver Forum as an exception.“

Many things in this world are my problem ... this isn't one of them.

I don't care what your advertisers want.

My posts are interesting and draw traffic to sites (I'm not being egotistical, it's simply true), so it's more your loss if I'm not here, than mine.  Good luck with that.

You don't have to monetize every bit that goes across the wire to make money in the long run.  There's a reason that you never see sites forcing people to turn off ad blockers ... it's because it's usually the more sophisticated users who are using ad blockers, and those are the users you want most to be on your site.

1 hour ago, Lowlow said:

My posts are interesting and draw traffic to sites (I'm not being egotistical, it's simply true), so it's more your loss if I'm not here, than mine.  Good luck with that.

What's up with the agressive mode?? Not really attracting fans with that...

1 hour ago, Lowlow said:

You don't have to monetize every bit that goes across the wire to make money in the long run.  There's a reason that you never see sites forcing people to turn off ad blockers ... it's because it's usually the more sophisticated users who are using ad blockers, and those are the users you want most to be on your site.

I see many sites forcing people to turn off ad blockers, with "white list us or no content" messages.  When the ads are unobtrusive as they are on TheSilverForum just whitelist.

@Lowlow I have had a “google prize notification” come up every time I open eBay on my iPad. Certainly malware, and the adware blocker seems to have sorted it out.

I have never had the issue on this forum so please don’t think that the moderators have introduced it for monetary gain, they are not that type of people.

i thought Apple software prevented these annoying pop ups but I guess if there’s a way, there are  idiots prepared to make a name for themselves, and money of course.

Don’t lose heart and please continue to share your knowledge on the forum.

• 2 weeks later...

No this is some BS they have here on the forum, it's new.  I'm not disabling sh#t, I'm not a commodity, I don't turn ad blockers off for anybody so the forum can eat me.  I just won't hang out here.

That said, I did come back just to say I'm LOADING UP ON SILVER NOW.  Loading up!!!!

So glad that after years silver has finally come back down to bargain prices.  It's only happened twice before in my life, but at this moment silver is a great buy (imho) and even a great buy in relation to gold.  Of course, that "great buying opportunity" could last for a long time, months, YEARS, a decade or two, so it's a long term buy.

I intend to continue loading up until the price goes back above 15$us/oz, but hopefully it'll drop even lower first.  I would love to see sub-12$us/oz silver again, though I doubt there is any chance of that.

These are happy days, when you can buy silver without regret.  It's like free money.

• Founder & Administrator

The ad block blocker has been updated and now it should remember the user's action for closing the adBlock close message. So it should be less intrusive. (note this setting only applies to members and not guests)

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

12 minutes ago, ChrisSIlver said:

The ad block blocker has been updated and now it should remember the user's action for closing the adBlock close message. So it should be less intrusive. (note this setting only applies to members and not guests)

THANK YOU SO MUCH ChrisSilver, that fixed the issue completely.  Now you see the message when you first arrive but can click a button and not see it anymore while you're here.  Thank you thank you thank you thank you.  That message was just too much popping up every single time you clicked on anything, but now it is perfectly reasonable.

20 hours ago, ChrisSIlver said:

Thanks a bunch.  This change has fixed my problem as well.  I have allowed this site for both AdBlock and Ghostery, but for some reason I was still getting the popup unless i turned off Ghostery completely.  Works great now.

Archived