• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

MrGeorge

Hatton garden metals

9 minutes ago, MrGeorge said:

Just ordered some gold from them never used them before, do there coins come in capsules? Got a 2013 1oz britannia and its a larger coin so dont know if i should just order a capsule the now or wait.

I recently got a 2013 britannia and they are huge compared to the regular ones! 

You will need to buy a capsule separately though as HGM never sends coins in caps. 

Saw that.  It's a crazy price given the condition many of their coins come in.

I thought it was bad when they started charging around £200 for halves including jubilee heads.

Edited by Murph

2 minutes ago, danmc82 said:

There are 6 full shields at £297. I assume the price reflects the date, like you said.

Yes I noticed them, assume they will be the common later years or just the crappy, worn ones.

Interesting twist for HGM though, looks like someone has invested in a book!😁

I saw that before, I was looking through my emails and came across a £5 discount, I went over to HGM the prices of the shield sovereign's are silly and I for one will not buy at those premiums.  There are lots of coins to collect , I will start to buy other coins now rather than sovereign's some dealers prices are to high above spot  and I can wait.

I have a couple of 2013 Britannia's I have mine in 40mm air tite caps, if I remember correctly as they are in storage they are strangely attractive and sit nicely in the hand. 

What really annoys me about their new pricing is it is not reflected in their purchase policy. If you want to sell them any gold they pay the same rate regardless of whether broken jewlery or a shielback sov. Makes me wonder where they get their supply from. 

I'm another person who used to buy all of the time from HGM. As soon as their prices went crazy and they still only guarantee "bullion" I've not bought a single item

People vote with their feet, but there will always be some idiot in the world who they can sell to 😊

they WERE my dealer of choice for a good few years, EVERYTHING a simple +3% over spot regardless of gold size, no maths, no getting calculator out. Buy it now, click checkout paid in a few mins. Pile it high, sell it cheap

Now, everything different prices/rates plus busier and messier site. Can't really be bothered to do the maths on x50 products to see which is the best value to buy, so my cash is spent elsewhere now

Aye they used to be first point of call as well, I remember visiting the website to check stock quite often for a good deal. They probably got sick of answering the same question on the phone several times a day and changed their business model. 

Now for gold I use mostly Chards and Atkinsons, sometimes Coininvest. I can't remember the last time I bought from HGM. 

I rate HGM for selling to though, they are still my go to. Atkinsons are good too, they are better for price offers on certain coins.