• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

BackyardBullion

A new Tetris record has been set!

Loved it.

Yes sending you a PM now.

I have to add these to my collection... I know I said it before that I need to invest in other things atm. But I cant pass this by.

So expect a PM very soon.

Jon.

I was going to ask about the permutations of each set - surely not millions for the 50? :o

Isn't it Zebrano wood not Zebra wood (which would be something quite different!)? I made that mistake before myself with @jonrms and he  took it the wrong way I think (not literally!!! :wacko:) :P

1 minute ago, kimchi said:

I was going to ask about the permutations of each set - surely not millions for the 50? :o

Isn't it Zebrano wood not Zebra wood (which would be something quite different!)? I made that mistake before myself with @jonrms and he  took it the wrong way I think (not literally!!! :wacko:) :P

Oh I am pretty certain it will be into the billions of different combinations. I am no maths genius so anyone who can allude to the answer or how you get there would be very helpful!

1 minute ago, BackyardBullion said:

Oh I am pretty certain it will be into the billions of different combinations. I am no maths genius so anyone who can allude to the answer or how you get there would be very helpful!

Isn't it something like 50 x 49 x 48 x 47 etc, down to 2?  Must be a clever way on a calculator but can't remember.

1 minute ago, MickD said:

Isn't it something like 50 x 49 x 48 x 47 etc, down to 2?  Must be a clever way on a calculator but can't remember.

Well yes - assuming you had the choice of pieces to complete the board however you liked. But with a certain set of pieces it might limit the number of possibilities. 

But also factor in this - each piece can be placed on the board, in 4 different rotations (well, the L, Z and T can anyway) So that adds another dimension to the equation too!

The exponential growth equation would be into the realms of numbers I don't even know the answer to...

Just now, BackyardBullion said:

Not with that configuration of pieces I don't think - I'm surprised if it would be more than 1000! A quite simple computer program could be knocked up in half an hour (most of the time to input coordinates and specify piece shapes) to work it out I think. Who is up for the job? Quite a few on here I'm sure but one that comes to mind is @PansPurse perhaps?

6 minutes ago, jonrms said:

🤣🤣🤣 it is Zebrano but Zebra wood is something I wouldn't want to show LOL.

Come on post the pics, we are not shy folk on here, if I had Zebra wood it'd be straight on the 'today I received' thread! :lol::o

:ph34r:

6 minutes ago, MickD said:

Presumably you could also turn the upside down, anyway there's lots..................

Nope. not allowed! 'Lots' however is a very good/good enough estimation :)

9 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Well yes - assuming you had the choice of pieces to complete the board however you liked. But with a certain set of pieces it might limit the number of possibilities. 

But also factor in this - each piece can be placed on the board, in 4 different rotations (well, the L, Z and T can anyway) So that adds another dimension to the equation too!

The exponential growth equation would be into the realms of numbers I don't even know the answer to...

Yes the pieces supplied absolutely affect the odds.

Rotation is less of a factor because  many (most?) pieces will only work with one or two (aside from the obvious inversion for a 'longways' set and the four rotations for a square set, which doesn't count I don't think.

'Exponential' is a superb word btw, and funnily enough been out with my buddy today and had already chosen it as my word of the day! :)

Edited by kimchi

43,408,444,347,889,400,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.00

If you could turn them upside down and they were all the same shape

1 hour ago, MickD said:

43,408,444,347,889,400,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.00

If you could turn them upside down and they were all the same shape

You can't and they aren't :P