• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Attraction to Silver Unboxing videos

Mark10110

I also enjoy watching these and often think the same thing. I think it’s the persons reaction and description something we all feel when our post arrives but something we don’t say out loud. Also you get to see cool stuff you down own from all angles with good lighting etc. 

Id like to do a few but I’d probably fudge it up ?

The tactical knives some people use look ridiculous for the task, and there are satirical unboxing videos that highlight the absurdity of the knife. (And there are satirical Apple unboxing videos where every piece of plastic or filler (void fill) is held solemnly before the camera by a hipster.)

That said, I cringe when I see people use open scissors to open a box. That would never have occurred to me – I didn't know it was a thing people did. The tactical knives are probably safer than that. And the packaging for bullion seems different than normal e-commerce or Amazon stuff. It's much harder to open, more tape, more impediments to make customers think it's more secure. I'm not sure that stuff makes a difference in pilferage in transit, but it does require a blade of some sort to open.

I use the right tool for the job – a Dewalt box cutter (though I want a Milwaukee Fastback). But as I said before, I think it would be fun if someone went way over the top with something like a sword. Or a rotary power tool. An industrial laser would be even better, if it could be oriented to slice off the lid. (In the same vein, there's a YouTube channel called Crush It that once crushed a gold bar donated by Baird. I guess some people like to see various things crushed, and I have to admit it was kind of cool seeing the gold bar yield to the crusher or whatever the machine is called.)

Archived