• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Random marketing email from the RM

creative

Hi received what appeared to be a direct email from a person at the RM. it’s 100% a marketing list email but very random.

Does anyone else get these?

A very special coin has become available that would perfectly compliment your coin collection, that is not available on our web site due to the very low numbers available.

We now have access to a specific mint mark original 1918 Gold Sovereign that is a special one year issue.

This coin was struck at the Bombay Mint in India for one year only, because in 1918 the German Navy were targeting boats carrying Gold from South Africa to London, so the Gold was secretly shipped to India and Sovereigns were struck to help aid the British war effort. Later that year the war was over so there was no requirement to mint circulated Gold Sovereigns there ever again.

We will be having a small quantity of these coins over the next week, but they are expected to sell out quickly.

The price is excellent at £395, particularly as they are graded as Extremely Fine condition.

Would you like me to reserve one for you so you don’t miss out and we can then speak about the different payment options available to you?

Currently building my silver stack so looking for Kooks, Koalas, Eagles & Pandas

Outside of silver I also run a technology YouTube channel http://youtube.com/thenorthernblogger

14 minutes ago, GrahamDiamond said:

Got this myself, Terresa from the Royal Mint. She has my bank details and my Royal Mint personal number ID. E-Mail is from the RM in Wales from the Historic coin team.

Mine was from a Nicky Harris, but I’m sure it’s just a marketing system and it comes from a genuine @royalmint.com email address.

I just found it random as I’ve only ever bought new Sovs from the RMB site. Also no way am I paying £395 for a 1918 Bombay Sovereign ?

Currently building my silver stack so looking for Kooks, Koalas, Eagles & Pandas

Outside of silver I also run a technology YouTube channel http://youtube.com/thenorthernblogger

21 hours ago, creative said:

Hi received what appeared to be a direct email from a person at the RM. it’s 100% a marketing list email but very random.

Does anyone else get these?

A very special coin has become available that would perfectly compliment your coin collection, that is not available on our web site due to the very low numbers available.

We now have access to a specific mint mark original 1918 Gold Sovereign that is a special one year issue.

This coin was struck at the Bombay Mint in India for one year only, because in 1918 the German Navy were targeting boats carrying Gold from South Africa to London, so the Gold was secretly shipped to India and Sovereigns were struck to help aid the British war effort. Later that year the war was over so there was no requirement to mint circulated Gold Sovereigns there ever again.

We will be having a small quantity of these coins over the next week, but they are expected to sell out quickly.

The price is excellent at £395, particularly as they are graded as Extremely Fine condition.

Would you like me to reserve one for you so you don’t miss out and we can then speak about the different payment options available to you?

The ingredients required to catch a fish: trigger 4 emotions
1 - tell the fish that there is a fantastic opportunity - generate Excitement
2 -  make it clear this is a limited time offer, -  instill a sense of Haste
3 - specifciy the price for the special fish to pay. make it celar the price is good/good investment/value - emotions of greed and joy.
4- finally, not to trigger an emotion, but seal the deal by asking directly for money.

No matter how good the English is, a scam will always read like a scam.
Do you have the senders email address? if youre happy to share i have tools available to dig, in some circumstances. :) 

24 minutes ago, Pritchard said:

The ingredients required to catch a fish: trigger 4 emotions
1 - tell the fish that there is a fantastic opportunity - generate Excitement
2 -  make it clear this is a limited time offer, -  instill a sense of Haste
3 - specifciy the price for the special fish to pay. make it celar the price is good/good investment/value - emotions of greed and joy.
4- finally, not to trigger an emotion, but seal the deal by asking directly for money.

You've either never had any marketing letters from Coin Portfolio or Westminster, or you write them :P

just checked the domain, it looks good. mx records check out too.

i would need the original email now to check the headers conform, in order to find out if the email domain (royalmint.com) has been spoofed (very well!) or, if they have a breach internally. if they have  breach and they are able to send emails from their mail server, then be aware that other details (like your bank details!) could very well be compromised depending on where and hoow they record them.

anyone who has these emails - i would call Royal mint directly and explain. if they give you any knock back quote ISO 27001 standards, stating they should be managing customers information correctly and securely. probably now also covered by GDPR EU regs.

Graham Byrne;

Get more apps
Action Items

Regards

Terresa Croudace

Account Manager (Historics )

terresa.croudace@royalmint.com
The Royal Mint
Llantrisant
Pontyclun
CF72 8YT
United Kingdom
Tel: +44 (0) 1443 623811 (Direct)
Tel: +44 (0) 1443 222111 (Switchboard)
<http://www.royalmint.com>

This e-mail originated from The Royal Mint Limited or one of its group entities. The information in this e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.

If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the Royal Mint's IT Security Officer using the e-mail address:ITSO@royalmint.com.

The Royal Mint Limited whose registered office is at Llantrisant, Pontyclun, Mid-Glamorgan CF72 8YT, United Kingdom (registered in England and Wales No. 06964873).

Scanned by FuseMail

20 hours ago, Pritchard said:

just checked the domain, it looks good. mx records check out too.

i would need the original email now to check the headers conform, in order to find out if the email domain (royalmint.com) has been spoofed (very well!) or, if they have a breach internally. if they have  breach and they are able to send emails from their mail server, then be aware that other details (like your bank details!) could very well be compromised depending on where and hoow they record them.

anyone who has these emails - i would call Royal mint directly and explain. if they give you any knock back quote ISO 27001 standards, stating they should be managing customers information correctly and securely. probably now also covered by GDPR EU regs.

Email headers are fine. They are coming from genuine RM addresses.

• 1 month later...

I’m registered at both the RMB and the other RM site which sells proof coins. I’ve never received any kind of marketing emails from the RM because I never ticked any of the boxes giving my consent to such marketing emails. If you were similarly careful not to tick any of the boxes giving your consent then it’s most likely someone who isn’t connected to the RM trying to scam you. However, I wouldn’t know what type of marketing emails you might receive if you were to mistakenly give your consent as part of the registration process.

42 minutes ago, RogerBelmar said:

I’m registered at both the RMB and the other RM site which sells proof coins. I’ve never received any kind of marketing emails from the RM because I never ticked any of the boxes giving my consent to such marketing emails. If you were similarly careful not to tick any of the boxes giving your consent then it’s most likely someone who isn’t connected to the RM trying to scam you. However, I wouldn’t know what type of marketing emails you might receive if you were to mistakenly give your consent as part of the registration process.

I wouldn't open it if I wasn't sure. My son works in the bank fraud department and that's always his advice to me. Contact them and ask if they sent you any emails, I get their marketing emails and to be honest they don't bombard you with them like some places, they are rather infrequent and are good for keeping you up to date with their future products, also, anytime I have phoned them they have been very helpful.

Archived