• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Insurance for my stack

Goldmick

Yes one was think mid cover at £10.000 on single or collection of coins but total cover for all your stuff at 25.000 home safe was 15.000 and total 30.000 but didnt ask about other one hope that helps but if you need to ask them about anything give thwm a call 

Hope this helps out peeps on here. Good thing is you dont have to tell them or list your coins.  Im not 100% sure how they and what they need to prove or make a claim but i said to them ive got photos and bill of sales and they was happy with that. But if anyone needs to khow for sure or wants to cover there house i would check or give them a call

On ‎05‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 16:00, Norskgeld said:

I got contents insurance from Nationwide £132.37 per year.

Includes Valuables which is jewellery and items containing gold or silver.

Total limit £31,000

Single item limit £4000

I will contact them directly to clarify if coins are included.

Nationwide confirmed today that gold and silver coins are included under valuables.?

My contents cover is £75k as standard. £30k or so may seem like a lot but add up all your appliances, fixtures and fittings (to be replaced as new) and it soon adds up. My buddy had a house fire and they paid out for all books and DVDs as new (I doubt he had receipts!) - he got a good few thousand from those alone (I don't think he pushed them for it either, they just handed him the dosh!).

5 minutes ago, kimchi said:

My contents cover is £75k as standard. £30k or so may seem like a lot but add up all your appliances, fixtures and fittings (to be replaced as new) and it soon adds up. My buddy had a house fire and they paid out for all books and DVDs as new (I doubt he had receipts!) - he got a good few thousand from those alone (I don't think he pushed them for it either, they just handed him the dosh!).

Who you with m8

7 minutes ago, Goldmick said:

Who you with m8

I think it's Santander through a bank account (would have to check the latest paperwork as I seem to remember it's now been separated from the parent company somewhat, but cover remained the same). I thought MoreThan also did £75k standard cover (?) or at least that's the number I think I remember seeing on their junk mail, perhaps it was Direct Line? Seems reasonable to me, especially if you've got a decent amount of PMs. My book, record and CD collection must be worth 10k, appliances 5k easy, then think about clothes and furniture...

I don't know what the cover is for PMs tbh but I don't keep many at home, I feel much safer with family members looking after them :)

2 hours ago, Goldhooked said:

£700 is expensive, you can do far cheaper than that.  I paid less than £200 a year for buildings and contents which includes single items up to £10k.

Sounds like you need a new broker!

Was ok for single items but as soon as it called a collection that’s when the cost started to go up.    Same as always £700 sounds expensive but you don’t know how much gold I have!!!!!!  I do have piece of mind now knowing that it’s safe......:: unless another Hatton garden heist happens again

7 minutes ago, Cornishfarmer said:

Was ok for single items but as soon as it called a collection that’s when the cost started to go up.    Same as always £700 sounds expensive but you don’t know how much gold I have!!!!!!  I do have piece of mind now knowing that it’s safe......:: unless another Hatton garden heist happens again

No worries, it just seemed expensive for only £4K for single items.  Do they class a collection as a single item or does it come under the total covered for valuables?  I’m pretty sure my policy covers a collection as part of the total covered although I think I’ll give them a ring to double check.  My total coverage for valuables is £25k which more than covers my modest collection.

4 minutes ago, Goldhooked said:

No worries, it just seemed expensive for only £4K for single items.  Do they class a collection as a single item or does it come under the total covered for valuables?  I’m pretty sure my policy covers a collection as part of the total covered although I think I’ll give them a ring to double check.  My total coverage for valuables is £25k which more than covers my modest collection.

Always double check the small print. I had an experience( not PM ) with ins/company. I had a burst pipe in the bathroom the water went under the tiles and forced up 6 tiles damaging them, checked the insurance document, yes it was covered, tried to claim they said "we are only obliged to replace the 6 tiles" I told them the tiles were now out of production and would all have to be removed, when I disagreed with him he said, " check the small print",.Anyhow the excess was £140 so it wasn't worth claiming. I had to replace the whole bathroom at my own cost. Never take verbal assurances over the phone, everything must be in writing.

Just wanted to make the point that a lot of insurers dont put much emphasis on the type of safe you have but i would ALWAYS recommend you have one with the correct cash rating so there is no comebacks. Remember  if its a 5k cash rating then you can have 5k worth of gold/cash or 10x the cash rating for jewellery so 50k. If you have 2.5k of gold in the safe the the rest of the allowance can be used for jewellery - so 25k and vise versa. You know what insurance companies are like any chance to shaft you they will!

On 10/08/2018 at 04:52, RacerCool said:

I have renter's insurance, which covers up tho $20,000 in valuables. I did not mention coins or PMs, and they never asked me to specify what my valuables are.

Nice one 

Archived